• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are underwater sections the most hated?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoomKey

I really don't get it. Atlantica wasn't bad, the Water Temples aren't bad, the water worlds in Mario aren't really bad either. At least, that's my opinion. I really don't understand what's the problem with these small parts of video games.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
While I don't think they're terrible these might be reasons for other people:

• A new mechanic is introduced, some might have a harder time adapting to said mechanic
  • A jump in difficulty from previous level/location
  • The new enemies in the level/location
  • Tedious layout/gimmicks.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I can't say I dislike it in every game.
In Atlantica, the mechanics were sometimes troublesome. I constantly missed hits which cost me time and I hate that.
But there are games like...Spyro the dragon, e.g., in which water sections are completely okay for me, just because I don't think they're hard to control.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Personally I like most water levels. Now vertical levels, those are the bane of my existence.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Well, for me, the reason I don't like water levels is due to it's enemies.

I didn't like Unagi the Eel from Mario 64, because he unexpectedly lunges at you and gives you a lot of damage. Not to mention, he is pretty terrifying to look at. Maybe, that's just my opinion. He actually scared me more than the piano with teeth.

I had more trouble with the musical stages in Atlantica in Kingdom Hearts 2, though.

Kagayaki

Awards
Because they're so dang hard to move! I think movement is the most important part of video games. But there are also those who like a challenge. I just can't do Blitzball in Final Fantasy 10.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
So much can go wrong. It can introduce a ton of annoying mechanics such as drowning, new controls, or sluggishly slow movements, as well as remove useful mechanics that're standard in regular gameplay.

Anagram

Banned
I hate them for tediousness. Get out of order once and you can find yourself completely circling around or raising a water level five times. Also controls in water tend to be annoying in most games.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'd gladly take an underwater level over a desert level tbh. I hate hate hate desert levels. Mostly. There are some exceptions. But I don't have any strong feelings towards underwater levels, though I hella dug the underwater levels in FFX.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Because they're so dang hard to move! I think movement is the most important part of video games. But there are also those who like a challenge. I just can't do Blitzball in Final Fantasy 10.
I didn't far into FFX, because the game always froze on whatever PS2 I had.

But, anyways, I hated the water levels, because like you said movement. I just couldn't move like I could on dry land. It makes avoiding enemies more difficult, especially if your character can't swim fast.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Considering how slippery it is, you can barely avoid enemies as they seem to be unfazed by the slipperiness of the ice and you end up facing them in battle when you don't want to. I had this problem in Okami.

Oh my god ice in Okami. :'D Gotta hate.
Ice also sucked in Crash Bash. Does anyone remember that game? God....

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Oh my god ice in Okami. :'D Gotta hate.
Ice also sucked in Crash Bash. Does anyone remember that game? God....

Never heard of that game.

I did hate the ice levels in Okami, but I hated swimming as much. It put pressure on Okami and if you stayed in the water too long, Amaterasu could drown. I am glad that Orochi didn't have a head that could manipulate ice.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Ahh, it was a multiplayer Crash Bandicoot game for the Playstation 1. Like, you had to get points in mini games and beat your friends (or COMs). The ice-levels got a little frustrating sometimes if all the other characters focussed on you.

Rather then the possibility of drowning, I hated how slow swimming was in Okami. Glad you could use the lilipads later, they were a real relief.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Ahh, it was a multiplayer Crash Bandicoot game for the Playstation 1. Like, you had to get points in mini games and beat your friends (or COMs). The ice-levels got a little frustrating sometimes if all the other characters focussed on you.

Rather then the possibility of drowning, I hated how slow swimming was in Okami. Glad you could use the lilipads later, they were a real relief.

I also got the Water Tablet, that was a life saver.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I just tried to play Tomb Raider 2. Didn't go far at all and them water controls.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back