• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did Terra instantly connect with Riku?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobjam

Awards
Just been doing a second playthrough on proud and got to the bit where Terra comes to Destiny Islands. It seems as though as Riku and Sora run past him Terra without even considering a look at Sora suddenly believes Riku may have been the reason he came to Island...which I don't quite get. I understand everything that happens afterwards and the significance of the keyblade hand over blah blah blah, but found it weird how Terra decided "hey that kid....he looks cool....Ima gunna pass down the keyblade legacy to HIM! =D".

Zul

Awards
I guess it's because Riku reminded Terra so much of himself. Terra always wanted to do what was right to protect his friends, but was constantly grappling with the darkness and power. =(

Hey, it's you! O hai!

Terra did ask him why he wanted to leave his world before handing it over. I suppose it was what Riku said that prompted him to pass the keyblade. I'm not sure what Eraqus's "policy" is on that type of thing.

Bobjam

Awards
Hey, it's you! O hai!

Terra did ask him why he wanted to leave his world before handing it over. I suppose it was what Riku said that prompted him to pass the keyblade. I'm not sure what Eraqus's "policy" is on that type of thing.

No I understand that but even before Riku even talks to him or anything is said, if you watch the clip again, Terra immediately after seeing him seeing on the tree with Sora suddenly feels the need to say "maybe I came here to meet this boy..." or along the lines of. Everything else after is explainable but that intial though he expresses...not so sure. But I think the most likely thing as previously mentioned is the fact that maybe Riku by just sheer physical and visual resemblance got Terra thinking along those lines.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I think the reason he said that was because he wound up on Destiny Islands by complete accident; he's thinking that fate led him to the islands in order to meet Riku.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Terra was initially drawn to Destiny Islands by a bright, warm light shining through the Lanes Between, and recognizes that Riku as a child had light of notable strength, thereby coming to the conclusion that it must have come from Riku, guiding him towards their 'fated meeting.'

Bobjam

Awards
It just still seems random...he didn't even give Sora a look, It must be something unseen that we do know about. Even to the point where he says fate must of lead him there to meet him....maybe this is where Destiny Islands got its name eh.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It just still seems random...he didn't even give Sora a look, It must be something unseen that we do know about. Even to the point where he says fate must of lead him there to meet him....maybe this is where Destiny Islands got its name eh.

Is it really so hard to believe that Riku's light shone brighter than that of Sora's and completely engulfed Terra's attention?

Bobjam

Awards
Is it really so hard to believe that Riku's light shone brighter than that of Sora's and completely engulfed Terra's attention?

Um ....no =S didn't have to say it like that ^^ its just I wouldn't of figured that it was Riku's 'light' that led Terra to him. I woulda guessed Sora seeing as how we know his character turns out compared to Riku...thats the only reason why I'm slightly confuzzled as to all the attention on Riku, thats all ^^.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I believe the light that drew Terra (and Aqua I believe) to Destiny Islands was Riku's. Terra noticed it in Riku once he actually laid eyes on Riku and Aqua saw the same light. So I think its safe to assume that as a child and possibly in the future, Riku's light will be pretty...shiny.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol, Bobjam, Riku's light was way more stronger than Sora's when they were younger. It wasn't until he got older that he became obsessively determined to leave DI which weakened his heart and attracted the Darkness to him.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Um ....no =S didn't have to say it like that ^^

That post wasn't written in the manner of or intended to be offensive *shrugs*

its just I wouldn't of figured that it was Riku's 'light' that led Terra to him. I woulda guessed Sora seeing as how we know his character turns out compared to Riku...thats the only reason why I'm slightly confuzzled as to all the attention on Riku, thats all ^^.

I've always believed that everyone was born with a pure heart of light, except those who aren't Princesses of Heart became susceptible to corruption.

LucasDraleau

The fact that TAV and Kairi all landed on DI by mere fate/destiny it does seem like that could be where its name came from.

I've always believed that everyone was born with a pure heart of light, except those who aren't Princesses of Heart became susceptible to corruption.

