• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why aren't the Final Mixes released in America? Is there a reason?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnlockedMemories

I mean, with KH being a very popular series in the US as well, along with Disney being an American company, one would think that the Final Mixes would be released in America with a good success.

But, none of them made it over. Is there a reason?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Remakes in America usually don't get very good sales.
In Japan, Remakes do get good sales.
Look at Re:CoM.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
My understanding of it: America got a lot of extra features in the regular releases of KH1 and KH2, and the Japanese fans complained a lot. Square Enix got scared, so they made rereleases of the games and named them the "Final Mixes" because they were not going to release any more extra features for those particular games, I guess. NA's KH1 had Phantom, Kurt Zisa, Sephiroth, and Ice Titan as extra bosses that the JN version did not have. NA's KH2 had some extra stuff too.

Basically, the Final Mixes are not exported because the NA versions of the games have more content than the JN versions. To remedy this, they could simply NOT GIVE THE NA VERSIONS EXTRA CONTENT. But instead of doing that, they decided to continue to be unfair...

*Z*

Maybe in the future they'll make a special bundle that has all the Final Mixes in English.

It'd be kind of hard though, seeing how Haley and the others will have grown up voices by then.

YoshiAngemon

There's still the choice of bringing them over to the PS3, and we could have a KH Collection, remastered for HD, with KH1 (Final Mix), Re:Chain of Memories (now with Interconnectivity with KH2), and KH2 (Also, Final Mix). Since the PS2 is on its way out, the lemmings could jump off the cliff after their precious bait, they could get the bait, the idea has merit.

Translation: PS2 goes away, Square Enix releases KH: Final Mix Collection for PS3, we buy, and fans still have Kingdom Hearts!

Allister Rose

French Lover
My understanding of it: America got a lot of extra features in the regular releases of KH1 and KH2, and the Japanese fans complained a lot. Square Enix got scared, so they made rereleases of the games and named them the "Final Mixes" because they were not going to release any more extra features for those particular games, I guess. NA's KH1 had Phantom, Kurt Zisa, Sephiroth, and Ice Titan as extra bosses that the JN version did not have. NA's KH2 had some extra stuff too.

Basically, the Final Mixes are not exported because the NA versions of the games have more content than the JN versions. To remedy this, they could simply NOT GIVE THE NA VERSIONS EXTRA CONTENT. But instead of doing that, they decided to continue to be unfair...
actually kingdom hearts 2 didn't have any extras like kh1 and khBBS did. it was just because nomura wanted to add more considering the first version didn't have much.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
I was hoping that that wasn't true... It makes the Final Mixes even more ridiculous.

Yeah, the only changes to NA/EU KHII I know of, were the censoring. And a few bosses becoming invulnarable during their Desperation moves.
Anyone who knows others?

NA's KH1 had Phantom, Kurt Zisa, Sephiroth, and Ice Titan as extra bosses that the JN version did not have.

I had actually heard that Phantom was in the JP KHI. I'm not entirely sure though as I only have the FM version of it.

Because there's people who actually like to buy a game twice just after having the original version for less than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back