• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why didn't Master Xehanort do this for the X-Blade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoXi

In Birth By Sleep, we find out that the reason Vanitas was created was
to have him clash with Ven (who was now pure of heart because the darkness in his heart
was removed to make Vanitas) and bring about the X-Blade, which worked.
However, Ven sacrificed his heart to destroy the X-Blade once again.

My question is, why didn't MX just find someone else, remove the darkness in their
heart and have the pure of heart half and the dark half duke it out again?
Would this not have triggered the same effect and broughten back again the
X-Blade?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
While the clash did bring the X-blade into being, it was a hasty attempt that ended in failure. That much Master Xehanort had acknowledged, and I'd assume that doing the same thing hoping for different results would just be a waste of time.

RoXi

While the clash did bring the X-blade into being, it was a hasty attempt that ended in failure. That much Master Xehanort had acknowledged, and I'd assume that doing the same thing hoping for different results would just be a waste of time.

but the only reason it ended in failure was because of Ven sacrificing his heart.
If MX repeated the process and stopped the person form sacrificing their heart,
it would be a success

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
but the only reason it ended in failure was because of Ven sacrificing his heart.
If MX repeated the process and stopped the person form sacrificing their heart,
it would be a success

How would he do that though? The battle was internal. Primarily, the reason the attempt failed was because Ven resisted. He refused to give into Vanitas so retained consciousness within. In a hypothetical situation where MX tries this plan again, it would depend on the strength of the individuals.

Regardless, the X-Blade in BbS was frail and unstable. It's questionable if t would have truly worked in the long run.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Also, it's not as simple as you're making it out to be. The split nearly killed Ven, and after he used Sora as an anchor he still had to be separated from his dark half. And even then, after years and years, his heart wasn't quite the match that Vanitas needed.

The forces of light and darkness that meet at the intersection must be opposing AND equal. Splitting a heart in two isn't enough.

RoXi

Also, it's not as simple as you're making it out to be. The split nearly killed Ven, and after he used Sora as an anchor he still had to be separated from his dark half. And even then, after years and years, his heart wasn't quite the match that Vanitas needed.

The forces of light and darkness that meet at the intersection must be opposing AND equal. Splitting a heart in two isn't enough.

going by this logic, then having Ansem SoD and Xemnas fight would have yielded the X-Blade, which would've been a shortcut compared to collecting 7 lights and 13 darknesses.

How would he do that though? The battle was internal. Primarily, the reason the attempt failed was because Ven resisted. He refused to give into Vanitas so retained consciousness within. In a hypothetical situation where MX tries this plan again, it would depend on the strength of the individuals.

Regardless, the X-Blade in BbS was frail and unstable. It's questionable if t would have truly worked in the long run.

I'll agree, the X-Blade did look fractured. did MX ever make any comment on it? (or maybe even Nomura in an Ultimania or something)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
going by this logic, then having Ansem SoD and Xemnas fight would have yielded the X-Blade, which would've been a shortcut compared to collecting 7 lights and 13 darknesses.

?
Not quite sure what you mean by this.

I'll agree, the X-Blade did look fractured. did MX ever make any comment on it? (or maybe even Nomura in an Ultimania or something)

MX briefly commented about how his attempts in BbS were hasty. He doesn't go into detail about it, but he does seem to acknowledge that he pure hearts of light and darkness intersecting thing wasn't the way to go. Thus, him now going "he long way".

Last edited:

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

MX stated that he was hasty or something along those lines, he never mentions the condition of the blade because he never saw anything but the explosion in the sky when it was forged. It's funny that he never actually got to see it in BBS because he got his ass kicked by a suit of armour before everyone was scattered from the Keyblade Graveyard. By the time he arrived at Radiant Garden in his unusual state with the internal conflict going on, the X-blade had already been shattered. Following that he locked his own heart and from there on it's questionable what he remembers up untill the point he splits himself into Ansem and Xemnas.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Read what I said again. Forces of Light and Darkness. Ansem and Xemnas are both too oriented with the side of Darkness, which is why they're both one of the 13 seekers.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yeah, while we'll never know just how strong Ventus' heart exactly was (in quantitative form), I do believe it was very strong and clearly separating his heart did so much damage that MX thought Ventus had no hope and he has been resting inside Sora's for years (a decade and then some). I don't think MX could have just gone "heart searching" and found another person easily.

Read what I said again. Forces of Light and Darkness. Ansem and Xemnas are both too oriented with the side of Darkness, which is why they're both one of the 13 seekers.

Not to mention they had to have a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness. Ansem SoD is essentially a heart while Xemnas was potentially growing one, but in no way had a fully grown heart lol

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Not to mention they had to have a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness. Ansem SoD is essentially a heart while Xemnas was potentially growing one, but in no way had a fully grown heart lol
That's how he went about it with Ven and Vanitas, but he DID view Aqua as a backup. As did Vanitas.
I don't think they had any intention of splitting her heart in half.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
That's how he went about it with Ven and Vanitas, but he DID view Aqua as a backup. As did Vanitas.
I don't think they had any intention of splitting her heart in half.

lol No, Aqua was not going to split in half (let's be honest, Vanitas can't beat Aqua...she's too awesome for that <_<) but Nomura explained in the Ultimania that Aqua's heart, while not "pure" light, was so strong and full of light, that she would have sufficed. Which does go back on the idea that it has be "pure" light and darkness, but I guess "pure" is a subjective term.

Bbs Ultimania said:
-- When Vanitas calls Aqua a "spare", is he talking about raw materials for making a X-Blade?

Nomura: Yes. She was a "spare" prepared in case Ventus did not survive the fusion process with Vanitas. Aqua was recognised by Eraqus as a legitimate Keyblade Master who viewed light as absolute, and holds a strong heart of light. So if Ventus were to fail she could have been used as material for the X-blade.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The whole "pure light and darkness" thing, to me, as seemed out the window since DDD. Since MX said his way of creating a pure light and darkness was a plan he made in haste.
Plus it truly does seem more subjective than absolute rule given the 13 vs 7 method. I mean if it were absolute a rule Xehanort would have to not only take the light out of all his own vessels but also all the dark out of the GoL.

All that really seems needed is light and darkness in strong enough and equal shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back