• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

why do so many people dislike 358/2 days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

what do you think about 358/2 days

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I do agree with some of what was said though about the general story construct as well as how Roxas was handled. The kid was downright bi-polar and with Namine and Xion both sharing his life span and neither presented such attitude problems, I can't forgive him for that without a better plot reason or something presented.

Well I guess part of it is that they both come from Kairi memories, who is a PoH and therefore has no darkness in her heart. I think this might affect their natures.

But then again, too much of it seemed to me like they were bending the role Roxas' character played to fit whatever situation they wanted instead of making his own firmly established character drive the plot... which is also bad writing.

BOOM, Xion. Not the smartest move, Nomura. But not like you did too many of those in this game. Maybe because you locked yourself up to write the script.

Lol, to me that scene kind of felt like, 'okay, let's get the Akuroku fanservice scene we teased with in the trailers out of the way early, and move onto Xion~'
'How early?'
'Uh... first scene of the game okay?'

Not that the game should have had fan service. I was looking for a story about growing friendship, really... I mean, how did they get to be so close, despite not having hearts? Days/the novels explain that Axel just randomly decided to be a nice guy and bring Roxas up to the clocktower on his first day of life, and turned into his mentor from there. There was no real gradual shift. Or character-driven conflict. Like in the short story in Another Report! All that angst about what friendship means to a Nobody and trust issues *A*

They could've expanded on when Axel and Roxas were looking for her instead of just show Roxas constantly come up empty handed. They could've showed us what the deuce happened during that month with Riku and Xion instead of leaving us fanfic authors to do as we please. They could've showed a bit more closely what Diz and Namine were up to in the hopes of not making it seem like obsessive compulsive revenge driven Diz just sat tight while a year went by and Riku wasted a half of it going on a honey moon with Xion who knows where doing god knows what.

I think this is apparently the problem a lot of people have with KH2, as well; all the interesting things happen to side characters backstage, and the 'main character' just kind of blunders around obliviously. They sacrificed giving Roxas a story to give Xion a story, and for some reason could not do both (I think this is because Xion's appeal stems from her being very important, and without that importance her role would fail). And yet they still focus on what Roxas is doing for the most part, and so we miss all the backstage things.

Which in effect leaves us with a story about Roxas worrying about and/or chasing Xion all over the place for a year, which I don't think is interesting at all.

The fact is, if they hadn't decided to go with the Xion-plot, they could have had so much more time and space to flesh out everything else. Then again, perhaps they would have screwed it up.

I think perhaps the problems stem from the fact that the woman who conceptualised and made most of the decisions regarding Xion and her story only had experience in hardcore yaoi game scenario writing before this game, where contrived and repetitive plots are the norm orz

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well I guess part of it is that they both come from Kairi memories, who is a PoH and therefore has no darkness in her heart. I think this might affect their natures.

Only they're both confirmed to have separate personalities from Kairi, and both, by origin, link back to Sora a lot more than to Kairi. Also, it's the Kairi Sora remembers, not "proper" Kairi, so I can't see that as playing a factor.
I'd sooner blame Roxas on Ven or whatever, at least until I play BBS, and keep blaming Xion and Namine on an unholy mix of Sora and a touch of Kairi.

But then again, too much of it seemed to me like they were bending the role Roxas' character played to fit whatever situation they wanted instead of making his own firmly established character drive the plot... which is also bad writing.

that I agree with. He reminded me a lot of KH2 Sora, in the sense that he was the so called protagonist who was, basically, plot-dead-weight. He wasn't even a proper plot device and only chased other people. Now it was a bit better since Roxas did get some sort of semblance of insight, but they created him as such a passive, self-abusive character that I can't help but go wtf is up with that.
That's where we split ways though and I say that's WHY they brought Xion in, whereas you blame it on her. But I still think that had they wanted Roxas to play more of an active role, they could've, regardless of Xion having her own story. They just... didn't.

Lol, to me that scene kind of felt like, 'okay, let's get the Akuroku fanservice scene we teased with in the trailers out of the way early, and move onto Xion~'
'How early?'
'Uh... first scene of the game okay?'

