• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did Soul Eater and Kingdom Key break Ventus Station of Awakening?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veevee

Awards
Soo, I was rewatching the BBS opening (which is still hella cool) the other day and noticed the scene where Aqua sees Vens Station of Awakening that gets shattered just a second later - by the Kingdom Key and Soul Eater. After the Station is shattered, the only key left to be seen is the Kingdom Key, Soul Eater is not visible anymore. I always took the Kingdom Key as a symbol for Sora (because it is his first key) and Soul Eater for Riku. At least, as a symbol for Sora and Riku from Kingdom Hearts 1. So what I'm wondering about is: Why was it those keys that shattered the Station of Awakening? Looking at this from a metaphorical view it is probably meant to symbolize that Riku and Sora shattered it, even if just in a dream (because the Station of Awakening is usually presented as a dream world), which stands in total opposite of what Sora actually does: Save Ventus. Riku's connection to Ventus is even non-existent in the game.

I couldn't find a good explanation for this scene and since the openings are not put together from random scenes or anything like that, I am curious about a deeper meaning. Any opinions on this?

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Aqua seeing Ven's SoA shatter might reference her visiting Destiny Islands. In it she saw that Terra had given the Keyblade's power to Riku, but she didn't give it to Sora because she didn't want them to fight like her and Terra might have to later, and she asked Sora to keep Riku on the right path.

Obviously they end up fighting in the end, and the fight leads to Sora sacrificing himself, creating Roxas (who looks like Ventus). I guess that's what it is?

Other than that, maybe the Kingdom Key and Soul Eater could represent a pure light (Ventus), and a pure darkness (Vanitas) with the clash damaging his heart.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I doubt there’s a bigger reasoning behind it other than “Sora and Riku are the main protagonists and are also featured in this game, plus, they’re kind of connected to these three heroes. Let’s feature them in the opening somehow”, which just happened in the form of their Keyblades.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I doubt there’s a bigger reasoning behind it other than “Sora and Riku are the main protagonists and are also featured in this game, plus, they’re kind of connected to these three heroes. Let’s feature them in the opening somehow”, which just happened in the form of their Keyblades.

This.
Also it's not like shattering the Station was represented as a bad thing: by doing that, Ventus was revealed.
It's probably a metaphor of the people Sora and Riku need to save.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
They represent light (KK) and dark (SE). Them breaking Ven's station (his heart) represents how his heart is broken into two halves -- light and dark.

Theta

I'm sure it was just a red herring. It was meant to mislead us into thinking that Vanitas and Riku were related somehow. They did this a lot really: Their outfits, the scene you mention, the other scene in the opening where Vanitas reaches out his had to Ventus, and how Vanitas would taunt with "C'mon, I thought you were stronger than that" (I forget the exact wording).

And frankly, I think they took it too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back