It makes sense. I mean, even in the real world people are always saying how the young are innocent (filled with light) and as you mature and grow older you become more corrupted (let more darkness into your heart) because of how you learn about the events of the outside world.

Lol, Bobjam, Riku's light was way more stronger than Sora's when they were younger. It wasn't until he got older that he became obsessively determined to leave DI which weakened his heart and attracted the Darkness to him.

Based on what Sign is saying about how children are born with a pure heart of light, makes me wonder how Riku's light was stronger than Sora. I mean according to logic, with Riku being a year older, he should've had less light than Sora, but it could also be because Sora connected with Ven and gave Ven some of his own light, which could have decreased its amount in Sora compared to Riku

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Riku's desire to protect the people he cared about probably kept his light strong...

I'm also thinking that later on, with the arrival of Kairi to the islands and Sora housing Ven's heart, their light overshadowed Riku's. Kinda like what happened with Aqua, Ven, and Terra.

LucasDraleau

Riku's desire to protect the people he cared about probably kept his light strong... I'm also thinking that later on, with the arrival of Kairi to the islands and Sora housing Ven's heart, their light overshadowed Riku's. Kinda like what happened with Aqua, Ven, and Terra.

That'd make sense, but TAV's light is incredibly strong because of their tutelage under Master Eraqus, whereas SRK's light are strong because of their own actions and thoughts towards events. Riku's was kept strong because like you said he wanted to protect S and K, Kairi's was strong, much stronger than Riku's because shes a PoH, and Sora's was probably stronger because he had Ven's heart, which was already strong due to his relationship with Eraqus. So I could easily see them later on overshadowing Riku's. Is it ever mentioned if the Keyblade goes to Sora due to him having Ven's heart and his strong light, therefore overshadowing Riku's, or is it solely based on Sora's own abilities and Light, and Riku's own falling into Darkness? I'd guess that it was solely based on Riku and Sora's actions going back to the "SRK's light is strong solely because of their actions towards events" theme.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
We're told that Sora didn't inherit anything from or because of Ven, asides from the whole dual wielding biz.

LucasDraleau

We're told that Sora didn't inherit anything from or because of Ven, asides from the whole dual wielding biz.

Thanks. That's what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure. It still doesn't change my argument.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar

I've always held the theory that a heart is pure when it was born within KH, but as it traveled through the RoD to make it to their vessel in the RoL, they would be slightly corrupted by the darkness, and the amount of darkness had to with how "fast" their heart traveled.
Basically more time to get from KH to RoL = more darkness in heart

LucasDraleau

I've always held the theory that a heart is pure when it was born within KH, but as it traveled through the RoD to make it to their vessel in the RoL, they would be slightly corrupted by the darkness, and the amount of darkness had to with how "fast" their heart traveled.
Basically more time to get from KH to RoL = more darkness in heart

I really don't see how that would cause some people to be more corrupted than others, and it wouldn't explain how the PoH still had no darkness in their heart, unless their heart originated in the RoL. Plus, the amount of Darkness in a person isn't a fixed "number," it changes. We see this with Aqua, Terra, and Ven; they are trained by a light obsessed nutjob who tells them that Darkness in bad, so they suppress the darkness inside them. And it also grows inside a person involuntarily; simiar to what Xehanort mentions in the Lanes Between. However , it has been confirmed that if a person is in the RoD, the Darkness in their heart is said to increase, so your theory does have some points that I could see happening. Also, where does it say that all hearts originate in Kingdom Hearts? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I absolutely cannot remember if and where it was stated.

Neptun

Also, where does it say that all hearts originate in Kingdom Hearts? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I absolutely cannot remember if and where it was stated.
"Behold the endless abyss! Within lies the heart of all worlds: Kingdom Hearts! Look as hard as you are able; you'll not find even the smallest glimmer of light. From those dark depths are all hearts born... even yours.
DARKNESS... CONQUERS ALL WORLDS!!!"
-Xehanort before his final battle with Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back