• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why do you play KHX?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaCore5

Awards
I would like to get into KH chi but am turn off by how its not for america and how it doesn't have anything to do with the story line. But there is a very big community here that supports the game. So tell me. What keeps you guys still playing?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Because I get to play Kingdom Hearts every day. It not being an official part of the story doesn't make it any less Kingdom Hearts.

nuyi

Awards
because This big Community i'm still playing the game
i'm already stop playing around 1-2 months

and when i came here again, i really really want to play again
i know that sound doesn't make sense

but it's true this big community really caused me to play again

MegaCore5

Awards
because This big Community i'm still playing the game
i'm already stop playing around 1-2 months

and when i came here again, i really really want to play again
i know that sound doesn't make sense

but it's true this big community really caused me to play again
I think the only reason I would play this came would be to get more involved with the community. The gameplay looks nice but how many hours do you have to play to get the good items in this game?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
It's hard to say, because the game has changed so much. You'd have to talk to a newer player, but not so new that they're in the process of it. QuintusKing, maybe?

The answer is a fair amount, however. That said, you don't spend much time per day, just log in whenever your AP is full, empty it, and move on with your day until it's full again. At the start, that will be every three or four hours depending on whether or not you can find a team, and each play session will be pretty short. Oh, your first few play sessions will be longer (story missions don't cost much energy any more) but after you have fun with those, it's not a huge time investment if you don't want it to be.

For example, right now we're fighting monsters worth 8 AP. You'll have 50. You log in, you kill six of them, you punch the Raid Boss on the nose a few times, and spend the remaining AP on busywork like upgrading your Keyblade. If that costs you ten minutes I'd be surprised. Five probably. Come back four hours later. Or even later than that. Don't let it grind on you.

I'd say it's important not to throw yourself all-in at first. Sure, there are better ways to play, but you have to decide if you like the game before worrying about that. Don't worry about Lux Up Time or Guilt Up Time before you've decided whether or not you care, you know?

Zeke_Aileron

Frost Vulpeus Keyblade Chevalier
Awards
Dawnbright Town, The empty room of loneliness....
Website
zeke-aileron.tumblr.com
Why do i play KHX?

My pro's for me on KHX;
  • Great community on KHinsider
  • Good Guides and translated mission and Story guides
  • The ability to have a customized Keyblade Avatar to play as in this fairytale version of the past Keyblade war
  • The Card Combat system
  • The attack animations that cards use in combat are very well done
  • Experiencing a non-canon storyline in the KH universe
  • Mostly just love Kingdom Hearts regardless of langauge bounds
  • The Ap and Bp system is common in facebook and japanese social games so it's easily handled.
  • Weekly Union missions for all Unions based on their current ranking
  • All players get rewards for whatever ranking they have every week
  • The chance to wield a few canon keyblades for your custom Avatar, and even upgrade them to make them stronger.
  • Kingdom Hearts Soundtracks, especially for Daybreak town(just amazing)

My Cons for KHX...;
  • Not enough actual story updates besides it being updated once a month for story and every thursday for other updates...
  • Most overpowered cards are bought using charge munny from premium boxes
  • The RNG for great cards take a lot of patience...
  • The Class system prioritizes ethers to get only, since potions were taken out
  • SR+ Yen Sid cards are very hard to get if not put any work effort into getting them

Uh for you to get good items, it takes some patience, but since it's KHX 1 year anniversary getting good cards is pretty easy to get now, the shop sells SR cards pretty cheap, you also get a few SR cards to have since they sometimes have a newcomer campaign for those that want to try playing the game.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's really addictive and cute. When I was still playing, I liked to just enjoy dropping in and doing a few fights, leveling up my character, getting lux for my team, then dropping back out.

Even though the story isn't important, it is still really enjoyable to see the characters from Disney games chillin' around to give you story missions. The sense of community that this game has is really astounding, though. I really like how tightly-nit everybody is and how helpful they can be. Few games unite people like this.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
It's a bit of a niggling issue, but you have to pay for the best cards, you do not have to pay for the good cards. Most of the people here have never paid a cent and many of us are in A-tier teams.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
For me it's really simple: I play for the excitement and community, and also partly because I understand Japanese.

There was this time when the forums were inactive a few months back, but I noticed that how the Chi section always had someone posting in it. I then decided to give the game a try, and thanks to the help and assistance of the folks here, I managed to see how enjoyable it is playing and growing strong together.

Now the Chi section is still lively, if not more than ever, thanks to the new stuff that keeps getting added into the game. We joked together about the insanity of the developers for introducing seemingly impossible missions, we showed off the cards we got to ramp up the hype for others, we appreciated other people's achievements, we helped each other with guides and translation stuff... the list is non-exhaustive. We simply are all in the same wavelength. I'm not ashamed to say that we are really brought together by the game.

Besides...

It's a bit of a niggling issue, but you have to pay for the best cards, you do not have to pay for the good cards. Most of the people here have never paid a cent and many of us are in A-tier teams.

