• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why do People pick on nobs?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

~*Luna*~

Nobs...Nobs?! WTF? AHAHAHH, no. I have never been a ''nob''. XDD

And by the way, you're thinking of the word n00b. Newb and N00bs are totally different. Newb = New person, n00b = an Idiot. So people are obviously going to pick on them.

..My mistake if you're talking about something else. o_o; I'm just assuming you mean n00b.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
~*Luna*~ said:
Nobs...Nobs?! WTF? AHAHAHH, no. I have never been a ''nob''. XDD

And by the way, you're thinking of the word n00b. Newb and N00bs are totally different. Newb = New person, n00b = an Idiot. So people are obviously going to pick on them.

..My mistake if you're talking about something else. o_o; I'm just assuming you mean n00b.

People often confuse the two since newbs often turn out to be n00bs- most, however, grow out of it.
You're only a newb for a certain period of time, but you can be a n00b for life. As for "nob", it's probably a bastardization of "nub", which is in turn a bastardization of the word "n00b", which is a deregatory form of "newb", which was originally derived from "newbie".

Awards
What everyone above me has said pretty much covers it, yet I do not think people 'pick on' n00bs. They just get pissed of by n00bs, and in turn, flame the hell out of them. n00bs are insolent, angry, stupid, ignorant, egocentric morons. As said before, there is a major difference in 'newb' and n00b'.

PK

H

Hellpark

Why because people like them..and you aswell...have no clue whatsoever what they are talking about? You for one cant speel the word n00b and trying to be intelligent. But dude you are not fooling anybody. Now to the noob talk. Why do I hate them? Hm...yes i was a noob (and newb and noob is the same thing buddy. spelled diffrently. stupid newbs is the same as stupid noobs.) but yet i have read the rules and followed them. Most of the people here are dumbstruck when someone says forum. They go around screaming what teh hell is a forum because they have never been on one. I can ever give an example. An arrogant noob who makes people up. An imbocile (sp?) and an 11 year old dumbass. Solariia (sp?) is a noob. And a retarded one I might add. Flame me all you want Solariia because i can diss your little heart out. So I for one think most of them are retarded. If they read the rules then they are one in a million smart ones. And i salute those who are the smart ones..

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Everyone was new at once. Now, whether or not you were a n00b or newb is a difference.

Most people see newb as just a new person wanting to know what's going on and join and have fun. Typical curiosity.

Now, n00bs, on the other hand, join, and join just to post stupidly, don't read the rules, don't follow examples, talk leik tis!!111one or something like that, and just think they rule the world. Period.

As to why people pick on them. Usually a n00b enters a topic. Then they either 1) flame it 2) spam it 3) or just act stupid and ignorant. So when a n00b does this, our first reaction is to correct them. If they don't stop it and in fact flame you, then they're usually considered a n00b. That usually seperates newbs from n00bs.

People also don't want little spammy n00bs running around. So our job: get rid of them. Not the person, oh no, just the n00bish side. Though most people just resort to flaming them. <_<

I usually ignore them. Lately it seems that newbs/n00bs call other newbs/n00bs n00bs. Why? Because they asked an already answered question. Bah, it confuses me, that one.

H

Hellpark

Hmm one thing i dont understand is who started this whole n00b business. I mean newb was in for a long time but why does n00b have to mean anything diffrent. Both are teh same thing and have teh same meaning and pronounced teh same. What i dont understand is why you are labeling people. You can label them a newb/n00b. Yet it has no diffrence in my eyes. It is all the same

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Labels are harsh, true. Dunno why, usually when I call someone a n00b it's an insult that I won't use on them again. <_< Though people will pick it up instead and use it.

As to why there are two different ones, well, dunno that either. I guess tradition. Dunno really. But majority of people have come to like using the two different terms..

Surash

I only pick on this one noob on this other web site because she is an attention (starts with a w and is a bad word) That is the only reason!

