• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why didn't Terra...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKitsuneMage

Leave his armor on to fight Xehanort? And furthermore, I've seen people say that Terra did manage to get his armor on before Xehanort's went in him, if this is true, then how was his heart able to invade him? The armor is meant to protect the heart, isn't it?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I think it's meant to protect everything. But yeah, the armor seems practically useless in this universe. I will say, however, that Xehanort's a strong dude; it's not like he wouldn't have been able to break through a simple plate of keyblade armor. Remember when he lifted Ventus by the skull and threw him down a diddlying cliff that, oh yeah, HE MADE HIMSELF?! He's definitely not someone to diddly with.

tl;dr keyblade armor is there to look cool, Xehanort's like the strongest guy to ever live apparently.

EDIT: Thanks, Muke. Probably should have clarified this: it does protect the user from the darkness of the lanes between, but Xehanort could have still broken through it quite easily given his command over darkness. I answered the question without bringing up the use of the armor to begin with; I should have clarified that it seems to have no effect in a combat setting, but does have an overall use. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
I think it's meant to protect everything. But yeah, the armor seems practically useless in this universe.

tl;dr keyblade armor is there to look cool
Uh, this is untrue. The armor protects the wearer from the darkness surrounding the Lanes Between, it's basically like the black coat.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Uh, this is untrue. The armor protects the wearer from the darkness surrounding the Lanes Between, it's basically like the black coat.

Probably should have clarified this. I meant it's just used to protect from darkness; when it's used in a combat setting, it doesn't appear to do anything other than "look cool" in-game. I'll put an edit under my original comment, but what I meant was that Xehanort could have easily broken through the armor, even though its expressed purpose was to "protect the user from darkness".

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
The Keyblade armor being useless in battle is probably one of the most disappointing things about it.Like it would have been amazing if it was used as some sort of unique command style.It could have been used similar to drive forms but for TAV..something that augmented their abilities.

One of the reasons i'll never understand why people want Sora to have one so bad.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
The Keyblade armor being useless in battle is probably one of the most disappointing things about it.Like it would have been amazing if it was used as some sort of unique command style.It could have been used similar to drive forms but for TAV..something that augments their abilities.

One of the reasons i'll never understand why people want Sora to have one to bad.

You know that thing that Aqua does to her keyblade when she's fighting with Ventus-Vanitas? You know, it starts glowing blue and pulsing? Why doesn't your keyblade armor allow you to do that? Why is it just cosmetic in game? I agree that it could totally have been a unique drive form-like ability in Birth by Sleep, and you had some sort of cooldown until you could slap your pauldron again. I could even imagine it being similar to limits from Days.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You know that thing that Aqua does to her keyblade when she's fighting with Ventus-Vanitas? You know, it starts glowing blue and pulsing? Why doesn't your keyblade armor allow you to do that? Why is it just cosmetic in game? I agree that it could totally have been a unique drive form-like ability in Birth by Sleep, and you had some sort of cooldown until you could slap your pauldron again. I could even imagine it being similar to limits from Days.

That glowing/pulsing thing on Aqua's Keyblade there comes from her wayfinder, or more specifically from both Terra and Ventus "lending" her some of their power as an extra boost.
So it's more like a special D-Link feature with two people at once, 0.2 also plays with this ability of the wayfinders a little.

As for the Keyblade Armor's protection it does protect generally from Darkness, but how effective it is depends on several factors including the power of the Darkness "attacking" it.
In Terra's case not only is he facing one of the strongest known darkness-controlling powers in the universe, Xehanort, his own Darkness is also haywire and totally out of control due to Terra acting in a blind rage against the crimes Xehanort committed against Aqua, Eraqus and Ventus.
Xehanort even says as such in Blank Points, Terra's lack of control over his own Darkness and the unleashing of it beforehand when we saw Terra with that dark aura provided an entry point for Xehanort, so in the end the armor was simply bypassed.

An example where the armor does work largely as intended is in Dream Drop Distance when Ventus lets Sora borrow his armor as the attacking Darkness does not reach Sora himself, it "only" possesses the armor itself, not Sora, buying time for Riku to intervene and save the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back