• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are underwater sections the most hated?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The only underwater levels I don't like are the ones that require you to re-surface regularly for air. It makes it so you can't focus on anything because you're always on the verge of dying.

Anagram

Banned
The only underwater levels I don't like are the ones that require you to re-surface regularly for air. It makes it so you can't focus on anything because you're always on the verge of dying.

*has mario 64 flashbacks*

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

Agreed, I hated that about Mario 64. It was either go up for air or collect coins. Though, I do recall going into the water to avoid critical damage from falling off a high platform. I remember swimming under and coming up for air as my health got out of danger zone.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Hmmm...not sure if I know the scientific reasoning behind it....

According to my personal records, last game I played that had underwater sequences was Resident Evil: Revelations. Well....I suppose...when you're isolated on a tanker/cruiser...with infected crew...in the dark...underwater...all you can really do....is....NEVER PURCHASE A GAME WITH UNDERWATER SEQUENCES AGAIN!

Hm. I think I found my inner scientific reasoning...

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Water levels suck because they usually take a game that's fast paced and makes it feel super slow.

nah ice is the diddlying worst

Ice level mechanics are pretty much the same as water level mechanics except you're surrounded by death on all sides. Just like how food works at Golden Corral.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Water levels suck because they usually take a game that's fast paced and makes it feel super slow.

Ice level mechanics are pretty much the same as water level mechanics except you're surrounded by death on all sides. Just like how food works at Golden Corral.
i like golden corral but i assume florida's restaurants have you fight to the death while on PCP once you finish your meal so

For me, the hatred of under-water levels came from old school sonic, like the first and second sonic the hedgehog games. I was just scared the character would drown and I wouldn't be able to find the bubbles. That's when I was pretty young, like 5 or 6 I think.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
For me, the hatred of under-water levels came from old school sonic, like the first and second sonic the hedgehog games. I was just scared the character would drown and I wouldn't be able to find the bubbles. That's when I was pretty young, like 5 or 6 I think.

Yeah, I can hear you. Underwater levels seem to present the possibility of the character drowning. It just seems like a race to the surface and if you're deep underwater like in Mario 64, you can pretty much kiss your chances of survival goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back