• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did Namine decide to become part of Kairi?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukara

Awards
I always wondered why Namine decided to merge with Kairi, because she coexisted normally with her. After all, the merger with Kairi, she only complicated the task of saving Sora for those who suffer. Her knowledge would be very useful for Sora and the rest to save Roxas, Xion, Terra, Aqua and Ventus.
I want to know your opinion on this?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Naminé couldn't really help it after coming into physical contact with Kairi in the World that Never Was. The fusion begins immediately upon touching, and she blinks in-and-out of existence when they escape from the cell. I kind of got the implication she was holding on until Riku showed up, after which point, she vanishes and when she's seen again, the fusion has been completed.

Naminé also states, during her reunion with Roxas, that until that point she thought Nobodies were doomed to fade into Darkness. Naminé may not have known about the completion process, or that she at that point, had her own heart. So, keeping that in mind, Naminé must have assumed that if anyone did come after her (as many did) and succeeded in destroying her, that would be the end of her. Total oblivion.

D

Deleted member 246005

I don't think Nomura had the Xehanort saga that planned out yet nor knew what to do with her as a character. So her returning to Kairi was what he came up with it and a way to tidy things up.

In story Namine seems to suffer from low self-esteem and never valued her own existance that much. I don't think she had other plans besides stopping the organization and restoring Sora. She probably was gonna return to Kairi anyway, it was just a question of when.

sephydark

Awards
Well, it seemed like she couldn't really stop it after she touched Kairi. But I also got the impression she believed what DiZ was saying about how nobodies can't have hearts and don't have a right to exist by the beginning of KH2, so she probably didn't fight it to hard for those reasons.

metro96

Evergreen tweet right here

I don't think Nomura had the Xehanort saga that planned out yet nor knew what to do with her as a character. So her returning to Kairi was what he came up with it and a way to tidy things up.

In story Namine seems to suffer from low self-esteem and never valued her own existance that much. I don't think she had other plans besides stopping the organization and restoring Sora. She probably was gonna return to Kairi anyway, it was just a question of when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back