• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why didn't Mickey or Yen Sid tell Sora about....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

appleboy82791

Awards
But why would she? Riku's reasons are pretty obvious, considering how he felt and stuff. But Aqua?

You can say that about Riku now because we understand Riku's storyline and progression throughout the series. We don't know everything about Aqua yet. That's why we're getting 0.2. Who knows what might happen in it...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
You can say that about Riku now because we understand Riku's storyline and progression throughout the series. We don't know everything about Aqua yet. That's why we're getting 0.2. Who knows what might happen in it...

P L O T H O L E S

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
And to be just as fair I think your blowing what people mean by Nintendo asking for Days a bit out of proportion. I've never once seen it said Nintnedo actually had a huge hand in development. Only that they were the main catalyst for its existence.
Except that they probably weren't. That's basically what I'm talking about. People overplay how big of a hand Nintendo had in Days, like it is Nintendo's fault Days was made. Even if Nintendo had never said "We'd love a X game for it" Nomura probably would still have made it because Nomura likes experimenting with new systems and control schemes. That's just his thing. And given how we know Dissidia was initially for KH, it's clear they were thinking about a multiplayer KH for a while and chose the DS due to its popularity and ease for multiplayer. Idk. I'm basically never comfortable with this "Nintendo made Days happen" kind of position which people, if they seriously don't believe in it strongly, sure like to mention every single time.

But I digress.

I fell there's also no denying the huge shift of atmosphere in early or even mid production Bbs compared to the finilazed project.
I guess? Honestly it doesn't seem all that different to me and it's mostly just people guessing that it would've been vastly different with no real knowledge if that's true. I mean almost all of the scenes in the early trailer did make it into the game. I think people at this point have just gotten bitter with BBS and now look at old stuff and try and convince themselves that it was secretly this much better game at the start then what we got, when honestly, what we got probably is not all that different from the beginning. BBS disappoints you. That can be the end of the story lol.

As for the topic at hand, I still feel like my answer did a fairly good job of explaining this discrepancy with in-universe reasoning (and I was pretty much the only person who bothered to try, with everyone just laying on the snark) so I'm just going to say it again lol:

It's not that strange. From his and Yen Sid's perspective, the three of them disappeared without a trace. The likely assumption was probably that they died or tragedy befell them. Literally ten years pass without a single word of their existence. Sometime during KH1 Mickey meets Aqua and we assume there is a reason that he couldn't save her (we'll have to wait for 0.2 to find out if it is any good) but also at that time they are dealing with the more present threats of Xehanort and Xemnas that need to be dealt with right away. Mickey barely appears in these stories at all, for one thing, but mentioning three keyblade wielders from over a decade ago doesn't really help the present situation of Xehanort and Xemnas threatening the worlds right now (especially when we consider the amount of effort it is taking to save them -- realm of sleep travels anyone? we also have to remember that prior to mickey/riku it was virtually unheard of anyone making it out of the realm of darkness and they basically escaped it by pure luck. it's not something you'd just hastily jump back into without being prepared). Once the threat has been dealt with and Mickey learns that not only are they all able to be saved, but that Sora is the key, he and Yen Sid immediately start trying to track them down, figuring out what happened, and how best to save them. Once they learned this information they didn't wait around. Yen Sid knew that in order to save them Sora and Riku would need to gain new powers from the Realm of Sleep and so that's what they did.

The Aqua thing is the most dubious part of this, but not mentioning the rest makes enough sense to me given the circumstances. They assumed they were gone.

appleboy82791

Awards
It's not that strange. From his and Yen Sid's perspective, the three of them disappeared without a trace. The likely assumption was probably that they died or tragedy befell them. Literally ten years pass without a single word of their existence. Sometime during KH1 Mickey meets Aqua and we assume there is a reason that he couldn't save her (we'll have to wait for 0.2 to find out if it is any good) but also at that time they are dealing with the more present threats of Xehanort and Xemnas that need to be dealt with right away. Mickey barely appears in these stories at all, for one thing, but mentioning three keyblade wielders from over a decade ago doesn't really help the present situation of Xehanort and Xemnas threatening the worlds right now (especially when we consider the amount of effort it is taking to save them -- realm of sleep travels anyone? we also have to remember that prior to mickey/riku it was virtually unheard of anyone making it out of the realm of darkness and they basically escaped it by pure luck. it's not something you'd just hastily jump back into without being prepared). Once the threat has been dealt with and Mickey learns that not only are they all able to be saved, but that Sora is the key, he and Yen Sid immediately start trying to track them down, figuring out what happened, and how best to save them. Once they learned this information they didn't wait around. Yen Sid knew that in order to save them Sora and Riku would need to gain new powers from the Realm of Sleep and so that's what they did.

The Aqua thing is the most dubious part of this, but not mentioning the rest makes enough sense to me given the circumstances. They assumed they were gone.

I'm jumping on this bandwagon. Best thing I've seen yet.

