• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

why aren't people more hyped for Oogie Boogie and HD Namine?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DualWielding

they sound pretty broken, I would think people would be as hyped about them as they were for Ill Kh2 Kairi

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I think people *are* hyped about them. I've seen plenty of discussion of these medals around (not particularly on this forum).

Personally I actually don't get the hype.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yeah, they don't seem that useful to me, either. I'm more hyped for Kairi 0.2, but she is mobths aways, soo.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
It would help to understand how the medals actually work.

Say if I have a keyblade where I can place HD Namine in the last slot of a keyblade that gives her a really good multiplier, and she copies the friend medal after her, which could be a fully guilted tier 5, would she then attack with the power of that guilted tier 5 medal as if it were in her slot with the full multiplier and everything?

Even still, that only applies to places you can use friend medals...

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
They sound interesting, but I could really only see my using these on my WoFF cloud or Kairi medals. They could work, but I'm not sure what I'd want to replace to make room for one or both of them.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
From what I've learned on Gamefaqs, HD Namine and co work as follows:

Their Keyblade Multiplier and Special Attack multiplier are used to determine damage.
The Element, Special Ability, and Target Radius of the copied Medal are used to determine the attack's form. Not sure about Skill or Trait.

So basically, If you have, say, HD Namine on slot 4 of DR and Marluxia B on slot 5, Slot 4's multiplier and Namine's Guilt% would affect the damage, but it would be a single hit Speed type AoE attack. Switching Marluxia B for Xigbar B would make it a Single Target 6 hit Speed Type attack with the GDD-2 effect that ignore attributes.

So it literally copies the element, ability, and target type of the medal being copied, but relies on Namine's own Special Attack multiplier for damage output. So unless max Guilted, Namine, Oogie, and the Key Arts with the ability wouldn't do exactly the same damage, but assuming Namine's own Traits factor in as well, if she were to get EA40, you could theorectically use the copied medal 3-4 times (4 if the copied medal has EA40 as well, since it would have 2 uses). Not as massive for damage medal as it is for buffers/debuffers, since you'd be able to stack the effect to ridiculous levels with the right setup.

So they're not really gamechanging per se since you need to Guilt them for best damage output, but used right can be a potent force in battles and in Proud Mode, as Namine being Single Target means you can use her special in Single Target restricted missions, but copy an AoE medal and still hit everything without worry. Could be very handy.

There's part of me hoping Oogie becomes another VIP Medal as a result, since if he goes in a HSC I don't see Guilting him to be as easy...or rolling the right trait.

DualWielding

If I understand how they work correctly they copy type, ability and multiplier but apply the slot multiplier and their own guilt level... so lets say you have Oogie Boogie in the last slot of the treasure trove with 130% guilt and before it you have an HD Beast with 0 dots... Boogie would do an attack that has the same multiplier as HD beast (4.25) and have the same ability (Raised power based attack by 3) but apply the higher slot multiplier of the reverse slot and the 130% of boogie guilt... so you'll have a very strong single hit attack with +6 power strength... but if what you need is AOE... you can swap the HD Beast for an Illustrated Riku B with 0 dots... and you would have 2.70 AOE attack with + 4 power strength and 130% guilt bonus...

if it works like I think, then it's gonna be really useful for F2P and C2P players who can't guilt premiums left and right, we can invest our jewels/Mickey and Brooms/money into guilting just the copycat medals and they would work in a variety of situations... they are even future proofed because they'll still be able to copy whatever broken medals are released in the future....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back