• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are people convinced LeaIsa is a thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Are LeaxIsa really a thing? I mean an intended actual thing not counting shipping this thread is confusing

No, there are no canon couples in KH. Not even Sokai is canon lol

I just want to know whuch boy took Skuld to the Radiant Garden High School Dance :p

Both of them, but neither Lea or Isa knew until the night of prom and they both showed up at her cag--door.

Skuld would ask them both out because as far as we know about her, she values her friends equally.

Keyblade07

If have a ship let it sail free into the ocean where tides will come in and the waves will guide it under the sky and away from the earth and land.

In all seriousness there is nothing wrong with shipping characters. It's only when fans get obsessed with a ship and won't tolerate other characters and alternate ships that it becomes nasty.
I didn’t mean that we shouldn’t ship, i don’t mind shipping, it’s not my biggest concern or that big of a deal for me (at least not anymore) but I guess what I meant to say is... let’s not trouble ourselves in these simple matters and just let the game decide like always, since all we have to do is to follow Sora and his friends in their Adventures like always:)

PStuder12321

I don’t mean to start trouble I have no problem with people shipping but a lot of people are convinced they are thing and tbh I really don’t like it. I don’t see what they see j just see two best friends who are reconnecting. The use that display they had few months ago the eternal bond heart which also had eraqus and xehanort. I personally think skuld who is probably subject x would make a cute couple with Lea I mean I know people ship her with Isa but it wa written that Lea was more into saving her at the time and she is mentioned in his character file. I’m not trying to fight with anyone I used to be obsessed with akuroku back in the day but never acted like it was a canon thing. I guess I’m asking if you guys think this a true and your option of them and skuld?

Yeah I just see two bestfriends... I dont ship isa and lea at all and I do do shipments.... However as spockanort said. People will ship what they want. I jsut wouldnt count on it ever being canon. but as a fanart idea or what not people can ship what they like. :)

I don't ship them, and I won't ship any of them with subject X.
I don't want romantic relationships in KH.
I have to tolerate SoKai because it's canon, but it has been portrayed in an awful way.
Nomura has no idea how to represent ronantic love in a proper way.

Yeah but hopefully if he starts moving into a SRK direction he'll start doing a better job with it.

Idkanymore92

Awards
Why would you want that Riku has no interest in Kairi and she doesn’t even acknowledge him
Yeah I just see two bestfriends... I dont ship isa and lea at all and I do do shipments.... However as spockanort said. People will ship what they want. I jsut wouldnt count on it ever being canon. but as a fanart idea or what not people can ship what they like. :)

Yeah but hopefully if he starts moving into a SRK direction he'll start doing a better job with it.

Why would you want that Riku has no interest in Kairi and she doesn’t even acknowledge him
To me soriku the only thing rhat makes sense and if they’ll never do it no romance. Sokai is forced unrealistic and boring I’ve never seen such a bad written relationship.

PStuder12321

To me soriku the only thing rhat makes sense and if they’ll never do it no romance. Sokai is forced unrealistic and boring I’ve never seen such a bad written relationship.

I dont think they need to do that.. I just think they need to start putting a better effort into Sokai.

Riku should've blocked Terranort's attempt to murder Sora and Kairi instead of Goofy.

Nothing against the Goofster tho.

would have made sense but it all works as well.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I dont think they need to do that.. I just think they need to start putting a better effort into Sokai

For the record, I don't think SoKai is that horrible. They're alright for being the main couple I guess and they get quite a bit of unnecessary vitriol. But the separation during the series gave no chance to give them development. And now Sora is off again somewhere and Kairi is in a coma. I think Sora's comment to Naminè in KH3 is legit the first time I've gotten a reason as to why he would like her (when Naminè said she'll have his back and he remarked about that's more like Kairi)...at Naminè's expense though.

That, or there's just something about SoKai not clicking.

I said this before, but I was shipping Gula/Ava already for the few scenes we got for them on that movie when SoKai still does not do anything for me 🤔.

Idkanymore92

Awards
That’s why sokai is bad it ruins the destiny trio I mean they make it like Sora has to choose between his two friends. They legit ignored Riku in the dlc and that’s wrong. Even if Sora is in a relationship you don’t ignore your best friend after all he’s done for you. That’s makes lots of people hate sokai even more. They was no scenes with Sora and his best friend in a series where they said it’s about Sora and Riku not Sora and Kairi. I still don’t even know how the game is gonna continue is Riku gonna do all the work while Kairi sleeps yet last minute she’ll get credit just no. Kairi is just not likeable and the way years later she was thrown in our faces constantly holding Sora’s hand was pathetic really that’s just my opinion.
For the record, I don't think SoKai is that horrible. They're alright for being the main couple I guess and they get quite a bit of unnecessary vitriol. But the separation during the series gave no chance to give them development. And now Sora is off again somewhere and Kairi is in a coma. I think Sora's comment to Naminè in KH3 is legit the first time I've gotten a reason as to why he would like her (when Naminè said she'll have his back and he remarked about that's more like Kairi)...at Naminè's expense though.

