• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

why do so many people dislike 358/2 days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

what do you think about 358/2 days

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I honestly just thought that since Xion was a memory being connected to Sora, and having Roxas there at the same time who's also connected to Sora, caused some sort of affect. Riku being who he is...

The thing is Snarl of Memories showed a Memory Sora couldn't have gotten on his own without him having some sort of weird Memory connection with Riku, since it was Riku's encounter with Zexion from Re:Com.
Xion being established on Memories that relate to Sora is exactly why Snarl of Memories holds so much potential - because she saw Riku's Memories.

Don't know much about it either, since I'm not spoiling myself on BBS any more than I have to, but apparently with TAV, it's more complicated than that *shrug*.

They say I've been spoiled about 90% and without even trying. So. :v

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
So far it seems she's one of the people whose torment Sora needs to end.
In which case she's just like Terra, Aqua and Ven.

So thats Terra, Ven, Aqua, Xion, Axel, Roxas, Kairi, and Riku that Sora needs to save. Gee Sora's got his work cut out for him.

Sephora

Someone's gonna need to end Sora's torment. >__>

Xion being established on Memories that relate to Sora is exactly why Snarl of Memories holds so much potential - because she saw Riku's Memories.

Could be a possible set up for 3D if Xion passed the memories on to Sora. Didn't Riku morph into Sora (or vice versa) during the trailer?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Someone's gonna need to end Sora's torment. >__>

I think only Nomura can do that but he's not going to for a good while.

Could be a possible set up for 3D if Xion passed the memories on to Sora. Didn't Riku morph into Sora (or vice versa) during the trailer?

It'd be an interesting twist that once again relates to Snarl, seeing the Riku-Sora morph Xion/Roxas had going there. And it's not unbased in the least, if Xion truly does have Riku relations.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I played it on my sis' SD card. Can't say I really cared too much for Xion (and that's kinda sad considering her being such a focal point of the story). Her creation/entity just seemed lackadaisical and unfounded. And the Panel system was overly constrained for my tastes. It's not a terrible game, but I wouldn't rank it above what it's worth; fan service. I also wouldn't buy it.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think people are missing quite a bit of Riku's own issues that go beyond the whole "need to save Sora" bit. Especially when both Roxas and Xion have faces that belong to the people precious to Riku.

And yet despite having Sora's face, Riku managed to harden up inside enough to take Roxas on their first meeting, in Days. Unless you're saying Riku cares for Kairi more than Sora?

But I agree that them not showing us anything either which way is annoying, and is something Days was as lacking in as KH2 :v

The whole point of not showing anything in Riku's mind was so that it was possible to milk the being-held-and-protected-by-Riku thing for all it was worth.

Also, about it taking them so freaking long.
Riku didn't show up until quite a bit into the year. That already wasted about half a year so saying things like "they should've went after Roxas on day 70" is redundant because they couldn't. They only had Diz and Namine with Riku being either with Mickey and away or on his lonesome, getting his blindfold. So the time span in which action could've been taken was actually still wide but a lot less so than people make it seem in here.

The complaining isn't about that, it's about this:

DiZ: You seem to be struggling.
Naminé: A Nobody is interfering, I think.

*76 days later*

DiZ: What has happened?
Naminé: It's Sora... His memory has stopped.
DiZ: Stopped?
Naminé: Unless something is done, he'll never wake from his slumber.
DiZ: Then so be it. The gloves must come off.
Naminé: But...what'll happen to...
DiZ: Those Nobodies had no business existing in the first place--as you know fully well, Naminé.
Naminé: Yes...

*52 days later*

DiZ: It appears we've come to a standstill.
Naminé: Yes.
DiZ: This has gone on long enough. Riku... I think you know what needs to be done.
Riku: Right.

Why on earth did he wait so long? It doesn't make any sense at all.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
And yet despite having Sora's face, Riku managed to harden up inside enough to take Roxas on their first meeting, in Days. Unless you're saying Riku cares for Kairi more than Sora?

You're gonna have to be specific about their first meeting because be it in TLTW where Riku just blocked Axel and Roxas's hits, or in the Deep Dive fight where Nomura confirmed Riku was having a hard time with Roxas being Sora's Nobody, it didn't seem like Riku managed to harden up inside enough so easily.
Then we have the circumstances being different both when Riku met either of them, as well as their own circumstances.

Though that does bring a rather glaring contradiction. The whole point in Deep Dive was that Riku was distraught by Roxas's face being Sora's - but now we see that he actually saw it before >_>;;;
So unless he still didn't believe it or just didn't connect the dots for some bizarre reason (seeing how he asked even in KH2 whose Nobody Namine was despite the looks) to still be affected by it in the Deep Dive, Nomura screwed up rather nicely here xD;

The whole point of not showing anything in Riku's mind was so that it was possible to milk the being-held-and-protected-by-Riku thing for all it was worth.

Nah, they could've made it even more blunt by actually showing some insight. And with people being pissy about it even when they gave us the benefit of the doubt it's not blunt and utter fanservice, it's pointless to try and cover it up.

The complaining isn't about that, it's about this:
*76 days later*
*52 days later*
Why on earth did he wait so long? It doesn't make any sense at all.

