• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did some organization members NOT have yellow/orange eyes?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haxon

Isnt it kinda racist of them making XH Black cuz he has the power of darkness . . .

Paupu911

well from what I know, the closer you are to the darkness, your eyes become yellow (maybe orange, not sure). but they were rejected from both light and darkness, so I guess it's their natural eye color.

Muse

you look atrocious
well from what I know, the closer you are to the darkness, your eyes become yellow (maybe orange, not sure). but they were rejected from both light and darkness, so I guess it's their natural eye color.

The closer you are to darkness, your eyes shift to either orange or yellow.

I'd say that the eye color is carried over to the Nobody from when they fell into darkness.

M

Miss.SkateboardP

Eye color... I always thought it was symbolic of something. I mean Ansem the Wise and Xenort/Xemnas. Teacher and pupil...once. But what can I say... it may have to do with darkness on some level.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Eye color... I always thought it was symbolic of something. I mean Ansem the Wise and Xenort/Xemnas. Teacher and pupil...once. But what can I say... it may have to do with darkness on some level.
Sorry, I don't know a Xenort. But I do know a Xehanort. :p

It's simply because AtW and Xehanort[though with brown eyes before] both fell in darkness thus, the yellow eyes. Nomura confirmed that yellow eyes = fell into darkness.

EDIT: Quick question, if Xehanort does return in KH3, will he have yellow eyes instead of brown eyes?

RisingOblivion

Like I have said many times I don't think the creators of the game really think that much about eye color. Maybe on some of the most important characters but not on all of the characters.

Muse

you look atrocious
when has that ever been stated? isn't that just speculation from theories trying to prove Terra=Xehanort?

No, it's been confirmed that yellow eyes = falling into darkness. Or do you have some other explanation as to why Terra's eyes turned yellow in the middle of the secret trailer? :/

Quick question, if Xehanort does return in KH3, will he have yellow eyes instead of brown eyes?

Most likely, presuming that this would be after he fell to darkness. If he fell into darkness right before he turned into a Heartless/Nobody, I don't see why he wouldn't still retain yellow eyes afterwards.

Like I have said many times I don't think the creators of the game really think that much about eye color. Maybe on some of the most important characters but not on all of the characters.

Ya wanna know something neat? There are only a select few individiuals with yellow/orange eyes. AtW, Xehanort, MX, Xigbar, and Saix. And none of them seem like that haven't fallen into darkness at all, imo.

For the rest of the characters, yes, eye color is not important. That's why a majority of eye color happens to be blue. Blue doesn't mean anything, but it's just a color they use for a lot of characters.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
For the rest of the characters, yes, eye color is not important. That's why a majority of eye color happens to be blue. Blue doesn't mean anything, but it's just a color they use for a lot of characters.
And we all know TN is crazy for blue eyes. :p

DarkGuardian

Come to think of it.
Could this have something to do with the entire "Evil eyes" thingy to do with that old man and Terra in Birth By Sleep?
o_O

Muse

you look atrocious
Come to think of it.
Could this have something to do with the entire "Evil eyes" thingy to do with that old man and Terra in Birth By Sleep?
o_O

Yes. It has everything to do with that.

In KH, yellow eyes means that you are falling into darkness. That's why some of the more obvious dark guys in the game have yellow/orange eyes, such as Xemnas, Xehanort, Ansem SoD, and MX. AtW also has said yellow eyes, which may be a result of his heart falling into darkness after being betrayed by his apprentices and becoming consumed with rage. Terra's eyes changing from blue to yellow in the ending is just a physical sign of him falling into darkness.

tl;dr: Yellow eyes = falling into darkness.

DarkGuardian

Yes. It has everything to do with that.

In KH, yellow eyes means that you are falling into darkness. That's why some of the more obvious dark guys in the game have yellow/orange eyes, such as Xemnas, Xehanort, Ansem SoD, and MX. AtW also has said yellow eyes, which may be a result of his heart falling into darkness after being betrayed by his apprentices and becoming consumed with rage. Terra's eyes changing from blue to yellow in the ending is just a physical sign of him falling into darkness.

tl;dr: Yellow eyes = falling into darkness.

