• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are people saying he was redeemed? (Spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
It seems a good majority of the people processed KH3 ending as
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited by a moderator:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: Why are people saying Xehanort was redeemed?

For a lot of fans, anything less than dancing on his charred corpse is unacceptable.

I wouldn't at all say he was redeemed, but when considering all that he's done, Xehanort was basically given a slap on the wrist.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I'd put some spoiler tags here and change the title to something more general.

As for the topic itself:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I spent a shameful amount of seconds thinking about Sephiroth's lines in KH II, wondering what they had to do with this.
I need to go to bed.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I spent a shameful amount of seconds thinking about Sephiroth's lines in KH II, wondering what they had to do with this.
I need to go to bed.

Ffff--- I'm laughing so much harder than should be physically allowed during this time of the night!! xD

darknessofheart

Awards
I think any arc with the grand villain not being shown burning in some type of literal or figurative flames will always be dividing. I was satisfied with Xehanort's demise because we basically saw five different versions of him getting their just desserts prior to the final battle and his expression as Sora, Donald, and Goody delivered the final blow was perfect in my opinion (almost as if he was saying to himself "you have got to be kidding me.").

After so many years of him being in control with careful planning and contingency upon contingency, it was so satisfying to see him at a loss for words and finally out of ideas. In Kingdom Hearts, everyone has some good in them, including Xehanort, which we only see when he was friends with Eraqus. That was seemingly the only time Xehanort was ever a genuinely good and carefree person. Seeing how Young Xehanort was also quite an evil punk before he left his childhood home, it seems fitting that a brother figure changed Xehanort for the better until his dark ambitions took over. Eraqus was the only family or friend Young Xehanort seemed to have or care about.

Eraqus passed on with his pupils mourning him while Xehanort was dying by himself until his only friend came to his aid. He was not redeemed; he simply accepted his defeat and realized it was not his destiny to lead. Had he lived and went about life with everyone else, that I would've had a problem with, but thankfully they did not go that route. He died as a result of his defeat and no one felt the need to push it any further because it wasn't worth it. Eraqus, not Xehanort, received the memoriam by Terra, Aqua, and Ventus, so I think they are just relieved he is finally gone and are more than happy to leave him as a bad memory.

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Pokie

For a lot of fans, anything less than dancing on his charred corpse is unacceptable.

I wouldn't at all say he was redeemed, but when considering all that he's done, Xehanort was basically given a slap on the wrist.

I felt like Sora and group was ready to give him the " reason why you suck speech " and get ready to smack him down once and for good,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It reminds me of how Nomura said last year, that he said that he related more towards the villains and not towards Sora, and it so shows.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

SerDuncan

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I need to go to bed.

This is a good one, lol.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I felt like Sora and group was ready to give him the " reason why you suck speech " and get ready to smack him down once and for good,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That's not really what's happening because Eraqus does not really excuse anything Xehanort did, I don't get from where you do get that impression. He ultimately orders Xehanort to finally stop causing more suffering and agrees that it is too late for both of them, meaning that the deeds they both did cannot be atoned for and the best resolution is for them both to move away and leave the other characters alone. Unlike Xehanort though, he does apologize to his students first.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Didnt Nomura say he was sad about certain characters that we would never see again? I think he may have wanted that to come across in the game.

Xehanort wasn't the only one to go out with dignity. Most of the other seekers did as well. With the exception of Young Xehanort, Rikunort, and Terranort. . I dont know why but those scenes oddly moved me for some reason and perhaps that was what Nomura was aiming for.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

darknessofheart

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

In a way, I think Nomura got to have his cake and eat it too. There is a scene where all the Keyblade wielders strike Xehanort when he was in front of Kingdom Hearts (even he was surprised and seemed to be in pain) and then gets defeated by Sora, pierced by light and seemingly drops dead. That could've been the end of it, but then we get the satisfaction of hearing his disbelief and Sora actually leaving him speechless. The rest was just a nice exploration of his character.

fantasy08

I will never be okay with this retcon. MX has a laundry list of atrocities dating from BBS on down. The entire main and supporting cast are his victims as well as countless worlds. I mean my god pretty much ten minutes before his 'I'm really a good guy teehee' he pretty much 'kills' Kairi in front of everyone.He is literally the definition of a complete monster, and yet one of his victims, his best friend who he freaking murdered, is the mastermind behind his 'redemption' and they even go to 'heaven' together. GTFOOH!

If any antagonist can cross the moral event horizon as strongly as he has( he pretty much broke it to pieces in the first game let along the ones after), and they still get a happy ending then what is the point of any of this? It's bad enough a bunch of mythos breaks keep occurring,but let's add even more to the no stakes or consequences smorgasbord by making a monster get a happily ever after to. Basically this story is saying you can literally be the biggest sociopath in KH, and yet you will still get a kumbaya send off. NO.

Also I will always hate that Blackhole Sue Sora is the one who took him down instead of the three that had the strongest right to do so. Terra especially should have been the main one dragging his keyblade from Xehanort's ball sack to his skull. He doesn't even get to say anything to him either. It was some unforgivable bs.

12 years of atrocities in the name of.... light? Here's the thing though there was no darkness going buckwild in this series until Xehanort put it there. Just GTFO Nomura. GTFO.

Last edited:
Back