• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Do You Debate about Religion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroX45

As I looked throughout the forum, I found many intelligence and open minded people. The reason I made this thread is to found out why do out guys debate about Religion. Do you find it fun to challenge yourself or do you want people to see your way of thinking. Everyone has their own reasons to why they debate about religion are any other types of debates. When I hear other reasons, I will post mine.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I do it because I enjoy it, and because I learn a lot from it, usually. Not just from participating in debates, but from reading them, I learnt a lot of things here.

Sephiros_TH

I debate here because of many reasons. I like to hear about other religions, I like to see how certain religions react when they are put on the spot, I would like to find some religion that actually makes sense, and there are many more.

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter
Because i'm an elitist asshole and i'm always right.

Not... But i think that's how some people are around here. I just debate for shits and giggles, and see what other people have to say about my opinions. I mostly just read what others argue about.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
I always think it’s funny to see the hardcore atheists and faithful argue the most. Its funny when a person tries to pull the discussion back on topic and how some tries to bash God/ Atheists by quoting it and saying something. Some one always has to say something even when the debate has nothing to do with God's existence.

On an educated side note I also like to learn about other's religion. For a long time I only new Catholicism and now I'm learning about all types of denominations and other religious beliefs. ^_^

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I dont like debating. I like discussing things... Like about my beliefs, knowing other people's thoughts on important matters etc.... but discussions are what I really like.... which rarely happens on KHI >.> lol... anyway, when I am pulled into a debate, its usually because I am trying to defend a false claim... or something along those lines I guess.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
It's always nice to learn the different ways of thinking that people have. Everybody has differences, even if they are the slightest detail, and having thoughtful conversations can really help to improve understanding and help you to learn and grow as a person. Plus, I just like to talk about things like this with people, don't know if that's strange or not, lol.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
It's the christian job....to spread christianity, is it not? So thats why i'm here....trying to do my job....i read what people have to say, and like my friend Forever Atlas here, get a direct quote from the bible, tring to get my point across....trying to explain what they misinterpret, or maybe to back people up. Of course i learn a little bit about things here...Such as the rapture....i learned a lot about it from this forum...

KingBlade

by sinspire^
Because the debate is not over. Religion can never be established as the truth even, though people think of it as fact and law, it still goes under faith. Also, I love to learn about religion.

Ren

adios motherfucker
I personally don't debate, but pretty much all religions conflict with each other. People try to prove that their side is right, because each side believes that their religious texts or teachings (or even lack thereof) are the utmost truth. And also because people like to misinterpret the Bible.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
It's a great way to test your belief system. And if it isn't for that purpose, it's just fun. Some debates are for the mere purpose of getting people to understand your point of view, others are a competition. Who can out-debate who. Since nothing is undeniable.

Phoenix said:
Because the monkeys in my head command it.

Phoenix was picked on by christian extremist spawn in middle school. :c

Not sucking up or anything. xD

But all the veterans of KHInsider.com such as Phoenix, Hollow Bastion, Ryu, Time, CAB_IV and Hidden really have great minds, I love to read their posts about most debates regarding religion. This makes me want to share my thoughts with them, and is pretty much the main reason I love to debate about religion (although I've been avoiding the Intel Discussion/Religious forums lately). Also because it's quite a serious subject, the thoughts and beliefs other other humans faith. And how we, as humans, persist in finding the truth so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back