• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

why do so many people dislike 358/2 days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

what do you think about 358/2 days

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
that's basically how i feel as well. i hated what they did to roxas, i hate xion, and it was boring and repetitive.

the only good thing was mission mode
the ONLY part i liked was the fight with riku, and yet they even manged to screw that up.
Ex: roxas"i have to find this sora person!" (3 text bubbles later) "enougth about sora!"
the whole conversation was reduntant* :/

The whole plot in general was equal to a bad fanfic in my opinion.
dont insult fanfic's
if nomura had read one days wouldve been better.

Now everyone knows if they didn't make a game like this you people would have bitched about another plot hole Nomura failed to fill....and when he makes the game...you bitch because you fill it was unnecessary...i feel that the reason roxas was so close to Xion is because he was connected to her....she was his other half after all...people dont know how to be satisfied....and thats pretty stupid....
i never once bitched about not knowing roxas's past, the fact of not knowing is one of the things that made his character even more badass.

Last edited:

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
It was a ds game....Surely you didnt expect much from it....

Chain of Memories was a game for the GBA, and in my opinion, it's story was one of the best in the series. Being on a handheld system does not mean that the game should not be held up to any high standards.

All kh games are repetitive. Show me one that is not

The first one.

;)

Okay, I don't really have much to add here, since I've spoken my piece both in the Xion FC and HC. But I think there's something interesting about how most of people's feelings towards the game hinge on how they felt about Xion. To me, it proves what I have been suspecting for a long time: the whole "Roxas and Organization game" is a total misconception. This is the Xion game. The plot IS Xion. Not liking Xion makes it very hard to enjoy the plot. And I don't think that's a sign of good writing, when she wasn't advertised as the main protagonist or the playable character.

They were filler characters in KH2, but with imagination they could have been real characters in Days. This game is about their Organisation and set in their home, after all. If Xion could not even exist before Days and they can come up with enough BS to fill a whole game with about her, then they could have done the same for any character. I know you think it's the other way around, that they only filled a game with her BS because it was impossible to do the same for any other character, but I absolutely disagree. Imagination and effort is all it would have taken.

And I totally agree with this. Especially when you consider that Xemnas, Xigbar, and Xaldin all had connections to the past and BBS! They're the reason that the Heartless exist! Where's their character development, aside from Xigbar? You can't tell me that THEY weren't important to the series as a whole.

Also...

You realise Demyx' name STILL has never been said in a voiced cutscene in the series?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
To me, it proves what I have been suspecting for a long time: the whole "Roxas and Organization game" is a total misconception. This is the Xion game. The plot IS Xion. Not liking Xion makes it very hard to enjoy the plot. And I don't think that's a sign of good writing, when she wasn't advertised as the main protagonist or the playable character.

The trailers didn't really try to sell it off as anything BUT a Xion game, from what I recall. And with her being more of a Sora than Roxas, I still have no beef with that bit xD;

And I totally agree with this. Especially when you consider that Xemnas, Xigbar, and Xaldin all had connections to the past and BBS! They're the reason that the Heartless exist! Where's their character development, aside from Xigbar?

BBS. >_>;

Silfarion

Huh, I feel like a retard that I liked it so much. Actually it is my favorite along with kh2 fm+.

Alyssapie

Website
alyssaeveryday.tumblr.com
Ohhh... I've never heard anyone complain about this game. It basically tells Roxas' story and shows what happened with him- so I definitely don't think it was a waste. D: ...I enjoy the game! I'm almosttttt done with it.

PowerIsNothing

Repetitive story centring on an ass-pull character created as a fangirl's wet dream (no, really).

When I sad repetitive, I mean repetitive. Xion falls down/faints nine times. She runs away from the Org three times. Both Roxas AND her go into comas. And aside from being repetitive, don't those plot devices sound really bad-daytime-soap-opera to you? They sit around eating ice cream 2043935835 times. There are three scenes with Diz complaining about Sora's memories being stopped before he finally actually sends Riku to do something.

Then there's the fact that Roxas does literally nothing for the whole game, except missions and sitting on the clocktower. It's like they decided to give Xion all the plot and 'self discovery' arc they were going to give him, but remembered they'd already promised a game about Roxas, so they kept him as the 'main character' who watched/was oblivious on the sidelines.

There was hardly any Org development. You realise Demyx' name STILL has never been said in a voiced cutscene in the series? It's fine for them to have been shady mysterious villains in KH2 cause that was their role to Sora, but in a game about their members, in their own castle, they should have been more than scenery.

Then when there's finally a plot development that might be interesting--the Org pits them against eachother in a duel to the death--it gets resolved in one day, and has no real impact on the plot. Whaaaat

Xion was a predictable, flawless little angel and I find those characters boring. Roxas was pretty pussy too; maybe he gave his balls to Xion. 8D

Urghhh I think the story was really bad and should have been left in the minds of the fangirls where it belonged.

Completely agree man(or miss?) I was hoping the story would focus on how Axel turned from a cold blooded assassin into a nobody who genuinely values his friendship with Roxas. I was also hoping for Xaldin to get some development, he was a great enigma in KH2(or maybe just bland) I was hoping his character would gain weight, character wise I mean.

MidnightXIII

Website
rhymebito.deviantart.com
I really enjoyed the game. The game play and cutscenes where great, also loved the versus with the wireless conection with my friends. Before I played it I wasn't the biggest Organization fan now I love them :D

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
If one looks at it as a DS game, then yeah it was good, but if one looks at it as a KH game then it's not as good as the other games.

Basicaly Days' title was misleading, the story wasn't well put together, it was supposed to be Roxas' story but was more about Xion. And the Disney element was almost completely missing. Plus there was no development on the organization members.

That's why I don't like 358/2 days as much as I do the other KH games

ActingDude17

M_M, I can see your logic for all your other points, and think they're quite valid, but how was Days' title misleading?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Completely agree man(or miss?) I was hoping the story would focus on how Axel turned from a cold blooded assassin into a nobody who genuinely values his friendship with Roxas. I was also hoping for Xaldin to get some development, he was a great enigma in KH2(or maybe just bland) I was hoping his character would gain weight, character wise I mean.

Miss ;D

I know, right? Instead of 'omg why do I have to babysit, I hate this......okay now we are instantly best friends!!'

http://rogerregorroger.deviantart.com/art/Kingdumb-hearts-14-days-5-min-142022573
^Watch these, they outline so many plot holes and stupid logic in the games. (make sure to click the 'wheeee' in the corner or else an annoying animation will just play over and over XD)

M_M, I can see your logic for all your other points, and think they're quite valid, but how was Days' title misleading?

Well, it implies you can play 358 days. But you can't. Also it implies there are two scenarios or players (like in CoM) but there isn't.

I don't think it's a reason to hate the game, though. Admittedly it is a pretty stupid name to say lol

o_O

On a side note, I love how everyone keeps saying it was a worthless filler game but no one voted that it was off topic for the main story XD;

That's cause this is essentially two polls: did you like it? and why? Except you can only pick one option in the list >___>;

huanglulu

I think KH days is ok to me. I love the gameplay and panel system, Though i would love to see more interaction between each member and more character development for the main character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back