• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Did Xemnas Want A Heart?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
I havent seen this asked before. Having said that I hardly dwell in the KH section of a KH forum. Strange. Anyway I was sort of tempted to put this in FOKH section because I think it may have some relevence. Anyway what are your thoughts about why he wanted a heart?

Jakek9

I beleive that is the desire for every nobody. To become real again, and have feeling.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I beleive that is the desire for every nobody. To become real again, and have feeling.
This, pretty much. Evil or not, all Nobodies desire to become whole, though Xemnas didn't want emotions getting in the way. Nobodies (or at least, most of the Organization) seem to ridicule feelings, tbh.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Xemnas wanted to use Kingdom Hearts mainly for power and the ability to create a brand new world in his image. Having a heart was never high on his priority list. We do not know whether he actually wanted a heart or not, but if he did, it is to become a new person, not to return to his original form as Xehanort.

TraverseTown123X

Yeah, Xemnas never wanted a heart. Xemnas agreed that the only good facets of a heart were the ability to feel hatred and rage, but he was above that and embraced nothingness. However, the other members of Organization XIII desperately wanted hearts to feel the emptiness they felt that they filled with hobbies and fake emotion. All Xemnas wanted was to feed into his desire for power, a sort of hunger. Of all of Organization XIII, he was the only one whose true destiny it was to live in the Realm of Nothingness.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Xemnas wanted to use Kingdom Hearts mainly for power and the ability to create a brand new world in his image. Having a heart was never high on his priority list. We do not know whether he actually wanted a heart or not, but if he did, it is to become a new person, not to return to his original form as Xehanort.
this pretty much summed it up, didnt he want kh so he "could become a greater being".

Faris

Perfect Harmony

I dont really recall any of this, then again I havent read any of the novels or played the game in a long time so I will take your word for it.

I wonder if he wanted to regain a heart because perhaps while without a heart he discovered a way to regain the power of the keyblade or something. Just speculating.

ColdRoxas

Yeah, Xemnas well... He really wanted Kingdom Hearts for power(literally), but I guess he wouldn't mind having a heart as a side :p

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
I wonder if he wanted to regain a heart because perhaps while without a heart he discovered a way to regain the power of the keyblade or something. Just speculating.

That's why it was never outright denied that Xemnas wanted a heart. All evidence point to Xehanort being a Keyblade wielder in the past, and it seems Xemnas wants to regain that power since he lost that ability even with his memories intact, hence possibly his search for the Chamber of Repose and Wakening. Maybe he hoped regaining a heart would awaken his power over the Keyblade?

However, who needs a Keyblade when using Kingdom Hearts gives him ultimate power? The regaining heart part was an afterthought and an added bonus aside from the complications of emotions, being a god was his true motive.

State

Awards
I dont really recall any of this, then again I havent read any of the novels or played the game in a long time so I will take your word for it.

He told AtW about this when he was FIRING HIS LAZAR at the KH of people's hearts moon. Then AtW replied with something along the lines of "Any empire of yours, would be an empire of ignorance." Also...
[I]Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Secret Report No. 358: Goals
I must become one with Kingdom Hearts. I will become a higher existence. All of my true ambitions begin there.[/I] he even hints something about other types of plans in Days.

Vanitas.

It's been said
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It's funny how Larxene stated in the novels how she didn't want a heart back and how she's better off this way. Xaldin also, but
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Xemnas could care less about having a heart. He finds power in nothingness and wants Kingdom Hearts for himself. He manipulates the Org members, who DO want hearts, into making kingdom hearts more powerful for him since he knows that sora will eliminate the Org members anyway.

Axens

Banned
Didnt he want a collection of hearts to power Kingdom Hearts? Thats why he wanted Roxas and then Sora to defeat as many Heartless as possible in order to bring those hearts to Kingdom Hearts, whose power he wanted like Ansem, Seeker Of Darkness?

NumberVIII

I feel like he used that kind of as a cover-up, like that was the Organization's goal, when really he just wanted the power. Didn't the first 6 members cast away their hearts because they didn't want emotions to get in the way?

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
I havent seen this asked before. Having said that I hardly dwell in the KH section of a KH forum. Strange. Anyway I was sort of tempted to put this in FOKH section because I think it may have some relevence. Anyway what are your thoughts about why he wanted a heart?

How would you like it if you didn't have any emotions? None at all?

Originally Posted by NumberVIII
I feel like he used that kind of as a cover-up, like that was the Organization's goal, when really he just wanted the power. Didn't the first 6 members cast away their hearts because they didn't want emotions to get in the way?

I honestly don't remember. It's in one of the Ansem Reports.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
How would you like it if you didn't have any emotions? None at all?

Relevance? Actually I suppose I could argue that if everyone in the world were to have no emotion that would possibly make us the most peaceful species to exist, however then there is a question of ethics and whether or not its our emotions that make us human. Of course you could also argue that some religions IE Buddhism and some forms of Hindu as well as certain concepts of Animism (Despite not necessarily being a religion) strive for a sense of no- emotion, and that it is in fact the goal of said beliefs to obtain a stage of enlightenment which somewhat defies emotion. Of course this is all just my nihilistic view on the matter and this is a KH discussion so sorry for going a bit off the trail there.

I honestly don't remember. It's in one of the Ansem Reports.
Actually, I don't think it is, not for its actual reason anyway. In light of recent mysteries solved, I think the question of why Xemnas wanted a heart or ultimately Kingdom Hearts has come very much into perspective. The thing that I was confused about was
Noruma stating something along the line of Xemnas perhaps simply not using the keyblade, rather than not having the power too

xHiddenMemories

Xemnas could care less about having a heart. He finds power in nothingness and wants Kingdom Hearts for himself. He manipulates the Org members, who DO want hearts, into making kingdom hearts more powerful for him since he knows that sora will eliminate the Org members anyway.
Xemnas makes me so angry that the was using the other Organization members to have Kingdom hearts to his own..well to become one with Kingdom Hearts...
I also wish Sora would have really known that the other Organization members wanted hearts again...it made me sad when he killed them and when Axel died...
Demyx, Axel, Saix.. everyone.. what REALLY made me upset was when Saix died.."Where is my heart.." and then he fades.. Damn Xemnas..I wish he didn't use the Organization members for such a cruel thing. They just wanted their hearts again to have feelings again.. :'(

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Xemnas wanted to rule over his new world.
He was going to betray the Organization anyway.

A

Azrael

Xemnas never wanted a Heart. He wanted the Power that only a Heart can give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back