• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why DDD shouldn't have an FM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'd like to start by saying first, the option is possible for FM, but it just seems pointless to me.

Anyway, I was thinking about it a little while back playing a few games, when I thought about how a lot of games now in days (from what I've seen) generally never receive collector's editions since now we have DLC. I believe that's the case for inFamous 2, Final Fantasy XIII-2, along with the Batman Arkham games.

And, according to this article here, it seems that the 3DS, just like the PS3 & co. can receive DLC as well that you can purchase.

http://aggregame.com/news/2011/12/28/paid-dlc-coming-to-the-3ds/

So what my point of the topic is, when the 3DS has the options for DLC, is it really possible (or even a smart idea) for SE to release an FM version of DDD, if that even crosses their mind, versus DLC since FM's are never released elsewhere, whereas DLC tends to be? SE has said XIII-2 is their experiment with DLC, which makes me believe that, seeing as how I've also pointed out similarities between DDD and XIII-2 with some gameplay stuff (Dream Eater Crystarium! =3), is it possible they'll do DLC for DDD versus an FM/Collector's edition, like they're currently doing with XIII-2.

I'm really leaning on the idea Nomura will want to add something to DDD later on.

But I dunno, maybe I'm just pointlessly rambling.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Yeah, I agree. I think the content they added to BBSFM should also have been DLC.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
It kinda is, but since this is a main game it could get a final mix.

Lonbilly

Awards
I always thought Final Mix seemed like more of a Sony thing.

It tends to be just the KH's that land on Sony systems, but since DDD has said to be a mix of a bridge game and a main game, I'm expecting we'll end up getting some type of second version (be it FM or a "Re:").

I just really expect an FM, to be honest. Which is why I think it would be smarter for the extra's should be DLC instead of a Japan-exclusive version.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
there is soo much alredy in it why would they make a fm

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
there is soo much alredy in it why would they make a fm

You could say the same thing for BBS,but we got a Final Mix. (Granted it had nowhere near as much new content as the two PS2 Final Mixes.)

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
DLC for a KH game would be so great, especiall for all the KH fans outside of Japan that have never played, or maybe even heard of those FM games. But I just can't see it happening even though it'd be a good idea. I think we would have heard about something like that by now.

Lonbilly

Awards
DLC for a KH game would be so great, especiall for all the KH fans outside of Japan that have never played, or maybe even heard of those FM games. But I just can't see it happening even though it'd be a good idea. I think we would have heard about something like that by now.

I could be wrong, but I think that the DLC for XIII-2 was announced around the time it was being released, like about a week before. Or something. But I could be wrong.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'd rather there be no FM, but past patterns make the odds slim. And it being released as DLC instead seems slim too, since that was possible with the PSP too. It's a main game, and once it's released, if Nomura decides that he wants something added, I imagine an FM will come out.

Oran

Awards
I think their will be an FM to DDD because from what iv seen it does look like a big title (and a confusing one at that). Ya the idea of DLC does sond nice then the chances of an FM coming overseas will increase but I honestly doubt it will happen. But then again stranger things have happened

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd rather there be no FM, but past patterns make the odds slim. And it being released as DLC instead seems slim too, since that was possible with the PSP too. It's a main game, and once it's released, if Nomura decides that he wants something added, I imagine an FM will come out.

Thing is, back in the days of BBS, SE hadn't been big on DLC and had little games that utilized it. Jump a year ahead and 2011 with Dissidia 012 is almost like a DLC party for SE. And now in 2012 with XIII-2 and Theatrhythm...

It is entirely possible for DLC to be a more viable option for SE to take, especially since they need to learn how to move forward with the times. At the same time DLC has its downsides.

They are trying to become more appealing to a Western fanbase (obvious on their approach with XIII-2 and the DLC content), but they are trying to follow a mold that doesn't exist. Instead, they need to learn how to adapt and shift with their target audience's needs and wants WHILE maintaining good storytelling and gameplay. Reasonably priced DLC released worldwide will bring in a lot more money than any Final Mix released only in Japan would and would appease most fans in some form.

Lonbilly

Awards
Reasonably priced DLC released worldwide will bring in a lot more money than any Final Mix released only in Japan would and would appease most fans in some form.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure SE has to have some sort of love for money, so I'd think they'd go the way of more money (worldwide DLC) versus a tradition that is getting old/obsolete (a Japan-exclusive FM).

Although, the DLC does need to be reasonably priced. XIII-2 is good at that with the Coliseum prices, but the costume prices are bit too much, in my opinion. So if Sora & Riku get the possibility of changing clothes I'd hope DLC outfits aren't more than a dollar (is that too cheap?)

Besides, I think it's highly unlikely that SE/Nomura wouldn't want to add something onto DDD, be it bosses or side missions or something.

BagelBreath

Awards
I'd hope DLC outfits aren't more than a dollar (is that too cheap?)
A dollar for a Riku + Sora costume seems reasonable to me.
I wouldn't pay more than that, if I even decide to purchase costumes, which I probably won't. Waste of money IMO.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure SE has to have some sort of love for money, so I'd think they'd go the way of more money (worldwide DLC) versus a tradition that is getting old/obsolete (a Japan-exclusive FM).

Although, the DLC does need to be reasonably priced. XIII-2 is good at that with the Coliseum prices, but the costume prices are bit too much, in my opinion. So if Sora & Riku get the possibility of changing clothes I'd hope DLC outfits aren't more than a dollar (is that too cheap?)

Besides, I think it's highly unlikely that SE/Nomura wouldn't want to add something onto DDD, be it bosses or side missions or something.

You described my sentiments on XIII-2's DLC exactly. The coliseum matches are very reasonably priced IMO, and the DLC scenarios sound pretty well priced, too. It's just the outfits that are kind of overpriced :/ If they were like costume packs maybe, one for each of them, I could accept $2.99 but otherwise...I think a dollar sounds reasonable to me :p

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I don't know how much these FM games cost if they are more costly than the versions before them, but the cost of DLC would be far lower I could imagine. The cost of an entire game vs the cost of a bit of DLC might be a factor.

We are far past the point where FMs are more than able to become DLC. Square has very little to excuse themselves from making FM content into DLC. What have they really got to lose?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

The thing you have to take into account it, the Final Mixes aren't just a way to add-on more content, they also include the English tracks for all the original cutscenes and allow the player to hear what the US voices sound like compared to the Japanese. However, re-releasing the game with just a different audio track isn't enough to pull in buyers, so they include extra content as well to entice people. I think with the option of DLC now, and the fact that I believe SE is much more comfortable with it (more so than they were with BbS), I wouldn't be shocked if they made a Final Mix in Japan that came with the new audio, and just released that content as DLC worldwide.

A dollar for a Riku + Sora costume seems reasonable to me.
I wouldn't pay more than that, if I even decide to purchase costumes, which I probably won't. Waste of money IMO.

I think $3 per costume is a bit much for one single costume -__-However, I would buy anything and everything that they release as DLC for the game as I want my game to have EVERYTHING!!!

We are far past the point where FMs are more than able to become DLC. Square has very little to excuse themselves from making FM content into DLC. What have they really got to lose?

Keep in mind that the audio tracks for all the cutscenes can't really be DLC, as that would be a huge file. However, I think they could easily release the content as DLC in other countries at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back