Anagram

Banned
Except that they probably weren't. That's basically what I'm talking about. People overplay how big of a hand Nintendo had in Days, like it is Nintendo's fault Days was made. Even if Nintendo had never said "We'd love a X game for it" Nomura probably would still have made it because Nomura likes experimenting with new systems and control schemes. That's just his thing. And given how we know Dissidia was initially for KH, it's clear they were thinking about a multiplayer KH for a while and chose the DS due to its popularity and ease for multiplayer. Idk. I'm basically never comfortable with this "Nintendo made Days happen" kind of position which people, if they seriously don't believe in it strongly, sure like to mention every single time.

But I digress.

I guess? Honestly it doesn't seem all that different to me and it's mostly just people guessing that it would've been vastly different with no real knowledge if that's true. I mean almost all of the scenes in the early trailer did make it into the game. I think people at this point have just gotten bitter with BBS and now look at old stuff and try and convince themselves that it was secretly this much better game at the start then what we got, when honestly, what we got probably is not all that different from the beginning. BBS disappoints you. That can be the end of the story lol.

As for the topic at hand, I still feel like my answer did a fairly good job of explaining this discrepancy with in-universe reasoning (and I was pretty much the only person who bothered to try, with everyone just laying on the snark) so I'm just going to say it again lol:
"Probably" isn't a counterargument. Your basically disagreeing on the pretense you hate that it's over attributed to Nintendo. Kinda like that BBS disappointment part you mentioned.

Of course you feel your answer was best. =P

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Of course you feel your answer was best. =P
I didn't say it was the best. I said it did a fairly good job of trying to explain it with an in-universe answer and was one of the only ones that even tried. Which is true.

We can't all pat ourselves on the back for detached cynicism and snarky non-constructive comments~~~~

Anagram

Banned
I didn't say it was the best. I said it did a fairly good job of trying to explain it with an in-universe answer and was one of the only ones that even tried. Which is true.

We can't all pat ourselves on the back for detached cynicism and snarky non-constructive comments~~~~

Of course it's true~ It's not said but implied.

Says a man that gets a pretentious high for pointing out info others forget and get wrong. =w= Oh I'm sorry I mean "initially".

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Of course it's true~ It's not said but implied.

Says a man that gets a pretentious high for pointing out info others forget and get wrong. =w= Oh I'm sorry I mean "initially".
lol are you really continuing this, like three hours later and after we all seemingly agreed to chill?
The fact is you don't know shit about me or my life or my intentions so how about we just drop this for good and move on with our lives like adults? I certainly don't want to keep this charming back and forth going, for a number of reasons.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
this isn't that serious guys whoever struck who's nerve can anime battle it out in FI please just cut this shit out

Anagram

Banned
lol are you really continuing this, like three hours later and after we all seemingly agreed to chill?
The fact is you don't know shit about me or my life or my intentions so how about we just drop this for good and move on with our lives like adults? I certainly don't want to keep this charming back and forth going, for a number of reasons.

Yes =w=
Knowing shit about you or your life isn't needed. Everything is based solely on your words and attitudes here and elsewhere. "Like adults"? Don't flatter yourself. I know I'm far from one and its apparent your not as close to one either.
You can continue or ignore what you wish I don't see the point of your new profile if your gonna throw around that pretentious attitude or asshole behavior like the old one.

Not that I'm much better but hey, at least I admit too it. At least a "real expert" points out false info politely like Sephiroth0812 nor thinks their answers "better" than the rest. (before you say it I know full well I didn't give as detailed an as wet but I'm not claiming to have anyway)

Well either way move as you wish. I'll do so as well with less respect for in mind.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Yes =w=
Knowing shit about you or your life isn't needed. Everything is based solely on your words and attitudes here and elsewhere. "Like adults"? Don't flatter yourself. I know I'm far from one and its apparent your not as close to one either.
You can continue or ignore what you wish I don't see the point of your new profile if your gonna throw around that pretentious attitude or asshole behavior like the old one.

Not that I'm much better but hey, at least I admit too it. At least a "real expert" points out false info politely like Sephiroth0812 nor thinks their answers "better" than the rest. (before you say it I know full well I didn't give as detailed an as wet but I'm not claiming to have anyway)

Well either way move as you wish. I'll do so as well with less respect for in mind.
tumblr_o1fjupw1uv1rku80no1_400.png

Good lord. I'm just going to block you, alright? You clearly just don't know how to drop something. I'm only giving you a heads up out of courtesy so you don't waste your time trying to reply to my posts anymore.

Now let's let this topic get back to its actual point, which is Mickey and TAV.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
this shit is fucking nuts arent we all adults here?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And this is the reason you just gotta love chuman.
So, err. The only real plotlike reason for this is that they "didn't thought it was this necessary"?

To bring this really back on track and trying to take a different approach to designating it as merely an "oversight" or "plothole" I'll repeat the OP for a reminder of the questions:

Ventus, Terra or Aqua? why did they wait until 2.0 to tell Riku and Kairi, plus if Mickey knew that Sora was chosen to save them, why didn’t he tell them sooner so when Riku and Sora was in the ROD they could had knew about Aqua and try to look for her? instead of leaving it for another 2 or 3 years. Was they waiting for Sora to get older and stronger and do the Mark of mastery? ANOTHER DUMB QUESTION.