OOOOOH RIIIIIGHT! =]
Thanks for the information.

Umm, what about Riku though?
I thought he fell to darkness some time ago...?
His eyes are still blue. (I think) ><"

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Riku's a tad different. He was at first too weak, so XH managed to take advantage of him, and he was seen struggling with the Darkness all through KH1. More so than falling in the sense the other yellow eyed people did, he was more close to becoming a Heartless than "just" being tainted.

Then it wasn't just the eyes, but his entire external appearance when he turned into XH against Roxas.

Then came KH2, and showed us Riku being an exception yet again. AtW described losing his sense of self and his mind, and that's why he turned to the Darkness eventually. If you can't beat them, join them. What sustained him was also his rage and thirst for revenge. Riku was the exact opposite, and thus, despite using the Darkness, he still retains his aquamarine eyes, since he's still himself.

DarkGuardian

Riku's a tad different. He was at first too weak, so XH managed to take advantage of him, and he was seen struggling with the Darkness all through KH1. More so than falling in the sense the other yellow eyed people did, he was more close to becoming a Heartless than "just" being tainted.

Then it wasn't just the eyes, but his entire external appearance when he turned into XH against Roxas.

Then came KH2, and showed us Riku being an exception yet again. AtW described losing his sense of self and his mind, and that's why he turned to the Darkness eventually. If you can't beat them, join them. What sustained him was also his rage and thirst for revenge. Riku was the exact opposite, and thus, despite using the Darkness, he still retains his aquamarine eyes, since he's still himself.

I see...
Thanks for the reply.
I was thinking along the lines of you, but unfortunatly, I've forgotten most of my information on KH. ><

Lepxar

Actually, eye color is VERY important in character design. It's not just about making the colors look nice with whatever the heck they're wearing... I know this since I've studied character design and animation. Eye color is a key factor in helping you understand what kind of characters they are. For example blue is a common eye color given to protagonists since it makes them appear pure or innocent. Game creators also hold this belief that people are the most drawn to blue eye color, based from what they've observed.

Now, getting to the actual topic-I've tried to figure out Organization XIII members' eye colors for the longest time-and I've noticed some traits that those with same eye color share.

Greenish blue-Axel, Larxene, Luxord, and Demyx: These guys all seem to be straight up traitors. They're traitors who know exactly what they're doing. Like Axel deliberately switches sides, Larxene has...fun being a traitor, Luxord knows how to deceive people-in KHII, he made Jack believe he was agreeing to the Parley, but he turned his back on him, and Demyx just refuses to carry out his duty responsibly for the organization. He like runs away when he was supposed to stop Sora in the Cave of the Dead. They seem to be somewhat ruthless and indecisive at times as well. Another key fact is that they all manipulate people to think a certain way about them.

Blue: Marluxia, Zexion, Lexaeus: These guys play innocent but are kind of bad news since they're unaware of the things they do. They believe that they are doing the right thing. Plus they are all very ambitious and blunt about what they want

Green: Vexen. Perhaps envy. He seems very vengeful and somewhat envious of the other members. He wishes to get treated with more respect and seemed to envy Marluxia for being in charge when he's supposed to be the senior member

Purple: Xaldin. Purple is an eye color found in parts of Asia and Africa. Xaldin seems Asian so maybe that's why? It could also mean mixed personalities. Purple eyes are also given to refined characters-likewise, he speaks formally and remains pretty calm and relaxed when threatening Beast

Yellow/amber/gold/whatever: Xemnas, Xigbar, and Saix: I think everyone else have explained enough.Shows that these guys are real bad news. They're the actual threats who are sure of their goals. When they were somebodies, they were definitely those who succumbed to darkness and displayed negative traits. Saix did not have yellow eyes when he was a somebody, but he got em after becoming a nobody. He could have been like Terra. He chose to follow the dark path-in KHII, he always did and followed what Xemnas wanted him to accomplish. Plus he was nuts-in his battle, he goes bipolar/berserk bc of the moon. I guess the craziness and moon comes into play as well-all three of these guys are hungry for what the Moon would bring for them if they had succeeded. Yellow and gold eyes are also given to characters who appear mysterious and think outside the box-like coming up with new ways to use the heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back