• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did Roxas go through The Awakening in KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Noheart

its about roxas realizing his past memories. sora went through it which was setting his fate and roxas went through it rembering his memories.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Smile said:
Not being said specifically =\= lack of conclusive evidence.

Actually, it is:

Not being specifically said or demonstrated = lack of conclusive evidence

The only theme both Sora and Roxas' Awakenings seem to have in common is:

1) Preparing the individual to face the challenges ahead

2) Equipping the individual with the resources to fight

Sora's Awakening lacking any definite connection to the Keyblade is why the Awakenings might not necessarily be about the Keyblade.

A

Audo

Shouldn't he have gone through it during Days?
Who's to say he didn't? Need I remind people we didn't see anything that happened between Days 2-6? Easily could have happened in there.
Not being shown =/= it couldn't have happened really.

I suppose it's because he technically "forgot" how to use the Keyblade and had to go through all that to have proper use of it again.
This.

Riku went through the Awakening.
Just because it wasn't shown doesn't mean he didn't go through one.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Not being specifically said or demonstrated = lack of conclusive evidence

No, it isn't. That's just you playing dumb. They don't have to spoon-feed us every last detail ever.

1) Preparing the individual to face the challenges ahead

2) Equipping the individual with the resources to fight

And that both Sora and Roxas got Keyblades immediately to shortly afterwards. Which is, ya know, a pretty damn important thing in common.

Sora's Awakening lacking any definite connection to the Keyblade is why the Awakenings might not necessarily be about the Keyblade.

If you wanna look at that scene alone, yes. However
1) Don't ignore Roxas's circumstances. That does show a link to the Keyblade, what with him going through it after Namine called out to him to use the Keyblade.
2) Mickey. He's the voice in the Destati that we know was trying to reach Riku only that Riku's Heart was blocked by Darkness. He turned to Sora once that failed - and as we know, Mickey was looking for the Keyblade Wielder. Why else would he call out to Sora if not because he was next in line for the KK?

Key of Valor

The Professor
Smile said:
No, it isn't. That's just you playing dumb. They don't have to spoon-feed us every last detail ever.

You're confusing though the conclusively proven with the assumed.

Smile said:
And that both Sora and Roxas got Keyblades immediately to shortly afterwards. Which is, ya know, a pretty damn important thing in common.

Sora accidentally received a Keyblade a day after his Awakening.
Roxas had his Keyblade all along, but regained his Keyblade in Virtual Twilight Town two days before his Awakening. Their two Awakening's don't show a trend in relation to their acquisition of a Keyblade.

Smile said:
1) Don't ignore Roxas's circumstances. That does show a link to the Keyblade, what with him going through it after Namine called out to him to use the Keyblade.

In Roxas' situation, he needed the power to fight. His Awakening prepared Roxas to defend himself and to keep moving forward. Roxas' Awakening trained him with the Keyblade because Roxas had possession of the Keyblade, so it was natural to equip him with the resources Roxas access for his training.

Smile said:
2) Mickey. He's the voice in the Destati that we know was trying to reach Riku only that Riku's Heart was blocked by Darkness. He turned to Sora once that failed - and as we know, Mickey was looking for the Keyblade Wielder. Why else would he call out to Sora if not because he was next in line for the KK?

Sora received his Keyblade though by pure coincidence. Unless Mickey could somehow tell the future, he would likely have no way of knowing that Sora would gain possession of a Keyblade. Therefore, Mickey would likely contact Sora for some other purpose unrelated to the Keyblade, which would make Sora's Awakening unrelated to the Keyblade.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You're confusing though the conclusively proven with the assumed.

Not quite. There's only so far you can go with the benefit of the doubt.

Sora accidentally received a Keyblade a day after his Awakening.

I doubt Mickey'd have wasted his time on someone who accidentally got a Keyblade.

Roxas had his Keyblade all along, but regained his Keyblade in Virtual Twilight Town two days before his Awakening. Their two Awakening's don't show a trend in relation to their acquisition of a Keyblade.

You're confusing the virtual Kingdom Key with his proper one, which he only managed to use after his Destati.

Unless Mickey could somehow tell the future

While I know this is retcon -
BBS.
Mickey knew all he had to.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Smile said:
I doubt Mickey'd have wasted his time on someone who accidentally got a Keyblade.

Well Sora may have had other qualities that would have been worth Mickey's time. The Awakening seemed to focus on Sora's ability to open the Door to the Light, so perhaps that was the basis for which Mickey trained Sora.

Smile said:
While I know this is retcon -
BBS.
Mickey knew all he had to.

I'm not sure if events in BBS would allow Mickey to "tell the future", but I agree that events in BBS may allow Mickey to become aware of events that may happen in the future... (sort of like, if someone told him that Riku was chosen to wield the Keyblade, then Mickey would know that Riku would receive the Keyblade in the future) Still though, Sora received the Kingdom Key by accident, so it wasn't an occurrence planned in the past that could be foreseen. Mickey was very knowledgeable in KH1 though, so even if it's difficult to imagine how he would acquire such knowledge, I suppose there is the possibility that he became aware that Sora would receive a Keyblade.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well Sora may have had other qualities that would have been worth Mickey's time. The Awakening seemed to focus on Sora's ability to open the Door to the Light, so perhaps that was the basis for which Mickey trained Sora.