And later people are surprised people treat Xion as a yaoi shield.
"Oh look there's AkuRoku- AND NOW Roxas is worried about Xion AND NOW Axel is disgruntled by the whole thing~"
Hm. I wonder why. Kind of reminds me a bit of Sora about Kairi in KH1 but he at least grew out of it, didn't give Riku the cold shoulder treatment ALL the time, and I can always blame Kairi's Heart being inside him for most of the game, so lol.
Also, SRK were presented first and foremost as a trio, as dysfunctional and underdeveloped as some of us might find them to be. Presentation wise in the intro movie, something Days lacked. It was oooh, sparkly Org members~ and wait wtf who's "she"?
KH1 showed us all members of SRK (even if even then they were broken into pieces, never once all three together) in the opening sequence, and then the first scene after Sora's Destati, you get to see them all interacting.
The thing is Nomura failed in balancing it out for the new and the old players. He wanted to confuse and interest us but only made up a mess by forcing in something too bluntly. I would've much rathered had the AkuRoku scene ended before the mention of Xion, and we'd have gotten to see that later on when we reached that scene on the actual timeline, instead of then, especially with Roxas's inner monologue after that which was LOL from the end of the game after he took off. What the hell.
so yeah, tl;dr as much as I love Xion, I don't like how they introduced her in such a forceful manner.

Not that the game should have had fan service. I was looking for a story about growing friendship, really... I mean, how did they get to be so close, despite not having hearts? Days/the novels explain that Axel just randomly decided to be a nice guy and bring Roxas up to the clocktower on his first day of life, and turned into his mentor from there. There was no real gradual shift. Or character-driven conflict. Like in the short story in Another Report! All that angst about what friendship means to a Nobody and trust issues *A*

They did have that, but ironically, in the secret reports XD;

I think this is apparently the problem a lot of people have with KH2, as well

Which is why I made the comparison earlier. To me, Days is KH2, but it differs mostly in the level of dialogue. Instead of crud Disney humor and "Sora, Donald and Goofy", we get ice cream scenes. For all their possible/likely pointlessness, they were a lot more enjoyable than... that.

(I think this is because Xion's appeal stems from her being very important, and without that importance her role would fail).

I think they lost the balance. Take KH1 for instance. You had Sora going through his story and slowly learning how the universe worked, while at the same time you saw also gradual changes in Riku and how his interaction with Sora was pushing him more and more towards the Darkness, and all his talks with the Disney villains. You can't say either of them is unimportant, but you can't take away the interaction, either.
In Days, they lost it. They had Roxas there for the eventual plot "punchline" but forgot or couldn't come up with anything to give him to do while Xion was going through her own story. It's not like they weren't aware of this, either, it was fully intentional, if Roxas's self loathing at the end to the point he pulled his hood up to cover his tears is any indication. Which is another element that makes me believe part of why Xion's constructed the way she is is a result of Roxas's character and not necesarilly the other way around. But again, difference of opinions and a well known one.

And yet they still focus on what Roxas is doing for the most part, and so we miss all the backstage things.

It would've been alright to still focus on Roxas had he been doing anything but being the Org's pet Heart collector. But as he's been collecting Emblems while Axel was conspiring with Saix and Xion and Riku were sexing it up on the beach, well... pointless.

Which in effect leaves us with a story about Roxas worrying about and/or chasing Xion all over the place for a year, which I don't think is interesting at all.

I didn't even notice Roxas for most of the game. It was like "hello, children, here's Xion's wild story with a fantastic love triangle between her, Axel and Riku! Oh, and to give you a break from time to time, here's some Roxas gameplay!"
I didn't mind it so much seeing what I wanted to see in Days and not giving a damn about most of the Org. But not all people share my interests.

The fact is, if they hadn't decided to go with the Xion-plot, they could have had so much more time and space to flesh out everything else. Then again, perhaps they would have screwed it up.

That option isn't only in existence but also seems very likely to me. And again, I'm of the opinion that them screwing up on the Org to begin with made them bring Xion in. If from the get go Nomura came up with the concept that a girl made Roxas leave the Org and not the Org itself, and so many of us see Luxord and Demyx, a third of the active Org members in Days, as filler characters, the bad writing and fail began long before Xion was ever conjured as a concept.

