• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are you here?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
My friend and I were just discussing this not too long ago. We're both in IB (short for International Baccalaureate Program) and when we first entered the program we were told we were in IB because "we were the best of the best, blah blah etc. etc." But of the 50 people in IB, I feel only maybe 7 actually belong there.

There are some people who don't do any of their work, fail/barely pass all of the tests, let others pull the weight in group projects and miraculously pass the class with a D. Some text the person next to them in class, hold conversations (right behind me at times) while the teacher is trying to speak, or skip knowing they'll get caught. And most times it's those same people who copy the work of others, or get information from others and just bs their way through tests because they're too lazy to do it themselves. I don't care what happens to them in the future, but it's annoying how I work hard to pass a class when they do nothing and breeze through it. It's almost like why should I bother?

I can see how the intelligent people who tend to slack got in. What really bothers me is that there are people who are about to graduate this year who still mix up "there","their", and "they're" and think that "hisself" and "conversate" are words. Admittedly, my grammar isn't all that great, but that's just ridiculous.

There was a girl in programming who needed my help (we were in our third year of programming at the time) and she really is willing to learn but she was so used to copying other people's programs, she didn't know the basics we learned in our first year of programming. And she had the option to take art instead of a third year of programming!

Do you think that these people who obviously don't care about/don't want to do the work should be in IB just because they're smarter than Honors students? Or do you think they should also want to learn or at the very least take their work seriously? Do you ever sit in a classroom, and just want to turn to the person next to you and ask "Why are you here?"

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I've felt like that many times. I was the smartest student in my entire school last year and took every advanced class possible. In those classes, I would see people who would, themselves, question why they were in the curriculum in the first place. I became victim to many copiers, tried to figure out how on earth some of them managed to make it through the previous grade, and why they are on good terms with the teachers. In the end, I just let them exist and got my butt to work.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I think they should just be told "you have one chance; if you screw it up, you're out of here" and then work by that. If they don't have the decency to even follow what's meant to be done, then get rid of them. I know I have the exact same problem in a lot of my classes; I seem to be the only one who actually does their homework on time, and keeps up to date with everything, where as everyone else is always saying "nghhhhhhh i can't find my book" or "i culdnt do eet cuz eye waz busy". It's an utter load of crap. If people can't do what they're meant to in the penultimate year of high school, then kick them down a grade. It's not fair that they still pass by doing practically nothing when others of us seem to pass as well, but have no better merits than they do.

/rant lol

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
It is extremely irritating to me when my classmates can shamelessly blow of their work and just copy off of whoever. I'll admit that once or twice I've felt like I had to 'collaborate' with my friends in certain circumstances.
Most of the time, these people have the potential to make it on their own but are too..immature to understand the value of honest, diligent, efforts. Others are just plain dumb, lol.

P.S. I'm in the IB too, and I don't think that a D average counts as "breezing" (though it is passing); when IB exams come around and they're the ones without all the points they need, you can wave your diploma in their faces =P

KH-fan4life

Website
www.kingdomhearts-bts.piczo.com
well, its not really in IB only (although this is the most important years of ur life in my opinion)
last year, there was a student in my class who kept kept getting suspended for a week everytime they broke the rules, (because of many "incidents" in their school history) but they never really got expelled
Also, because we're an "international school" we have students from all over the world--there are students in my higher-english class, who have a hard time explainig to the teacher what they want + they get low grades

anyhow, think of it this way, schools will put many students in the higher-subject classes (or in a certain IB program in ur case) to look like they teach really well
+ u'll find that most of these chosen ones, are really originally from that certain country
all countries are now developing as we know it, thay need their children to lead them in the future

oh and to answer ur last question, yes i always feel the urge to turn around and ask the person who's telling their incredible life story while im really trying to concentrate

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
well, its not really in IB only (although this is the most important years of ur life in my opinion)
last year, there was a student in my class who kept kept getting suspended for a week everytime they broke the rules, (because of many "incidents" in their school history) but they never really got expelled
Also, because we're an "international school" we have students from all over the world--there are students in my higher-english class, who have a hard time explainig to the teacher what they want + they get low grades

anyhow, think of it this way, schools will put many students in the higher-subject classes (or in a certain IB program in ur case) to look like they teach really well
+ u'll find that most of these chosen ones, are really originally from that certain country
all countries are now developing as we know it, thay need their children to lead them in the future

oh and to answer ur last question, yes i always feel the urge to turn around and ask the person who's telling their incredible life story while im really trying to concentrate

Aw, you must have an interesting IB experience. At my school we just get local idiots.

EDIT:
KH-fan4life said:
lol im not an IB student..>.>
i thought i made it obvious that i am not
Yeah, I misread

Last edited:

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
I became victim to many copiers, tried to figure out how on earth some of them managed to make it through the previous grade, and why they are on good terms with the teachers.

I used to let people copy. Now I just tell them if you really cared you would've done it on your own. I will help them if they need it, but copying me defeats the purpose.

saying "nghhhhhhh i can't find my book" or "i culdnt do eet cuz eye waz busy".

I love how they lose things teachers tell us over and over not to lose because we won't get another copy. And when they say "I was too busy to do it" and get mad when the teacher lectures them for it. Then they get an F and curse the teacher out for something that was their fault. It's ridiculous.

It is extremely irritating to me when my classmates can shamelessly blow of their work and just copy off of whoever.

I especially hate being paired with those people in group projects. Sometimes group projects might as well be solo projects for me, because I get stuck with most of the work. Worst of all, the person who did nothing gets an A too.

you can wave your diploma in their faces =P

assuming I get the diploma. That's really difficult.

this is especially charming during timed writing sessions.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Indeed. It's so utterly reidiculous on the student's behalf to even lose something, let alone not take care of it. Then not even having the decency to do it completely wastes the teacher and the students' time as well, because the teacher has to go back through things that the student should have covered within that work they were given. All in all, there's just a complete lack of responsibility by the majority of people in schools now, and it seems like the teachers are gradually becoming more and more lenient, which is a bad example, in the case that these people end up going into University/College.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
You know, it's not so bad when you realize that it's just practice for 'real life.'

There are always going to be people who are lazy, stupid, or cheaters. Learning how to deal with people like this is a skill that's going to be useful all throughout life, whether or not you've thought about it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back