• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

why Do People Care?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroX45

Why do people care what Religion you shouldn't people just live their owns lifes and not worry about others all the time.

Example

I'm the only Atheist at my school yet people still telling me I'm going to Hell or taunt me about it why should they even care at all.

I would like to hear others option.

Deus Ex

Why do people care what Religion you shouldn't people just live their owns lifes and not worry about others all the time.

I would find such a world to be intolerable. History is full of people " living their own lives" and not worrying about others "all of the time"; this is moral apathy.

Example

I'm the only Atheist at my school yet people still telling me I'm going to Hell or taunt me about it why should they even care at all.

If they continually tell you that you are going to Hell, they are doing no good. If they taunt you, then they probably aren't concerned with you at all. They should care, if they are christians ( and I presume they are) but their actions are definitely not Christ- like.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days

well we all luv to persuade people to view things we see. Sometimes, when other people disagreee, they take it to another level and decide to say things that are totally bizarre. Religon will always be a controversial subject which is why we try to avoid bringing it up in school. Hope that helps. Don't believe those kids who say your going to hell for saying and not believing in such and such. It's unfair but no ones perfect.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
^I'm getting really tired of you posting that fact. "I'm friends with some athiests, but my BEST friend is CHRISTIAN."

Are those facts interlaced? What are you trying to say?

Anyway, religion is one of the really important things to a lot of people, so they don't understand how it can NOT be a big deal.

A lot of Christians I know try to convert the people they care about... It's because they're like, "I love this person! I don't want them to go to hell!"

Or, that's what it is sometimes.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
^I'm getting really tired of you posting that fact. "I'm friends with some athiests, but my BEST friend is CHRISTIAN."

Are those facts interlaced? What are you trying to say?

Anyway, religion is one of the really important things to a lot of people, so they don't understand how it can NOT be a big deal.

A lot of Christians I know try to convert the people they care about... It's because they're like, "I love this person! I don't want them to go to hell!"

Or, that's what it is sometimes.
hahaha, I'm saying, It doesn't really matter...It really doesn't...I find it would be better if Religion didn't catagorize people, I'd have to agree with the statement, "why should we care"

The Watchman

A lot of people, generally speaking, care because they care about the direction their friends are going in. If you knew that your friend was about to walk off a cliff, wouldn't you try to find a way to stop them. This is just like religion, everyone tries to change them because, they think, they are going in the wrong direction.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards

Example

I would like to hear others option.
As an Atheist myself my friends constantly tried to convert me and take me to church, I would never really be condemned by others there but I know of a few outside of his church that just think I'm a godless heathen. I've also had Muslims try to convert me to Islam with the whole harem of virgins in heaven thing.

In the sense of Christianity many Christians try to spread the word of God by any means since that is what they are supposed to do, some feel that if they tell a person that they are going to a bad place then that person might switch their views since they do want the best for that person. That logic does works sometimes and is the intent of some but a lot of other Christians (usually younger ones that talk a lot of shit) just try to demean others for kicks or think it's ok to do that because that person doesn't matter since they are not Christians like them. It's the same for other ones too..

People will always care whether your religious or not, religious people will try to convert you and non-religious ones will too. It's like everything else in the world really, why would someone yell watch out if a car was coming for them? Simply because they don't want to see that person get hurt in the end, same thing in a sense really.

MosesMohs

because people think their religion will one day rule the earth.

&

people are ignorant.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
People are just naturally curious about others, I guess it's no different than wanting to know about someone's job or taste in music, but in this case it seems they haven't been told by their parents that you should tolerate others' beliefs. I get it all the time, although it's pretty light-hearted, I just laugh it off, that's what I get for going to a Catholic school and it's the same in your case too.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
B/c they're retarded, people SHOULDN'T care. Heck I culd be bff w/ a Christian freak, and I'm not a big fan of church. Or I could be all into church and my bff could be wiccan or atheist.

People need to stop caring about other ppl's business, it's none of their anyways.

Either way, if a christian was bff with another Christian's and they don't support other religions, what could the benefit from it?

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
you see a man drowning in the sea, and you have one of those life ring thingies. should you care? i mean, it was his own personal choice to be out in the sea, you should let him live his life, and not worry about it.

now, replace "sea" with "sea of fire" and you get a good idea of why.

Rix

:)
Awards
I'm atheist, and it's pretty normal to be an atheist in my country, but it's a christian country so there are many christians here too, but we respect eachothers beliefs..

My boyfriend is a muslim, and many freaks out whrn they hear that I'm with a muslim, but our relationship works really well, and we respect eachother.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
funeralprotest.jpg

6566308_70169157ef.jpg

Deus Ex said:
Pretty much sums up your stance HeroX45.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
you see a man drowning in the sea, and you have one of those life ring thingies. should you care? i mean, it was his own personal choice to be out in the sea, you should let him live his life, and not worry about it.

now, replace "sea" with "sea of fire" and you get a good idea of why.

Now imagine your friend was telling you every day that the boogie man will get you if you sleep with your lights off, and everyday he breaks into your house in the middle of the night to turn on your lights. Do you:

a. Start believing in the boogie man
b. Slap him
c. Lock your doors and change your locks.

That's kinda how we see it, and you can probably tell that this continuously can piss someone off.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
If you are talking about the case of FRIENDS AND FRIENDSHIP and FAMILY, then why SHOULDN'T people care or give a damn? If your atheist and you have religious friends or family members, then why WOULDN'T they care about you being atheist? THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS! They CARE for you and your well-being. If your friends didn't care, they wouldn't be your friends now would they?

They also care that you don't believe in God. But some can respect that, but others may not want to go to Heaven without you. And they don't want to see you end up in Hell or Purgatory.

The reason friends and family GIVE A DAMN about your religion or "non-religion: They actually GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT YOU!

PixieSticks90

Website
www.myspace.com
Wow no offence but you guys seem to have the whole religious thing down, you can be christen or aethist...Here however theres a little more, here you can be protestant, catholic or aethist.

Thats not all unfortunately, people are saying they get slagged for being an aethist, we get beat up, killed, burned out of our own houses for being protestant/catholic, the city i live in is seperated by a river one religion on one side and one on the other, however there are single estates that occupy the other religions terriority.

In my opinion i don't give a rats ass about religion but then again i sorta do if i dont wanna get into trouble :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back