As for the first question, why didn't tell Mickey and Yen Sid Sora, Riku and Kairi about TAV?
Uhm well, let me ask a different question: Why the fuck would they? Before Re: Coded, Sora, Riku and Kairi are to those two only a bunch of kids they work together with on current dangers and threats.
They are already searching for answers about those three for ten years at the time of KH 1, but more pressing matters reveal itself with Ansem SoD and the Organisation (during KH 1, CoM and 2).
The issue with TAV is personal for Mickey, as the credits of BBS and his reaction to Master Xehanort callously brushing off their fates in DDD show. To Mickey, Sora & co. were not connected to TAV and thus it was not needed to inform them of anyting.

Always keeping in mind here that we're talking about the time period before Re: Coded.

The second question "if Mickey knew that Sora was chosen to save them, why didn’t he tell them sooner so when Riku and Sora was in the ROD they could had knew about Aqua and try to look for her? instead of leaving it for another 2 or 3 years." is where the crux lies as it includes an "if".
That "if" must be answered with no because before Re: Coded, Mickey didn't know that Sora is destinied to save those three, he did not even know that there was a connection between Sora and TAV at all.

Re: Coded's ending even shows us this plainly:
Re: Coded said:
Naminé: ...and the ones you're about to see.

(Two boys and a girl appear)
Mickey: It can't be!

Naminé: Mickey, maybe you know how much they're hurting. These three were keys, too. They were connected to the truth behind the Keyblade. And, they're still connected, Sora, somewhere way down deep inside of you.

Sora: Funny, I feel as though...I've met them.

Naminé: Yes, two of them, you have met. As for the third...I never realized it, but...you and he share a very special connection.

Mickey is surprised/shocked to see TAV in the memories Naminé found inside Sora, this is the very moment he realizes the connections and Sora's importance, not at any point earlier.
The last sentence Naminé says refers to Ven, and that's where Mickey puts two and two together as we see in the secret ending later:
Signs of what's next said:
Mickey: Yen Sid... I think we're finally close to figuring out where Ven's heart is.

Yen Sid: Is that so? Then that leaves only Terra.

In the memories shown by Naminé, Mickey gets to see how Roxas looks like for the very first time (remember Mickey never met Roxas during the year where he was running free), but he knows that Rox is Sora's Nobody and this together with Naminé speaking about a "very special connection" Sora shares with "him" (note the same theme of not saying Ven's name that was already in Days) makes Mickey finally realize where Ven's heart could possibly be hidden.

So this meme of Mickey about "Lol I forgot about TAV" is not expedient. He didn't forget, he just didn't see any necessity in informing Sora & co. about something that he didn't consider their business until he learned in Re: Coded that it IS their business (or at least Sora's business) after all.

So the earliest possible way for Mickey to inform Sora & co about TAV would have been between Re: Coded and DDD and here is were any "asshole yoda mouse"-accusations can gain a slight vibe of credibility. His letter to SRK was really unnecessarily mysterious and flowery, but that could have been excused if he had briefed Sora and Riku in detail about what he had learned in Re: Coded before they started with the exam as then Xehanort's plan regarding Sora would have been at least more difficult to achieve because Sora would have been forewarned.
Naminé in Re: Coded warned about exactly what Xehanort and his nortys did to Sora in DDD so in hindsight it's an error on Mickey's part to not inform them in detail beforehand:
Sora: What? Isn't it weird for somebody else's memories to be inside me?

Naminé: Right, it's not usually possible. When I first found them while repairing your memory, I thought I'd made a mistake. But all the evidence I found proved they belong in your heart, where they've been sleeping a long...long time. One day, Sora will have to call them to the surface. They're important memories...but very dangerous ones.

Mickey: Dangerous how?

Naminé: These memories are too painful. Handled the wrong way, they could damage Sora's heart--even break it. I needed you to find a way to face that kind of hurt. That's why I left the message.

Granted though, I doubt that Mickey was expecting Xehanort to interfere with the exam so not informing them before might actually count as a near-tragical mistake on the mouse's part.

That should answer the OP's question in detail (and hooray, you can do it without any interviews as only some attention to Re: Coded is needed to understand it).

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Okay, so...it is explainable storywise...I see.
Thanks for clearing things up (again) and pulling us out of off-topic (again as well, iirc).

Muke

whatever
Awards
So this meme of Mickey about "Lol I forgot about TAV" is not expedient. He didn't forget, he just didn't see any necessity in informing Sora & co. about something that he didn't consider their business until he learned in Re: Coded that it IS their business (or at least Sora's business) after all.

It's still funny though

Anagram

Banned
And Seph saves the day. Although personally even though I know it's possible to think up story reasons it still just comes off as him forgetting lol. But that's what happens when you semi make a story as it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back