Seeing how the closest to the DtL we had was at the end of KH2 and I don't trust Sora about it being that as far as he can throw Riku, I doubt that was what was all about. To top it all, opening the DtL seems only too likely to relate to the Keyblade, seeing how that was the main focus of events throughout the series, not the DtL.

I'm not sure if events in BBS would allow Mickey to "tell the future", but I agree that events in BBS may allow Mickey to become aware of events that may happen in the future...

...not literally, goofball. But people in BBS were on DI, and we don't know exactly which of them came into contact with SR aside from Terra. Mickey might've known about Sora specifically, or just called out to Ven for all we know, who's linked to Sora.
There's more than enough ways BBS could explain him coming to Sora aside from coincidence.

(sort of like, if someone told him that Riku was chosen to wield the Keyblade, then Mickey would know that Riku would receive the Keyblade in the future)

And he did indeed try to call out to him, as shown in the first final mix, only Riku's Heart was covered by Darkness by then.

Still though, Sora received the Kingdom Key by accident

You don't get Keyblades by accident. Nomura made that quite clear.

Mickey was very knowledgeable in KH1 though, so even if it's difficult to imagine how he would acquire such knowledge, I suppose there is the possibility that he became aware that Sora would receive a Keyblade.

How about he knew everything that was needed to know throughout the entire game?

Key of Valor

The Professor
Smile said:
Seeing how the closest to the DtL we had was at the end of KH2 and I don't trust Sora about it being that as far as he can throw Riku, I doubt that was what was all about. To top it all, opening the DtL seems only too likely to relate to the Keyblade, seeing how that was the main focus of events throughout the series, not the DtL.

But during Sora's Awakening, The Door to Light and Sora's heart were the two main subjects, and in KH2 it was emphasized that the Door to Light and Sora's heart were connected. The Door to Light hasn't been said to be related to the Keyblade. It's possible that the Keyblade is connected to the Door to Light, but there little to indicate that being the case.

Smile said:
But people in BBS were on DI, and we don't know exactly which of them came into contact with SR aside from Terra. Mickey might've known about Sora specifically, or just called out to Ven for all we know, who's linked to Sora.
There's more than enough ways BBS could explain him coming to Sora aside from coincidence.

Mickey still wouldn't have known that Sora was going to snatch Riku's Keyblade.

Smile said:
You don't get Keyblades by accident. Nomura made that quite clear.

Really? How did Nomura make that clear?

Smile said:
How about he knew everything that was needed to know throughout the entire game?

The question is how did he know everything that was needed to know throughout the entire game.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
But during Sora's Awakening, The Door to Light and Sora's heart were the two main subjects, and in KH2 it was emphasized that the Door to Light and Sora's heart were connected. The Door to Light hasn't been said to be related to the Keyblade. It's possible that the Keyblade is connected to the Door to Light, but there little to indicate that being the case.

And that's where Roxas's Destati comes into play, relating not at all to the DtL. So even IF Sora is related to the DtL, it is not through the Destati.

Mickey still wouldn't have known that Sora was going to snatch Riku's Keyblade.

Or maybe that's why he helped him go through the Destati - to make sure he will should the chance arise. Otherwise, Riku'd have taken the Keyblade with him to Maleficent.

Really? How did Nomura make that clear?

Saying that Keyblades' appearances and wielding it aren't mundane matters. You get a Keyblade of your own, it means something, not a coincidence.
Differentiating here having a Keyblade you can actually summon and holding one so we won't get into the whole Kairi mess.

The question is how did he know everything that was needed to know throughout the entire game.

Pfft. It's Mickey. Since when is being a Dues Ex Machina foreign to him?

Key of Valor

The Professor
Smile said:
Or maybe that's why he helped him go through the Destati - to make sure he will should the chance arise. Otherwise, Riku'd have taken the Keyblade with him to Maleficent.

It still seems to me that Mickey would be preparing for too unlikely of an occurrence. A lot of pieces had to line up for Sora to gain possession of Riku's Keyblade.

Smile said:
Saying that Keyblades' appearances and wielding it aren't mundane matters. You get a Keyblade of your own, it means something, not a coincidence.

It sounds like something Nomura would say. Could you provide the quote from the interview though?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It still seems to me that Mickey would be preparing for too unlikely of an occurrence. A lot of pieces had to line up for Sora to gain possession of Riku's Keyblade.

And yet they did. If Mickey knew about Riku's Keyblade - which it seems he did know, going by how he tried to call out to him, he must've known the Keyblade transferal was possible.

It sounds like something Nomura would say. Could you provide the quote from the interview though?

I think it's from Another Report but I'm not sure.

TalyaH

didn't roxas experience sora's memories as he re-experienced them when namine restored them? so wouldn't roxas experience the destati as sora re-experiences it ?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
didn't roxas experience sora's memories as he re-experienced them when namine restored them? so wouldn't roxas experience the destati as sora re-experiences it ?

I'd sooner blame it on a Destati Roxas himself had, seeing how the Sora Memories were dreams, while the Virtual Twilight Town was based on Roxas's own Memories. However, it seems to be a Destati all of its own.

Axens

Banned
I think his awakening in KH 2 happened there and not in days because it was fortelling of his fusion back with Sora. Sora was beginning to remember everything again, so that probabl caused a chain reaction with Roxas who went through an awakening prior to everything happening to him that enabled him to start remembering things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back