Seriously when I joined ACF I was picked on so much I felt like leaving the first day, but then I made a few fiends so I stayed.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
well the reson i pick on them is they say retarded things like "my uncle knows when kh2 is coming out" or my fave "i pwn you all because ir teh 1337 |-|4xx0|2" they say things like that alot and it gets annoy they also say thing that have been stated already and like argue over thing that have been confirmed

Marluxia Diablos

Hellpark said:
Why because people like them..and you aswell...have no clue whatsoever what they are talking about? You for one cant speel the word n00b and trying to be intelligent. But dude you are not fooling anybody. Now to the noob talk. Why do I hate them? Hm...yes i was a noob (and newb and noob is the same thing buddy. spelled diffrently. stupid newbs is the same as stupid noobs.) but yet i have read the rules and followed them. Most of the people here are dumbstruck when someone says forum. They go around screaming what teh hell is a forum because they have never been on one. I can ever give an example. An arrogant noob who makes people up. An imbocile (sp?) and an 11 year old dumbass. Solariia (sp?) is a noob. And a retarded one I might add. Flame me all you want Solariia because i can diss your little heart out. So I for one think most of them are retarded. If they read the rules then they are one in a million smart ones. And i salute those who are the smart ones..

You, and everyone else, are breeding hate here... precede with caution.
We don't need to start flame wars. Especially not in intel discussion.

The only reason I would dislike a newb or n00b is because of spelling. I HATE all the spelling errors they make!

Explosive Fun Girl

In a Wonderland, chasing white rabbits and bowing
Ah, why do ppl pick on n00bs? Well, most people call them n00bs to act superior!(I'm a "n00b to many ppl, although they are the real a**s). A person's pain is another person's happiness. Mostly everyone lives off another's misfortune. People call others "n00bs" to direct their hatred and boredom at them. I find it a very idiotic word. It's almost like an excuse. It distracts people from what they truly are and gives the caller a sense of pride. It's a very ugly insult and the caller is sometimes no better than the "n00b". Sure there are people who act REALLY stupid in forums, post the most stupid of things, but if they annoy you and they do not do the things I've just said, that doesn't mean they are n00bs. The caller probably doesn't get along with that type of person, and shouldn't bring it upon themselves to direct so much hatred and meaningless insults. They could always ignore the person if they do not wish to hear from them. Yet, some people are quite rude. That is when they could be called a "n00b" (I don't make much sense. That is a talent, to me... one in which I do not possess)

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Marluxia Diablos said:
You, and everyone else, are breeding hate here... precede with caution.
We don't need to start flame wars. Especially not in intel discussion.

The only reason I would dislike a newb or n00b is because of spelling. I HATE all the spelling errors they make!

And your mistakes are some sort of pointy ironic criticism? Proceed, not "precede".

Funky Bear

Sexy Chocolate
This is like the same kinda question about how many licks it takes to make it to the center of a tootsie pop. And the anwser is It's fun!AHAHAH j/k pPL pick on noobs because they;re arrogant and dat makes me mad.

Mr.SpaceShipDriver

CARDBOARD CUP HOLDERS
well there are 2 kinds of newbs nOObs saying that youre arorgant andu break the rules! Newb as in someone new to the forums and has no clue were to go!

we pick on newbs because they think there as good as someone on the forums as say.......me. and they would just make a fuss about stuff like if a mod closed a topic they would post a topic on the kingdomhearts2 thread and flame mods......so we make fun of NOOBS to either A. stop them from the constant flamming and spamming
or b. were just bored lol

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I use to be a noob once but change for one got banned too decided not to do it again and if you want to know who I was before CMK PM me

Funky Bear

Sexy Chocolate
OOOH! I know you were Soraz heart Kairi! AM I right! But when I waz a Noob I only messed up somewhere in the RP section because I didn't understand what Goddmoding and Power playing meant much less what the word spam mean't. But thank to the dictionary and a visit to a few crappy sites I knew what they mean't! :)

Endgame

:D
Yeah, you shouldent pick on noobs. I remember when I was a noob and...hey, wait....I'm still a noob!

Shinjuku

Entrapment
naw Fuzzy2K9 but you were close I was Sorakicksbutt then Sil banned me but I came back I decided to take a different route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back