I said this before, but I was shipping Gula/Ava already for the few scenes we got for them on that movie when SoKai still does not do anything for me 🤔.

PStuder12321

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! And Ive said it MANY times that the seperation theme is KILLING kingdom hearts. when Sora and Kairi are together they get some very cute scenes and time in. like at the end of Re:mind. the problem is. THEY ARE NEVER TOGETHER THANKS NOMURA!!!!!! It was ok for the first game... now its way past due for it to stop.

It really does come down to a lot of the problems with the game and its story can be fixed by simply cutting the seperation theme out and moving on. Bring the game to a SRK feel and start BUILDING things. like the Sokai relationship. Play with it. bring Riku's sarcasm out. hell maybe ship even more people together. Riku namine would be super cute. Xion Roxas. those are two shipments I would love to see. Dont have to, even if you just keep it to sokai build it up more. But nothing can happen as long as this HORRIBLE seperation theme keeps going. but If my theory is right about the next game and whats going on. its about to end as long as nomura doesnt do anything else stupid that would need it. The Sokai relationship is good in my opinion. its cute. its just has NOT had the CHANCE. Kill the seperation theme. you fix a lot with the story. Not just with relationships but across the board. for combat.. just make blocks and rolls smoother and work way better. They do all that kingdom hearts will be game of the year I promise! lol

Idkanymore92

Awards
But it’s been almost 20 years and sokai sucks still when they together they mostly sit in silence not a good relationship and Riku being with Namine eww just no he has never shown interest in her and she used to be obsessed with Sora. Xion and Roxas is a good developed relationship but the best would be no pairings it solves all problems

Riku should've blocked Terranort's attempt to murder Sora and Kairi instead of Goofy.

I always felt destiny trio wasn’t a real trio especially that it could easily break because of a relationship. Riku and Kairi never really seemed that close he might’ve cared for her but she tolerated him for Sora. I didn’t like Sora in the dlc not even caring about Riku that’s wrong to me. I mean people are always defending Kairi I just don’t get why people like her she has no personality she excludes Riku constantly her world revolves around Sora that’s not healthy I just don’t get why people think sokai makes any sense. You are told he has feelings for her but never shown. I’ve never seen such an empty character like Kairi before that’s supposed to be important it’s weird to me

Hedginka

Awards
I could drone on forever about why the theory that Riku and Kairi aren't close is daft, but I think the scene where they reunite in KH2 speaks for itself the most. When Kairi unveils Riku's hood, she looks and sounds extremely emotional. Almost as if she's holding back tears. They may have barely interacted in KH3 but that's less to do with them not being friends and more to do with KH3's writing being super duper not good.

Personally, if anyone was gonna share the paopu fruit, I always had the fantasy that Sora, Kairi & Riku would divide it between each other. Wouldn't that be wholesome and drive the message of the series further? It would certainly be less awkward than KH3's paopu scene, that's for certain.

But with all that said, Riku/Namine has been a god tier ship since CoM. So that was a nice bone to be thrown at least.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

Maybe, but I wouldn't want to lose Goofy's awesome guard moment. Riku should have done something though.

Personally, if anyone was gonna share the paopu fruit, I always had the fantasy that Sora, Kairi & Riku would divide it between each other. Wouldn't that be wholesome and drive the message of the series further? It would certainly be less awkward than KH3's paopu scene, that's for certain.
No arguments from me on that. But Sora and Riku would have to race for it. Just for old times.

Idkanymore92

Awards
I always felt destiny trio wasn’t a real trio especially that it could easily break cause of a relationship. Riku and Kairi never really seemed that close he might’ve cared for her but she tolerated him for Sora. I didn’t like Sora in the dlc not even caring about Riku that’s wrong to me. I mean people are always defending Kairi I just got get why people like her she has no personality she excludes Riku constantly her world revolves around Sora that’s not healthy I just don’t get why people think sokai makes any sense. You are told he has feelings for her but never shown. I’ve never seen such an empty character like Kairi before that’s supposed to be important it’s weird to me
But with all that said, Riku/Namine has been a god tier ship since CoM. So that was a nice bone to be thrown at least.

Riku/Namine scene was about repliku not a romance with them they barely speak in actual games. And you forget that Kairi excludes Riku from the paopu scene and in the first game. The fact the one scene in kh2 doesn’t convince me and also kh3 is what counts as they didn’t even look at each other. I’m not gonna argue about made up character relationships you see it different but lots of people don’t see Riku and Kairi as close especially from her side.

