• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why didn't Xigbar mention Roxas' similarity to Ventus?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
@Sephiroth0812:
0_o Wow I never noticed all that, well more like didn't put it all together like that, and you pointing out Xigbar mocking Siax so shrewdly kinda makes me laugh at how truly blind Siax was.

That was always my strategy as well, and although we have learned much about how Roxas' special case works throughout the series, he still doesn't make a good example for normal workings while Xemnas is still an even bigger enigma.
Yep, me too, especially since Axel does not seem to have any recollection of Ven at all during all of CoM, Days and KH 2, unlike Xigbar, who lets shine through that he does.
Indeed, and that's what I have a slight hope might be addressed a bit further in KH III, as we still do not know much about Xemnas' actual composition of memories, parts and powers in relation to MX, Eraqus and Terra.
Agreed, if anything Xemnas' actual composition needs to be one of the first things addressed. There's so many things that Xemnas takes in his actions that can be seen either was as terra shining through or MX, especially with his moments like when Roxas fell into the coma and Xemnas coments that "sleep has taken you yet again".
I wonder on how much Eraqus plays a part the most though since, as stated, most of what xemnas does can be seen as Terra or MX shining through but you never see a moment where Eraqus could.

True dat, besides Xemnas, Naminé is practically the biggest mystery still out there in terms of the actual being.

True as well, and since Xigbar often commented freely on how Xion appeared to him, her appearing as Naminé would surely have been mentioned as well. So it stands to reason that she didn't appear as Naminé to Xigbar.

All true the third time, lol.
Namine is the first thing I hope kh3 addresses, especially after that scene in days with Axel reading a book written by Vexen about her true nature. (or whatever it was titled)

Exactly, Xigbar is to big a troll to not mentioned it at least under his breath hoping to see who would pick up on his words. lol

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Sephiroth0812:
0_o Wow I never noticed all that, well more like didn't put it all together like that, and you pointing out Xigbar mocking Siax so shrewdly kinda makes me laugh at how truly blind Siax was.

Agreed, if anything Xemnas' actual composition needs to be one of the first things addressed. There's so many things that Xemnas takes in his actions that can be seen either was as terra shining through or MX, especially with his moments like when Roxas fell into the coma and Xemnas coments that "sleep has taken you yet again".
I wonder on how much Eraqus plays a part the most though since, as stated, most of what xemnas does can be seen as Terra or MX shining through but you never see a moment where Eraqus could.

Namine is the first thing I hope kh3 addresses, especially after that scene in days with Axel reading a book written by Vexen about her true nature. (or whatever it was titled)

Exactly, Xigbar is to big a troll to not mentioned it at least under his breath hoping to see who would pick up on his words. lol

Completely honest?
I didn't put it together like that until I finished playing the story of Dream Drop Distance as well and re-read that part of Days recently. Only then I realized how well these tidbits go together.
This however seems to also give another point to the faction that thinks Saix isn't in on the whole issue completely on his own whim, as while one can argue that Xigbar would mock him regardless (because that's part of his personality as a troll) and that in his own secret reports Saix often talks about "our plans", meaning Xemnas and Xigbar, he obviously does not know the main agenda behind it.
He's in on more secrets of the Organisation than any other member save Xigbar, but still not on the same level as Xemnas and Xigbar are.

Yep, that one can be taken either way, as many of those "weird" statements and actions of Xemnas. Although there are several issues that can be taken to be from either MX or Terra, there are many issues that can be clearly designated solely to Xehanort, while there is none so far that can be solely contributed to be of Terra.
Eraqus' influence is, if at all, very subtle like i.e. Xemnas' tendency to speak very strict and with a tone of authority, his knowledge of the layout of the Camber of Waking (as the Chamber of Repose in Radiant Garden holding Aqua's armor is very similar to the chamber in Castle Oblivion and it was Eraqus who knew about the mechanism and teached Aqua about it) or the Nobody-symbol, which is practically Eraqus' symbol upside down.

That would depend on when Naminé actually is saved during KH 3 and what role she plays, since she isn't exactly a fighter I doubt she'll participate in the final series of battles as an active combatant. Either way, since you mention Vexen's book, this may be an opportunity to give a bit more of a role for Even, Vexen's human form, during the game. Heck, he was the head of the Replica Program and an insider on much of Xehanort's/Xemnas' research, so if he isn't a Seeker of Darkness but more on the neutral side, he could be a viable source of information for the good guys.
Even if it goes all over Sora's head again, Riku and Mickey would surely be able to understand much of the stuff Even could explain to them.

Indeed, and it's on one side funny on the other jarring to see that actually no one does pick up on his words, mainly because he is really so effective in trolling that no one knows when he's divulging actual important stuff and when not.
Maybe Xehanort and/or Xemnas even get a laugh out of this, seeing Braig/Xigbar actually delivering hints on a (hidden) silver tablet and no one of those (in his views) lesser beings catches on.

Lord Sora

Awards
What I have been wondering though, is why nobody ever saw Xion as Roxas? At least not that they mentioned. Wasn't Xion a replica of Roxas/Sora to duplicate his powers? Or something along the line.

Roxas has a connection to Sora - a powerful one - so wouldn't that make the people in the Orginzation who never saw or met Sora yet met Roxas see him in Xion?

That would depend on when Naminé actually is saved during KH 3 and what role she plays, since she isn't exactly a fighter I doubt she'll participate in the final series of battles as an active combatant.

Perhaps she gains a keyblade, Kairi's keyblade to be more precise. but then again, if she becomes an induvidual it'll take that away.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
What I have been wondering though, is why nobody ever saw Xion as Roxas? At least not that they mentioned. Wasn't Xion a replica of Roxas/Sora to duplicate his powers? Or something along the line.