I think perhaps the problems stem from the fact that the woman who conceptualised and made most of the decisions regarding Xion and her story only had experience in hardcore yaoi game scenario writing before this game, where contrived and repetitive plots are the norm orz

The problem is that Nomura approved of that, but didn't try to do too much beyond it.
I mean, that exact same thing is part of Days' charm, imo - the attention given to the characters and relationships, even if the plot didn't have much to do with it. It's something we didn't get to see in any other KH game and it's something that was lacking. Part of why I love writing KH fanfiction so much is that I venture into the unexplored realm of insight and interaction development underneath the epicness. No more SRK falling to Darkness and having to save each other to show us they're friends, but a friendship that grew out of wasting time with other people, talking about nonsense and laughing together at the risk of falling off the ledge. That later on made it reasonable for me when the sh*t hit the fan and they broke apart over each other, even if how they broke apart is something I disagree with. But that's where handing out the tasks broke, me thinks, and there wasn't proper guidance and separation between plot and waff moments.

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Only they're both confirmed to have separate personalities from Kairi, and both, by origin, link back to Sora a lot more than to Kairi. Also, it's the Kairi Sora remembers, not "proper" Kairi, so I can't see that as playing a factor.

The Kairi Sora remembers is still a Princess of Heart, and still had no darkness in his heart. If his memories were of a girl like that, then of course Xion would end up with the traits Sora remembered of Kairi and her PoHness.

And I'm not so sure Namine does originate from Sora as much as DiZ hypothesises, any more. Grass came up with a very good theory but it's full of BBS spoilers ^^;

But there's not much point discussing that.

I'd sooner blame Roxas on Ven or whatever, at least until I play BBS, and keep blaming Xion and Namine on an unholy mix of Sora and a touch of Kairi.

I don't think Ven is blameable personally. But you're going to form your own opinions when you play BBS, of course.

But I still think that had they wanted Roxas to play more of an active role, they could've, regardless of Xion having her own story. They just... didn't.

I really think they couldn't have, with Xion being there. I 100% believe that the reason they created her was to generate the appeal from the same fantasies that spawn Mary Sue stories. And, name one Mary Sue story where other characters get as much exposition as she does. It just defies the whole point of having her in there in the first place.

And later people are surprised people treat Xion as a yaoi shield.
"Oh look there's AkuRoku- AND NOW Roxas is worried about Xion AND NOW Axel is disgruntled by the whole thing~"
Hm. I wonder why. Kind of reminds me a bit of Sora about Kairi in KH1 but he at least grew out of it, didn't give Riku the cold shoulder treatment ALL the time, and I can always blame Kairi's Heart being inside him for most of the game, so lol.
Also, SRK were presented first and foremost as a trio, as dysfunctional and underdeveloped as some of us might find them to be. Presentation wise in the intro movie, something Days lacked. It was oooh, sparkly Org members~ and wait wtf who's "she"?
KH1 showed us all members of SRK (even if even then they were broken into pieces, never once all three together) in the opening sequence, and then the first scene after Sora's Destati, you get to see them all interacting.
The thing is Nomura failed in balancing it out for the new and the old players. He wanted to confuse and interest us but only made up a mess by forcing in something too bluntly. I would've much rathered had the AkuRoku scene ended before the mention of Xion, and we'd have gotten to see that later on when we reached that scene on the actual timeline, instead of then, especially with Roxas's inner monologue after that which was LOL from the end of the game after he took off. What the hell.
so yeah, tl;dr as much as I love Xion, I don't like how they introduced her in such a forceful manner.

I think that's where the fans and the haters take their first test. The device works on people who will become fans and they get interested, whereas the same device fails on people who will become haters and they have material to rant about XD;

That's all this stuff comes down to; whether the devices the writers used failed or succeeded on the individual. I'm more interested in character-driven conflict (rather than situational/ass-pull driven plotlines) so it failed on me. Just isn't what I like in a story at all, and on top of that was not what I was expecting of the game, and the two factors just dealt blow after blow as I kept going. But for people with whom the devices worked, I guess the same things would just build more and more love as they went.

They did have that, but ironically, in the secret reports XD;

For characters like Xaldin, Luxord and Demyx, those things were like little gifts, you are thankful for any gift, but that were in the long run not really enough. The character progression was a little clearer with Axel, but his actions and choices in the actual game didn't reflect it very well, imo.

Which is why I made the comparison earlier. To me, Days is KH2, but it differs mostly in the level of dialogue. Instead of crud Disney humor and "Sora, Donald and Goofy", we get ice cream scenes. For all their possible/likely pointlessness, they were a lot more enjoyable than... that.

