• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why didn't they record new lines for the secret Xemnas battle?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
They had his voice actor in to record a fair bit for the days cinematic, there were definitely new scenes, so.. why did they leave his ONE scene in KHFM unvoiced?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Because they left ALL scenes in KH 1 FM unvoiced. There were several new scenes like Riku awakening in Hollow Bastion or the segment in the Dark Realm after Ansem expelled his heart.

These scenes were all unvoiced in the original KH 1 FM as well so they left it at that.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Because they left ALL scenes in KH 1 FM unvoiced. There were several new scenes like Riku awakening in Hollow Bastion or the segment in the Dark Realm after Ansem expelled his heart.

These scenes were all unvoiced in the original KH 1 FM as well so they left it at that.

would you be able to link me the riku awakening and the segment in the dark realm?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Just take a look at the video archive here:
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX - KH13.com, for KINGDOM HEARTS

The scenes are named "Riku awakens in Hollow Bastion" and "The World of Darkness".

Try out both the Japanese and English versions and you'll see that they're completely unvoiced.

Voice actors were strictly hired for NEW scenes. Even within the Days-movie when old cutscenes were used (not that the DS-Days had so many anyways), they used the old voices.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Weird that they did that, thanks anyway, the scenes were cool to watch if not a little irritating without voices. Are there any other additional scenes? I've never played KHFM.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
There are two short scenes depicting a fight between Sephiroth and Cloud and of course the longer secret ending "Deep Dive", but those are all I'm aware of besides the cutscenes before and after the Unknown-fight.

KH 1 FM was rather sparse with new scenes in comparison with KH 2 FM and they also do not have much story importance.

Zebedy

Awards
Even within the Days-movie when old cutscenes were used (not that the DS-Days had so many anyways), they used the old voices.
Well, not entirely. DiZ's scenes were re-done. In Days he was voiced by Christopher Lee, in 1.5 he's voiced by Corey Burton.

But yeah they didn't record any of the new scenes for KH1FM. Interestingly though, they are recording new voices for the KH2FM scenes.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Interestingly though, they are recording new voices for the KH2FM scenes.

These were voiced in the original KH 2 FM as well (at least in Theater Mode), unlike those in KH 1 FM who were unvoiced in the original.
So it's logical that these will be voiced. ;D

Quizler

Awards
They probably didn't record them because they just didn't have that much resources when making the HD version. I think they wanted to make Days playable too but ended up just remaking the cutscenes. I remember reading that they also had to rebuild the entirety of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix because they lost all the original game data or something.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
They probably didn't record them because they just didn't have that much resources when making the HD version.

The only thing they'd need are new lines recorded, and they already called in all the voice actors for Days HD anyways so it could have been done. It's really just something they chose to retain; sometimes it worked for the better, and sometimes it didn't.

I think they wanted to make Days playable too but ended up just remaking the cutscenes.

That's right. Because of all the time, effort and resources that would have gone into the task, they came to the conclusion that if they were to spend all of that on remaking Days, they might as well do so for a new game completely (KH3). And a new game would be much more preferable to the players.

I remember reading that they also had to rebuild the entirety of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix because they lost all the original game data or something.

They didn't have to rebuilt the entirety of it, though you will see people saying it a lot to exaggerate what really happened. They didn't have most of if not all the original files from their database because there wasn't a need to keep them for so long, so they procured a retail copy of the game and scavenged what they could from that.

They didn't have to remake the entire thing, but it was still a very hefty task.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They probably didn't record them because they just didn't have that much resources when making the HD version.

They had the resources, they just didn't have the voices recorded in Japanese so why have it recorded in English.

I think they wanted to make Days playable too but ended up just remaking the cutscenes.

They did but they didn't have the time to do it, so they opted to an HD Theater.

I remember reading that they also had to rebuild the entirety of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix because they lost all the original game data or something.

Yes, they did. Square Enix has lost a lot of the data for a lot of their earlier games.

They ripped the data from a retail disk copy as their basis, and then rebuilt most of what needed to be done.

Edit: Ninja'd

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
For people experiencing this story for the first time, leaving Xemnas voiceless in KH1 is SPOOKY AND MYSTERIOUS. I just don't like that Days is packaged in. They should've done the remasters in order of release.

Gram

Banned
Awards
For people experiencing this story for the first time, leaving Xemnas voiceless in KH1 is SPOOKY AND MYSTERIOUS.
Agreed. Though at the same time it's kinda pointless to leave it mysterious since, by this point, we already know who he is.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Agreed. Though at the same time it's kinda pointless to leave it mysterious since, by this point, we already know who he is.

You have a point there. At this point we know who it is and it would have been nice to hear him speak to Sora, but...

I think leaving his voice unrecorded really added to the overall mysterious vibe and just made it better imo.

I agree with this. I think him being unvoiced in that scene was the better choice and made Xemnas seem really mysterious and even creepy.

Master Ultima

Awards
The reason they didn't record new lines because they probably wanted to keep it the same as the original final mix. They could've added lines in the Japanese version and English of HD1.5 Remix but decided to keep close to the original I think.

nxtgarnett5

I feel like they could have recorded the scene, but I personally enjoy it more that he doesn't speak, it just seems creepy, no words, nothing, just battle.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
If Sora had heard him speak, wouldn't he have recognized Xemnas in KH2?

Not necessarily. Xemnas only says a few words in that scene and Sora doesn't hear him again for over a year so he might not have remembered him just based on his voice. Then again Xemnas has a pretty distinct voice so hearing it again could have sparked a memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back