Hmm just saw a translation for the kh3 novel and it talks about the scene where Saix dies and it words that Lea holds him in his arms isn’t that proof akusai is real I mean that’s pretty romantic I’m just a shipper

Awards
Hmm just saw a translation for the kh3 novel and it talks about the scene where Saix dies and it words that Lea holds him in his arms isn’t that proof akusai is real I mean that’s pretty romantic I’m just a shipper
He holds Saïx in his arms in the game too, y'know.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

That's what happened in the game lol

But Kanemaki is a known shipper and writes a lot of BL.

Awards
Unfortunately, companies use shipping merely to exploit their audience.

I don't find them nearly as bad as the shippers that actually believe that there are pairings aside from Sora/Kairi that are canon and get triggered to the point of toxicity when anyone argues as to why they aren't.

Yep, those poor, manipulated souls.

Shippers express their passion online via forums, art, etc. and fight amongst each other over what's "most canon", "makes the most (literary) sense", etc. It's the best kind of free marketing: apolitical drama courtesy of diehard fans and/or lolcows who catch the attention of casuals and outsiders alike. they along with the people they attract invest far too much time and energy into the product to suddenly up-and drop it one day. and all companies need do is bait their audience with the mere possibility of a canon ship.

just look at miraculous ladybug. it's popular because its never-ending ship-tease of a subplot is given more attention than its mainplot. Keyword: never-ending. ..... And it works like a fucking charm because I still eat it up despite knowing full-well that I'm being swindled. Will my flesh taste freedom of its chains ever again? ...... Anyways, back topic:

And that is precisely why companies wait until the very end of their series to canonize ships. Their only purpose is to milk products and fan engagement via an abusive cycle of non-answers, blue-balling, cheap drama, and false hope. Ships DO NOT matter. They never have and never will be worth the hefty load of time and energy people put into them.

Idkanymore92

Awards

Yep, those poor, manipulated souls.

Shippers express their passion online via forums, art, etc. and fight amongst each other over what's "most canon", "makes the most (literary) sense", etc. It's the best kind of free marketing: apolitical drama courtesy of diehard fans and/or lolcows who catch the attention of casuals and outsiders alike. they along with the people they attract invest far too much time and energy into the product to suddenly up-and drop it one day. and all companies need do is bait their audience with the mere possibility of a canon ship.

just look at miraculous ladybug. it's popular because its never-ending ship-tease of a subplot is given more attention than its mainplot. Keyword: never-ending. ..... And it works like a fucking charm because I still eat it up despite knowing full-well that I'm being swindled. Will my flesh taste freedom of its chains ever again? ...... Anyways, back topic:

And that is precisely why companies wait until the very end of their series to canonize ships. Their only purpose is to milk products and fan engagement via an abusive cycle of non-answers, blue-balling, cheap drama, and false hope. Ships DO NOT matter. They never have and never will be worth the hefty load of time and energy people put into them.
Yes I agree with this Idk if sokai is canon right now. I don’t really like it but if at the end of the series if anything is gonna be canon it would unfortunately be them. I wouldn’t be shocked if maybe they make no canon couples though that would be best. I mean story wise soriku makes most sense but we know they’ll never do that which why I don’t get why lea and Isa who aren’t even close to the way soriku act with each other imo would be a thing. This is a fandom which fanfiction is a good thing make your own story with whoever you want to ship putting all your hopes into a ship to be let down just ain’t worth it you know 🙂

Awards
There’s shipping and then there’s canon, and as far as I know there hasn’t been anyone saying this ship is canon? Where are they...?

It kills me though that the fanbase has continually been in a froth over two guys being shipped together for nearly 20 years now. The ship may change, but the hollow outrage stays the same. The fact that you can see more between Lea and a girl who so far we don't know the look, sound, or personality of highlights the real problem, and the issue is your own not other people's.

This is actually the main reason ships exist and why most ships that aren't canon have the most followers / supporters. If Nomura had been intentionally setting up, say, Sora and Riku or Lea and Isa, they wouldn't have nearly as much chemistry as they do. No, they'd have ended up being a void, like SoKai. Bad writing ends up contributing to shipping in all fandoms.

Tai Yasue: Great news Nomura! The fans like how you're handling the ships.

Nomura: That's good to hear. You know, I think Ventus and Selphie are ready to take things to the next level.

Tai Yasue: What're you talking about? They're happy because you've held firm to LGBT inclusion for nearly 20 years.

Nomura: The fuck's an "algae-TB"??

Zul

Awards

And if they, for some reason, don't wait until the end of the series, one of three things happen to the shipped characters.

1. The ship sails and then the characters are essentially abandoned.
2. The characters continue as if the kiss scene/confession never happened.
3. The characters get completely consumed by the ship, all development/personality is erased, basically the characters themselves are gone and only the ship remains.

Unless romance is the focus or has serious work put into it, it'll always boil down to a marketing gimmick(most shows) or an intrusive annoyance(KH).

Back