Well, I guess the Disney/Sora nostalgia works on me. But RAX just makes me want to stab things 8D

In Days, they lost it. They had Roxas there for the eventual plot "punchline" but forgot or couldn't come up with anything to give him to do while Xion was going through her own story. It's not like they weren't aware of this, either, it was fully intentional, if Roxas's self loathing at the end to the point he pulled his hood up to cover his tears is any indication. Which is another element that makes me believe part of why Xion's constructed the way she is is a result of Roxas's character and not necesarilly the other way around. But again, difference of opinions and a well known one.

Yeah, big difference of opinion there XD Of course they did it intentionally; they shaped the story so that it would have the affect they wanted, and made choices along the way. One of the choices was to make Roxas pretty useless. They knew what they were doing, they just decided that focusing entirely on Xion instead was more worth it for effect they were going for. Which I take as part of her premise being based on a fangirl's desires (which she was, I can show you the quote :p), but as you said, we're never going to agree on that point...!

It would've been alright to still focus on Roxas had he been doing anything but being the Org's pet Heart collector. But as he's been collecting Emblems while Axel was conspiring with Saix and Xion and Riku were sexing it up on the beach, well... pointless.

Exactly. If anything, he should have had Xion's plot. Only less contrived running-away-with-no-consequences and fainting and more being a cold little bitch and causing some problems of his own.

If from the get go Nomura came up with the concept that a girl made Roxas leave the Org and not the Org itself, and so many of us see Luxord and Demyx, a third of the active Org members in Days, as filler characters, the bad writing and fail began long before Xion was ever conjured as a concept.

See, I don't think the 'concept' of Xion was anything more than "hm, Roxas the broody teen is much better fangirl-bait than Sora. And Axel is pretty damn popular too. I could make money by exploiting fangirl love for these two... maybe with a girl character that was close to them? Eh. BBS is more interesting anyway," personally, seeing as how it wasn't until the conferences discussing Days that the novel writer proposed the premise of Xion, her story as a replica, her name and her hair colour. But then again, that's interpretation.

I mean, that exact same thing is part of Days' charm, imo - the attention given to the characters and relationships, even if the plot didn't have much to do with it. It's something we didn't get to see in any other KH game and it's something that was lacking. Part of why I love writing KH fanfiction so much is that I venture into the unexplored realm of insight and interaction development underneath the epicness. No more SRK falling to Darkness and having to save each other to show us they're friends, but a friendship that grew out of wasting time with other people, talking about nonsense and laughing together at the risk of falling off the ledge. That later on made it reasonable for me when the sh*t hit the fan and they broke apart over each other, even if how they broke apart is something I disagree with. But that's where handing out the tasks broke, me thinks, and there wasn't proper guidance and separation between plot and waff moments.

I just don't think the character's themselves had very realistic interactions. I mean, I can understand SRK, being childhood friends. So there is some flaw in leaving things unsaid and to be assumed, but, with Days we get to see the whole thing from start to finish. And I don't think they really tried very hard to develop what drew the three together, and what kept them together, really. Especially translating the Days novels, Roxas just goes from not really thinking much of Xion to suddenly seeing her Kairi face and being obsessed with her. Xion herself just loves everyone, and whole Axel is more reserved, his attraction to Roxas was happening even before he went to CoM, when Roxas was little more than a zombie.

And then, what keeps them together? Roxas obsessing, Xion loving everyone, and Axel being the more reserved older figure who will still find ways to bend rules and protect the two kids, even though he himself doesn't really know why he does it.

It's just... predictable? And their breaking apart hardly makes sense, like it's being dragged out for too long and is far too contrived. And then they forget about Xion and the KH2 interactions seem like a completely separate two people, to me.

I dunno. I just think this whole game shouldn't have been made. It was slapped together to please Nintendo, really, and Xion's plot seems like both a lazy bandaid and an easy money-making device.

For the record, I can see why people love Xion. She's a very nice girl, and she brings out qualities in the other characters that I can see fangirls would love. Just... I reserve the right to pretend Days doesn't exist, and the retcon-allowing memory loss thing works nicely for me in that regard, despite it being a really cliche device 8D

Prajna

It's not the game itself, it's the format. If it was for PS2 I'd give it a try. I never really liked the DS. But I guess I would rather want the main parts of the Kingdom Hearts story to play rather than these side stories, I mean how many more are going to be released before KH3 comes out?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I really think they couldn't have, with Xion being there. I 100% believe that the reason they created her was to generate the appeal from the same fantasies that spawn Mary Sue stories. And, name one Mary Sue story where other characters get as much exposition as she does. It just defies the whole point of having her in there in the first place.

