• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why didn't they record new lines for the secret Xemnas battle?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyNameisAnsem

Not necessarily. Xemnas only says a few words in that scene and Sora doesn't hear him again for over a year so he might not have remembered him just based on his voice. Then again Xemnas has a pretty distinct voice so hearing it again could have sparked a memory.

If he only said a few words to Sora, then I can see if he would forget. The Ethereal Blades though, wouldn't Sora have recognized him based on those?

nxtgarnett5

If he only said a few words to Sora, then I can see if he would forget. The Ethereal Blades though, wouldn't Sora have recognized him based on those?
Yeah I could see sora forgetting someone he fought over a year ago. But about the blades he might have forgotten those as well. I mean sora has fought a ton of people and even though the blades are different. He could hve forgotten them just like we forget weapons of some other people. Who knows

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

You have a point there. I suppose it would be pretty hard to forget weapons and abilities like what Xemnas shows. I'm surprised they didn't have Sora show any inkling of remembering Xemnas when he fights him in KH2. There isn't any extra scenes in KH2 FM showing Sora remember him is there?

Gram

Banned
Awards

Except Sora never meet Xemnas again till the 1000 heartless battle in KH2 were he removed his hood and spoke to them and he never seen Xemnas blades again till they fought in KH2.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
They had his voice actor in to record a fair bit for the days cinematic, there were definitely new scenes, so.. why did they leave his ONE scene in KHFM unvoiced?

In the case of Xemnas, the scene was left unspoken because even in the Japanese Xemnas did not speak to Sora directly. Just like in the original Final Mix of Kingdom Hearts II, Lingering Sentiment's scene is unvoiced as well. You'll also notice that they added sound for Sora that is just reused audio from other portions of the game. This was done because Haley's voice can no longer hit those tones and they wanted to add some vocals.

Agreed. Though at the same time it's kinda pointless to leave it mysterious since, by this point, we already know who he is.
Yes, but at this point Kingdom Hearts II had not been initially released. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix was released before Kingdom Hearts II if I remember correctly. It makes sense to leave the voice silent. It also makes it so Sora cannot 'recognize' the voice later during the first encounter. Then again it's an optional battle so I guess that's a moot point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yes, but at this point Kingdom Hearts II had not been initially released. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix was released before Kingdom Hearts II if I remember correctly. It makes sense to leave the voice silent. It also makes it so Sora cannot 'recognize' the voice later during the first encounter. Then again it's an optional battle so I guess that's a moot point.

The topic is about it being voiced in 1.5 thought not the original FM. By 1.5 we already knew who he was thus it was a bit pointless to keep it mute.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Well, not entirely. DiZ's scenes were re-done. In Days he was voiced by Christopher Lee, in 1.5 he's voiced by Corey Burton.

But yeah they didn't record any of the new scenes for KH1FM. Interestingly though, they are recording new voices for the KH2FM scenes.

I really hope they don't replace Christopher Lee's original voice over with Corey Burton's. I don't like the different voice because I enjoyed Christopher Lee's rendition for a long time. I'm not even sure what it is about it I don't like, probably that it doesn't command as much authority.

The topic is about it being voiced in 1.5 thought not the original FM. By 1.5 we already knew who he was thus it was a bit pointless to keep it mute.

Hmm. That being the case I guess it could just be they didn't have time to do it since it was a much smaller segment of the game. Either that or when they were working with the game they didn't know they'd need the actor because that scene is post main story which would have taken precedence with the dubbing. A lot of that time went to Days and Chain of Memories I think. Either way, I'm glad 1.5 finally gave non Japanese players the opportunity to enjoy that fight without having to import the game.

I do wish they'd voiced Riku's 1.5 scenes since they occurred in the main story and David's voice barely changed. I apologize if I got off topic again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony12KH

You have a point there. I suppose it would be pretty hard to forget weapons and abilities like what Xemnas shows. I'm surprised they didn't have Sora show any inkling of remembering Xemnas when he fights him in KH2. There isn't any extra scenes in KH2 FM showing Sora remember him is there?

And its funny because during the scenes of Sora getting back his memories, one of them is meeting Xemnas.

Gram

Banned
Awards
And its funny because during the scenes of Sora getting back his memories, one of them is meeting Xemnas.

Well he didn't really have reason or time to react. The next time Sora seen Xemnas was the 1000 heartless battle were Xemnas removed his hood no longer hiding his identity.
If he had kept the hood then spoke it'd make sense for him to go "heeeey wait..." but he didn't.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
I'm kind of glad they left it as-is. Although every serious fan knows who those characters are (like Xemnas hooded in KH1) I like that they left them more obscure and enigmatic for new players. It's as it should be, in my opinion.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm kind of glad they left it as-is. Although every serious fan knows who those characters are (like Xemnas hooded in KH1) I like that they left them more obscure and enigmatic for new players. It's as it should be, in my opinion.

The enigmatic feeling still works for old fans too. I just replayed the fight (I had a lot more trouble this time for some reason) and it feels kind of creepy having shaky subtitles appear when he speaks to Sora. I also enjoy knowing what he's talking about to Sora so that I can get more out of the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back