Again, Riku's part in this does seem to play an issue and insight aside, we'd have to know what the guy was even doing to be able to properly judge them stalling. If Riku took off from time to time, or if the Organization themselves were on the move, the stalling makes sense.
Again, it leads back to us not seeing any of it so it's frustrating, but I'd sooner be frustrated with that than over their actions not making sense, since they possibly do and it won't be uncalled for.
Bottom line is Diz needed Riku to be his pawn, but if Riku refused or was unavailable, Diz would be stuck with waiting.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
You're gonna have to be specific about their first meeting because be it in TLTW where Riku just blocked Axel and Roxas's hits, or in the Deep Dive fight where Nomura confirmed Riku was having a hard time with Roxas being Sora's Nobody, it didn't seem like Riku managed to harden up inside enough so easily.
Then we have the circumstances being different both when Riku met either of them, as well as their own circumstances.
I think the point is that in the end he managed to man up and get the job done despite whatever conflicting thoughts he had about the situation. In the end he took Roxas for the sake of waking Sora up. But when Xion threatened Sora's sleeping process he just let her go so that she could choose her own fate. So why the special treatment?

Lianeee

I enjoyed it, i played this before before any other KH games(I played KH2 afterwards and i still enjoy revisitng 358/2days) so this was the first time i saw Axel and am i the only one who thought that when you read him say 'got it memorized' its not funny but when you hear him say 'so you got the number memorized do ya?' it's funny! I laughed at that, dunno why lol/ Anyway back to the point yeah i enjoyed it, i just didn't like all the reading that had to be done

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think the point is that in the end he managed to man up and get the job done despite whatever conflicting thoughts he had about the situation. In the end he took Roxas for the sake of waking Sora up. But when Xion threatened Sora's sleeping process he just let her go so that she could choose her own fate. So why the special treatment?

Again, different circumstances.
To begin with, Roxas was in a fighting mood. Xion could be talked to. And then there was the point that the Organization was already on the move. They knew Xion ran away, and Xemnas knew what was going down and had Xion and Roxas battle it out completely.
Then we have Roxas himself running away which puts he himself in danger.

And I'll be really nitpicky and petty and raise a retcon point but this is all retcon.
Xion herself was a difference.
Everything Riku's been through with Xion and how it affected him and how her going away might've affected the situation with Roxas. He did seem to stagger when he saw all the flashes of his Memories of her as they began fading and I don't think it was just because they suddenly began to fade that made him notice it.
They spent a month together, and I don't think Riku's that sort of a cold hearted bastard to not let that get to him at all, not after KH1.
So her being gone already on itself is liable cause for a change in his actions.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
I thoroughly enjoyed it, In fact, since i gave a friend my copy after i erased my files, I'm half tempted to go out and Buy a new DS and 358/2 days. it's really fun with friends around. I enjoyed playing the game, although I disliked how the gears gave each member a new weapon, no not that but how the gears never had a real certain stat increase ie on one character the weapon would be great on the other it would be plain suckage. Like for instance on Roxas it would make mediocre combose, slow speed, but decent attack, and Axel it would be super-fast attacks, many combos with low attacks. I understand character stats would come into play but when it's to the point where you ahve to literally try each individual gear on each character to find the gear you liked with them, it got repetitive and boring.

I did however lvoe the character selection, althoguh I wish riku would have been a little more fast rather than his slow power attacks >.>

I found the Leveling system quite enjoyable, how things stacked, how you could link certain things for certain effects, it was quite fun setting up a new palette and trying it out every time.

x3Advent

I'm going to give my 2 cents and just say I liked the game and it had really good graphics and gameplay for a DS game. The only problem I had with it was the story line got confusing at times and playing the game with a D pad made it feel awkward, I thought playing days would kill my d pad...

For The King

Personally I really enjoyed the game, and it's probably one of my favorite of the series. The gameplay was fun to me, and it reminded me a lot of KH1 in terms of challenge and the combat being less automated (my main gripe with KHII). I also loved the story, and it made me feel more towards Roxas & Axel's friendship and made the start of KHII a tad more sad. I loved the panel system, and thought it was one of Days best features. I think the only thing I didn't like was how the missions were done, but other than that everything else made the game enjoyable. I am actually replaying it at the moment, and I am still enjoying it as much as I did the first time.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I wrote this in another thread about how they should have made days so I thought why not post it here to?

...for example is days wan't made they could have done a game with several main protogonists and they could have been roxas, mickey and Riku. the game could have cleared up everything instead of creating a brand new story that changed some small stuff (or made them look wierd, no I don't have any exampels for the minute but I remember there was something).
they could also have made just an "extremly" simple story and focus on making a fun gameplay with fun cutscenes where you play as some bad charachters wearing coats and still being open to new players it could clearify stuff and still don't ruin anything of the story.
in this case they could have (still can) made one more game with Riku and Michey and you could play from the beggining of KH 1 and till the end of KH II - This would still make a great game

Allister Rose

French Lover
well i think it's the same reason why people don't like ff13, it was good but it wasn't really the type of game you'd expect from FF series.

i think kh days was a little too different. it's an ok game IMO. but it went to it's most potential on the DS. i think kh2 deserves more hate because it had potential yet it didn't do it's best

Apollo

Silver Member
I didn't care too much for the story. I've always hated the idea of Xion and I guess I just made me dislike the game from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back