• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did Terra instantly connect with Riku?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
If i'm remembering this right then didn't Aqua try to pass the Keyblade on to Sora first before she realized Terra had already passed it on to Riku? If so then why did she choose Sora?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If i'm remembering this right then didn't Aqua try to pass the Keyblade on to Sora first before she realized Terra had already passed it on to Riku? If so then why did she choose Sora?

It's more like she was considering performing the Rite onto Sora and not actually attempting to do it. Because Terra had already done so with Riku, she opted to not do so with Sora so as to prevent the two of them from having to fight one another in the future.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
It's more like she was considering performing the Rite onto Sora and not actually attempting to do it. Because Terra had already done so with Riku, she opted to not do so with Sora so as to prevent the two of them from having to fight one another in the future.

Yea, that turned out beautifully.
I can't remember, was it Terra that approached Riku, or the other way around, cuz I know Sora had the opportunity to, but he just kept running, and merely slowed down and glanced at Terra.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
When Riku was little, his light shone bright because he wanted to do whatever he could to protect his friends. And, if I remember correctly, he felt that if he could travel to other worlds he could get even stronger, for the sake of saving his friends. That caused the Light in his heart to shine more bright than Sora's and to attract Terra there as he traveled in the Lanes Between.

It's when Kairi comes to DI that he is reassured that Terra was ever there and that there are other worlds out there. I suspect he starts to obsess over leaving DI eventually more than protecting his friends, and so the Light in him dimmed. Then, when Ansem SOD showed up on DI and spoke with Riku, offering him Darkness as a fast track to achieving both goals, he gives in and his Light becomes nothing compared to Sora.

At least, this is what I take of the matter.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

But Terra chose Riku right away because of his light but why did Aqua not choose Riku too(before realizing he already had the Rite done on him)?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yea, that turned out beautifully.
I can't remember, was it Terra that approached Riku, or the other way around, cuz I know Sora had the opportunity to, but he just kept running, and merely slowed down and glanced at Terra.

Lol, didn't it? xD

More like the other way around, if anything. Terra saw Riku and Sora as he was heading to the paopu tree, but decided to walk away and ponder on the beach. Riku decided to stop and talk to Terra when he and Sora were "racing" back to meet his dad at the docks.

But Terra chose Riku right away because of his light but why did Aqua not choose Riku too(before realizing he already had the Rite done on him)?

Terra was drawn to Riku even before he even landed on DI; it was Riku's light after all that led him to the world to begin with, and the boy was like a reflection of himself, how he used to be before he began to crave more power.

In any case, it doesn't really matter. Neither of them went there for the sole reason of finding a successor. Aqua didn't realize Riku already had the rite performed on him until she began to even consider doing it on Sora.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
He just saw the goodness, power, light - whatever you want to call it - and thought he'd be a good inherit-er of the Keyblade.

That sounds pretty accurate to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back