Frankly, I felt it was Axel's story as much as it was Xion's. The only one who I felt was really given the boot as far as RAX were concerned was Roxas.

I think that's where the fans and the haters take their first test. The device works on people who will become fans and they get interested, whereas the same device fails on people who will become haters and they have material to rant about XD;

And then there're the people who break your theory, being the ones who grew to be lovers despite disapproving of certain elements :p

I'm more interested in character-driven conflict (rather than situational/ass-pull driven plotlines) so it failed on me.

I think it's more interpretation than that. I mean, look at Roxas and Xion. They both had similar circumstances but reacted in different manners. That right there is what made it character driven to me.

was not what I was expecting of the game

Which is the #1 reason why I think I liked Days where a lot of other people who, like you, share some of my views about certain things - didn't. Because my check list for Days was rather modest.
[]Xion
[]Riku
[]Axel and how he became KH2-him from CoM-him
[]Namine guest starring
And I got V marks next to each and every single one of it. So when they gave me tidbits about Saix and Xigbar and Luxord was his flashy sexy British dealer persona, it was all added bonuses.

For characters like Xaldin, Luxord and Demyx, those things were like little gifts, you are thankful for any gift, but that were in the long run not really enough.

As much as I love Luxord, all those three to me are nothing but Filler characters (Xaldin might change after BBs but I'm not holding my breath). So I didn't find anything wrong in them not being shown.

Well, I guess the Disney/Sora nostalgia works on me. But RAX just makes me want to stab things 8D

Because Days didn't really give you that nostalgia, either. Because of the structure, the Disney worlds were lacking as well, and had a lot of unrelated missions - see again Emblem missions, or "find and destroy the huge Heartless!"
They ignored the Worlds they were sent to which is something no other game did before, be it KH1, KH2, or even CoM, when however they twisted the original events around, you still couldn't have it happen on any other world.
Days didn't have that. Days had Roxas beating up Heartless and it didn't matter where he did it on because the worlds lacked any true plot lines for the most part. I can see on one hand why as the character insight and "what Roxas should've learned" Nomura asked the world writers to include took over it, but that only means that was pulled off inadequately as well.

Which I take as part of her premise being based on a fangirl's desires

My self-inserting Mary Sue days were over like a month after I got into writing. So I can't relate xD;

If anything, he should have had Xion's plot.

I'm not sure I'd have liked for him to have had Xion's plot, but A plot at all :v

I just don't think the character's themselves had very realistic interactions.

They're Nobodies. It's the wildcard to end all wildcards.

For the record, I can see why people love Xion. She's a very nice girl, and she brings out qualities in the other characters that I can see fangirls would love.

For argument's sake lets drop the 'fangirl' aspect, ok? :p Not all of us love her because we can use her for self insertion or what not.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Frankly, I felt it was Axel's story as much as it was Xion's. The only one who I felt was really given the boot as far as RAX were concerned was Roxas.

Except everything Axel did in Days after he met Xion revolved around her in some way, too. Even his conflict with Saix stemmed from him refusing to inform on Xion.

And then there're the people who break your theory, being the ones who grew to be lovers despite disapproving of certain elements :p

I read your play through and I watched you fall in love more and more with every Xion giggle, so I think the theory still stands! The giggles (and other things you liked) grated on me, in comparison.

I think it's more interpretation than that. I mean, look at Roxas and Xion. They both had similar circumstances but reacted in different manners. That right there is what made it character driven to me.

Except that Xion was getting a flood of Sora memories that Roxas wasn't, which again is situational.

Which is the #1 reason why I think I liked Days where a lot of other people who, like you, share some of my views about certain things - didn't. Because my check list for Days was rather modest.
[]Xion
[]Riku
[]Axel and how he became KH2-him from CoM-him
[]Namine guest starring
And I got V marks next to each and every single one of it. So when they gave me tidbits about Saix and Xigbar and Luxord was his flashy sexy British dealer persona, it was all added bonuses.

Well, my checklist was a lot older, so it didn't have Xion on it.
[]Why Roxas and Axel are close
[]How Axel changed from how he was in CoM
[]More background info about every Org member
[]In-depth info on how the Org members interacted together and within the castle
[]What Riku and Namine and DiZ were doing for that time

And actually, none of them were ticked for me, despite Axel and his progression being explained satisfactorily to you.