Blackdrazon is spot-on in saying so. The good cards can really be up there when it comes to base stats, coming really close to the best cards. For example, there's a non-paid card with 24795 / 24345 stats in attack and defence (though for you these numbers might be hard to put into perspective right now), and some of the past pay-only cards have 24669 / 24669 stats (though they did come boosted by 3 times).

However, it's not like you have to pay to enjoy the game. The enjoyment of playing with friends and being involved with the community lingers longer and is more noticeable than the enjoyment of having the best cards. Trust me, I've been there.

And...

Because I get to play Kingdom Hearts every day. It not being an official part of the story doesn't make it any less Kingdom Hearts.

No truer words have been spoken.

Last edited:

MegaCore5

Awards
It's really addictive and cute. When I was still playing, I liked to just enjoy dropping in and doing a few fights, leveling up my character, getting lux for my team, then dropping back out.

Even though the story isn't important, it is still really enjoyable to see the characters from Disney games chillin' around to give you story missions. The sense of community that this game has is really astounding, though. I really like how tightly-nit everybody is and how helpful they can be. Few games unite people like this.
I like the chibi look because it help people to know that this game is non canon. Have they added a search engine to help find your freinds for your own team or is that not added yet? If I make my file which union should I be in Vulpes?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Ugh, no, they have not. The Username Masterpost here at KHI and the Top 1000 lists are still the best, nearly only, way to find anyone. Much of the forum is in Vulpes but there are others who might have teams to recommend.

kingofgame981

Awards
We all love Kingdom Hearts, and especially with the help from other buddies in here that don't make me and other bros lose track while playing. We support each other and having fun togethere. There are some problems that holding some players (including me) back but we still work hard to not getting behind (really really behind!)

MegaCore5

Awards
We all love Kingdom Hearts, and especially with the help from other buddies in here that don't make me and other bros lose track while playing. We support each other and having fun togethere. There are some problems that holding some players (including me) back but we still work hard to not getting behind (really really behind!)
It seems the pros outweigh the cons so maybe after that this week is over I will try it out since I know a lot about it after reading a bit in the KH chi forum. I think I will be well prepared by that time. At Least this will be a good chance to make friends on the forums!

kingofgame981

Awards
It seems the pros outweigh the cons so maybe after that this week is over I will try it out since I know a lot about it after reading a bit in the KH chi forum. I think I will be well prepared by that time. At Least this will be a good chance to make friends on the forums!

Welcome to the forum, Mega.

I remember Karz or Solo or someone else said now that new player to the game will become more easier with lots of bonus.

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com
Hello, MegaCore5! Nice to meet you.

To start off, I didn't pay much attention to this browser game at first (I even forgot its existence for a while since it's non-canon). Somehow I felt like wanna try it out, and I did so! The experience is totally different from what the other installments hold, and I like how the characters look. Though I don't understand much Japanese, I make friends in the game (the players are so friendly!). I admit that the gameplay is plain, but I still enjoy playing, since I love KH. If you want to know what makes me keep playing, it's actually hard to leave, for I have already grown a strong bond with my team (it's in fact a full-Japanese team)!

I only started playing chi since March, but everything's gotten much steadier compared to when I first joined it. It all thanks to my strong teammates, the helpful players here in the forums and, of course, my persistence :p. You don't really have to understand Japanese, 'cuz we have all the experts here! If you happen to join us, we're glad to help you out! After all, we're already in the family of KH fans. You don't have to rush, though. When you feel like you're well prepared, then only you hop in.

Cheers! :cool:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Welcome to the forum, Mega.

I remember Karz or Solo or someone else said now that new player to the game will become more easier with lots of bonus.

I believe a beginners' campaign is currently taking place... at least around a month ago it was still ongoing. For each level you gain, up to level 30, you'll receive rewards that had been special event / mission rewards in the past. Looking at the list of rewards, it seems that they are enough to keep you going until you've built yourself a stable deck.

Maybe I'll create a guide for beginning players over the weekend.

Wonderful! Combined with the guides that detail all the mechanics and interface basics, I hope this can help garner some interest from those who are thinking of playing the game.

kingofgame981

Awards
I believe a beginners' campaign is currently taking place... at least around a month ago it was still ongoing. For each level you gain, up to level 30, you'll receive rewards that had been special event / mission rewards in the past. Looking at the list of rewards, it seems that they are enough to keep you going until you've built yourself a stable deck.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the up to level 30 bonus. My old brain memory card think that when you create a new character you will immediately got new bonus.

Maybe I'll create a guide for beginning players over the weekend.
This is wonderful, Karz. I will consider myself a newbie and read the whole of this guide when you finish.

p/s: This encourage me to continue work on the guide for some guys in my country. (which I have abandon long ago)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Actually isn't the New Player event still going? You get some new cards and alternate outfits and level up quickly, it should be nice!

The mission page says it goes until late October, that's pretty crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back