Roxas has a connection to Sora - a powerful one - so wouldn't that make the people in the Orginzation who never saw or met Sora yet met Roxas see him in Xion?

That is a good question, and very possible. but even Axel, who saw her as Namine at first, does eventually see Xion as her own self, through Roxas. So, it's arguable that a similar, but more direct, process happens with the other members, bar Xigbar, Xemnas, and Saix.

Perhaps she gains a keyblade, Kairi's keyblade to be more precise. but then again, if she becomes an induvidual it'll take that away.
Not likely. Kairi has enough spunk to qualify as having a "fighting spirit" about her. Namine has none. I just don't see her fighting or participating in anyway that doesn't involve running around the battle field dropping health and mp orbs. Out of all three, she's the real DiD

Gram

Banned
Awards
Completely honest?
I didn't put it together like that until I finished playing the story of Dream Drop Distance as well and re-read that part of Days recently. Only then I realized how well these tidbits go together.
This however seems to also give another point to the faction that thinks Saix isn't in on the whole issue completely on his own whim, as while one can argue that Xigbar would mock him regardless (because that's part of his personality as a troll) and that in his own secret reports Saix often talks about "our plans", meaning Xemnas and Xigbar, he obviously does not know the main agenda behind it.
He's in on more secrets of the Organisation than any other member save Xigbar, but still not on the same level as Xemnas and Xigbar are.
Agreed, I never thought Siax was in on any plans at the Xemna and Xigbar level, though he's obviously aware of the orgs (as in the org in general) more secret plans.
I wonder when or if Siax ever found out or if he just got pulled to TWNTW in DDD and filled in there.

Yep, that one can be taken either way, as many of those "weird" statements and actions of Xemnas. Although there are several issues that can be taken to be from either MX or Terra, there are many issues that can be clearly designated solely to Xehanort, while there is none so far that can be solely contributed to be of Terra.
Eraqus' influence is, if at all, very subtle like i.e. Xemnas' tendency to speak very strict and with a tone of authority, his knowledge of the layout of the Camber of Waking (as the Chamber of Repose in Radiant Garden holding Aqua's armor is very similar to the chamber in Castle Oblivion and it was Eraqus who knew about the mechanism and teached Aqua about it) or the Nobody-symbol, which is practically Eraqus' symbol upside down.
That is true, not one can be seen as solely Terra influence.
I'm actually facepalming myself right now for not putting together the Eraqus-CO connection, though I knew MX wouldn't have known nothing of it I never made the step to think Xemnas got this info from Eraqus memories.

That would depend on when Naminé actually is saved during KH 3 and what role she plays, since she isn't exactly a fighter I doubt she'll participate in the final series of battles as an active combatant. Either way, since you mention Vexen's book, this may be an opportunity to give a bit more of a role for Even, Vexen's human form, during the game. Heck, he was the head of the Replica Program and an insider on much of Xehanort's/Xemnas' research, so if he isn't a Seeker of Darkness but more on the neutral side, he could be a viable source of information for the good guys.
Even if it goes all over Sora's head again, Riku and Mickey would surely be able to understand much of the stuff Even could explain to them.
I honestly don't see Namine playing that big a role given her lack of being a fighter, plus I'm wondering if she'll even have any of her memory powers when she's brought back. Though whether she still had them or not she most likely wouldn't use them since her powers only effect sora and those connected to him.
I always seen Even as having a important role in kh3 due to him being the researcher of the org though whether he becomes a neutral informant to the heroes out of spite for all the lies Xemans told or if he ends up a nort, I'm still uncertain but I'm leaning towards spiteful neutrality.

Indeed, and it's on one side funny on the other jarring to see that actually no one does pick up on his words, mainly because he is really so effective in trolling that no one knows when he's divulging actual important stuff and when not.
Maybe Xehanort and/or Xemnas even get a laugh out of this, seeing Braig/Xigbar actually delivering hints on a (hidden) silver tablet and no one of those (in his views) lesser beings catches on.
lol I know, he's trolled so much that no one takes his words seriously when a lot of what he says is very informative. Which in the end only makes his trolling even better.
I could see both getting a kick out of Xigbar's trolling given their personalities.

Not likely, though she'd do what she could if her friends needed help I dont ever see her being a fighter largely cause I dont think she'd want that.

It is possible after all we only know what a handful of the org members saw in her.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Possible ending involving Namine exploiting some loophole in her powers to use Soras connection to Xehanort to make Xehanort forget everything that happened so he lives a happy, non-seeking life?

After all, Heart connections arent limited to friends.

lol I know, he's trolled so much that no one takes his words seriously when a lot of what he says is very informative. Which in the end only makes his trolling even better.
I could see both getting a kick out of Xigbar's trolling given their personalities.
I can just imagine Xemnas' reaction.

Xigbar: So, I keep trolling people and I've done it so much, I can all but reveal our plans and nobody picks it up.

Xemnas: Yes.............................itis......................................very................................................................................amusing.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Possible ending involving Namine exploiting some loophole in her powers to use Soras connection to Xehanort to make Xehanort forget everything that happened so he lives a happy, non-seeking life?

After all, Heart connections arent limited to friends.
True connections aren't limited to friends but the powers namine has are limited to his connection of friends. If her memory warping worked on everyone then even Xemnas would've forgotten him after CoM.

I can just imagine Xemnas' reaction.

Xigbar: So, I keep trolling people and I've done it so much, I can all but reveal our plans and nobody picks it up.

Xemnas: Yes.............................itis......................................very................................................................................amuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-sing.
Fixed. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back