As much as I love Luxord, all those three to me are nothing but Filler characters (Xaldin might change after BBs but I'm not holding my breath). So I didn't find anything wrong in them not being shown.

They were filler characters in KH2, but with imagination they could have been real characters in Days. This game is about their Organisation and set in their home, after all. If Xion could not even exist before Days and they can come up with enough BS to fill a whole game with about her, then they could have done the same for any character. I know you think it's the other way around, that they only filled a game with her BS because it was impossible to do the same for any other character, but I absolutely disagree. Imagination and effort is all it would have taken.

Because Days didn't really give you that nostalgia, either. Because of the structure, the Disney worlds were lacking as well, and had a lot of unrelated missions - see again Emblem missions, or "find and destroy the huge Heartless!"
They ignored the Worlds they were sent to which is something no other game did before, be it KH1, KH2, or even CoM, when however they twisted the original events around, you still couldn't have it happen on any other world.
Days didn't have that. Days had Roxas beating up Heartless and it didn't matter where he did it on because the worlds lacked any true plot lines for the most part. I can see on one hand why as the character insight and "what Roxas should've learned" Nomura asked the world writers to include took over it, but that only means that was pulled off inadequately as well.

Uggh fully agree on this, too. I would have

My self-inserting Mary Sue days were over like a month after I got into writing. So I can't relate xD;

Well, I don't like beans either but I can still relate to those who do. Just takes a bit of open mindedness.

I'm not sure I'd have liked for him to have had Xion's plot, but A plot at all :v

A self-discovery type arc, in any case. Perhaps with Disney characters and their friendships and emotions as basis, and him coming to compare himself and Axel (who I really didn't expect he had a wholesome fluffy relationship with *gags on waff*)

They're Nobodies. It's the wildcard to end all wildcards.

Doesn't excuse predictability and stupidity though. They might not have hearts, but they have brains.

For argument's sake lets drop the 'fangirl' aspect, ok? :p Not all of us love her because we can use her for self insertion or what not.

Hey, I am a fangirl myself. What I mean is, some Riku fangirls would get intense 'awwww!' feelings watching how he interacts with Xion, holding her and looking after her. It brings out that side of his character, and it's very adorable to see. I'm a Roxas fangirl, and I was almost in tears watching him cry as Xion died. She brought out the raw emotions in his character and I felt it too, and part of me liked it.

It's not about self-inserting, it's about what she brings out in them. Admittedly, Mary Sue writers do go too far and decide to put themselves in the stories so it's them bringing those qualities out in the characters, but in truth it's just a basic part of character interaction.

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
I don't like most of Days.
I don't like the repetetive missions and the storyline that sounds like a typical KH fanfic.
But what I do like are the Secret Reports. And the discovery that Saix and Axel were friends. I didn't see that one coming!

Awkward Squid

For the most part I didn't like the repetitive missions; but at the same time I didn't mind partnering up with other Org XIII members. I actually can see both love/hate sides of Xion; to be honest she DID get a bit annoying as the game began, but towards the end I started to like her a bit more. But I think the reason I didn't like it so much might've had to do with the high expectations I had for it (and may have had something to do with waiting almost a year and a half for it).
While I'm aware the game is supposed to revolve around Roxas's time in the organization and expand on his friendship with Axel; a little more development for the organization would've been nice. And the fact that the CoM group didn't get much time in the game (not including Axel) was a big disappointment. In all it was more of a fanservice game than anything else; there really wasn't anything keeping my interest other than the fact that Axel and Saïx had been friends, and how exactly the game was going to end.

And the fact that I had a chunk of it spoiled before I even had the chance to play might've had something to do with it...

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Except that Xion was getting a flood of Sora memories that Roxas wasn't, which again is situational.

You're making it sound like Roxas didn't and that's a bunch of bull. He did, but he didn't do anything about it, possibly because the Memories didn't connect in a similar manner. Xion did think the Memories were her own whereas Roxas saw them as the Boy in Red's.

And actually, none of them were ticked for me, despite Axel and his progression being explained satisfactorily to you.

Different strokes for different folks. Me not caring about the Org helped, it seemed.

They were filler characters in KH2, but with imagination they could have been real characters in Days. This game is about their Organisation and set in their home, after all. If Xion could not even exist before Days and they can come up with enough BS to fill a whole game with about her, then they could have done the same for any character.

Which is where our difference in views comes in, like you said. I look at KH2 and I see filler characters for the Org. So when I see that I don't think "oh goody, now they'll develop them", I'm thinking "boo, dead weight I'll have to put up with". And that was before Xion came into being so I can't blame her even if that line of writing continued for the Org. Not like it never happened before.
To me, the KH2 Org were dead weight filler characters since KH2. Part of why I can't blame Xion for it.

silentmusic16

cause it turned roxas from (when kh2 1st came out) a deul weilding badass nobody, that left a mysterious organazation to learn more about himself and his keyblade.
to a xion fanboy that left the org cause of a girl -_-
plus the story is to drug out to the point that i get bored, missions get a bit repetitive, i hate the lvl panels, the game was a fanservice, and the enemy hp is annoying not challenging.

thats the main ones i got.
that's basically how i feel as well. i hated what they did to roxas, i hate xion, and it was boring and repetitive.

the only good thing was mission mode

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
Now everyone knows if they didn't make a game like this you people would have bitched about another plot hole Nomura failed to fill....and when he makes the game...you bitch because you fill it was unnecessary...i feel that the reason roxas was so close to Xion is because he was connected to her....she was his other half after all...people dont know how to be satisfied....and thats pretty stupid....

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
The story is what bugged me. The gameplay got boring after a while but not enough to make me quit.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Um, wow, long posts @_@;

Days was okay, it's more like a fanfiction. If the storyline wasn't so Xion-centric, it would've been so much better.
Take Xion out, there's genuinely good material. And I really liked the gameplay.

Good's
- overall gameplay was pretty awesome
- re-playability
- mission mode
- ice cream scenes (though some could've been replaced with development of other members)
- development for xigbar and saïx. wasn't much, but it was SOMETHING :p
- how Xion's true identity was thought out.

Bad's
- xion-centric plot
- xion's character
- riku's character. idk i have mixed feelings.
- how poorly roxas's character was treated
- how some members didn't get the development they needed
- camera
- axel being whored even more
- not enough naminé D:

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Well, one of the main reasons I hated it was Xion. It would've been okay if she was actually a well written character rather than Bella 2.0 for KH. I personally feel as though she ruined Roxas (Seriously. He was this badass kid who ran away from the Organization who fought Riku and won was reduced to being a wimp who was into selfcest) and what used to be my favorite scene in Kingdom Hearts.
I was so excited to learn more about the Organization but I think the only characters that I gained a tiny bit of insight on was Saix and Xigbar. It went from being "OMG ORGANIZATION THIS IS SO AWESOME 1!1!" to "Oh. Xion, Xion and More Xion today."
The whole plot in general was equal to a bad fanfic in my opinion.

The missions got really repetitive, really fast for me too. It started out being fun but it just started to feel like a chore to do after twenty of them. The -replay missions as different characters- thing didn't really help it be more replayable imo. Nor did the -try and get all the mission crowns and sigils!- thing.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Now everyone knows if they didn't make a game like this you people would have bitched about another plot hole Nomura failed to fill....and when he makes the game...you bitch because you fill it was unnecessary...i feel that the reason roxas was so close to Xion is because he was connected to her....she was his other half after all...people dont know how to be satisfied....and thats pretty stupid....

There wasn't any plot hole to fill: especially one where an interview with few sentences couldn't answer. So, no, I wouldn't have bitched. It would make the series less convoluted than it already is. That, and if a game failed in many aspects, there's a reason for people to bitch. It truly was unnecessary to the whole of KH.

And people don't know how to handle that opinion, and that's pretty stupid.

*~BlackCat~*

I have my mixed feelings on Days.

~Loved the gameplay but gets repetitive.
~Like Xion but hated the way she was suddenly introduced.
~Like the RAX trio but hate how they were forced.
~Love Roxas but hated that he didn't get much more development.

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
There wasn't any plot hole to fill: especially one where an interview with few sentences couldn't answer. So, no, I wouldn't have bitched. It would make the series less convoluted than it already is. That, and if a game failed in many aspects, there's a reason for people to bitch. It truly was unnecessary to the whole of KH.

And people don't know how to handle that opinion, and that's pretty stupid.

It was a ds game....Surely you didnt expect much from it....All kh games are repetitive. Show me one that is not.....But anyways the game was excellent on the ds even if it was considered unnecessary in the KH universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back