• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why an elderly character?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zul

Awards
Now my question here is, do we know exactly how Xehanort looked during his younger days?
While his possession of Terra is what determined his appearance for all later Xehanorts, I am confused as to what his appearance was before the possession.
If i recall, wasn't there a scene in the beginning of BBS where he was standing on the beach of Destiny Islands? It seems like he had the same hairstyle. Terra sported this same style as well (shorter). Did Terra look somewhat similar to Xehanort when he was younger or..?

The only thing I can explain is the development cycle of Xehanort, from Square's perspective.

KH1 Days: he was Ansem, the actual ruler of radiant garden
KH:CoM, KH2: he was Xehanort, an imposter, Ansem's apprentice, he had unknown origins, his Heartless takes Ansem's name and his Nobody is Xemnas.

KH2FM- we see an old man wearing Ansem's clothes and an armored youth with a face strikingly similar to KH2 Xehanort.

BBS: MX revealed to be the true Xehanort, KH2 Xehanort and Ansem and Xemnas are forms derived from possessing Terra. During the BBS days, we also saw the back of a young master xehanort, we didn't see his face unless you pulled his character model out of BBS, in which case you saw an incomplete beta face.

KH3D: Young Xehanort's official face is revealed.

The way the appearances are derived imo is.

1. Ansem SoD's face is drawn
2. Xemnas and Apprentice Xehanort's face is drawn, based on Ansem SoD.
3. Terra's face is drawn based on apprentice Xehanort, MX's face is drawn, YMX's face is in development.
4. YMX's face is drawn and finalized.

because the faces are essentially derived from a mix of character-similarities and retcons, YMX will bare a slight resemblance to Terra.

Zul

Awards
The only thing I'd add to what I said above is that it seems like

-MX is derived from aging Ansem SoD further(the receding hairline on Ansem)
-Terra is derived from making apprentice Xehanort younger
-YMX is derived from making Xemnas younger

YMX has two pairs "detached" bangs, bangs that are more similar to Xemnas's three pairs, Terra has more "attached" bangs, which equate to one pair(sort of) that split at the end.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I cant really pull the model out of BBS, so has anyone taken pics of the "Beta Face" YMX?

This one?
images

Also yeah, wisdom comes with age, mages only get stronger with as they get older, to show he can whip those whippersnappers into shape even thought he's old, because he's fucking Lenard Nimoy and all that good stuff.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^hmmmm.....I read "beta face" and got the impression there was no face at all. assuming this is not from 3D, i'll draw up a comparison.

images
830px-YoungXehanortTerra-454x275.png

I couldnt really get a decent shot of the model on bing, so i went with a closeup.

and another of the bbs model.

20101115005701!YoungMasterXehanort.png

Xehanort's Pupil

I thought it was a really nice breath of fresh air from all the youthful pretty boy main villains that's been everywhere as of late. And yeah, it's to show wisdom, power, and experience gathered over time.

Yeah, that's true. I'm just wondering if Xehanort is going to go back for Riku as a vessel since Sora failed or if he is going to use Sora again as a vessel. He could probably recreate the X-blade by fighting Kairi since he is almost like Vanitas now, complete darkness.

He can't use Riku again. Riku has learned how to deal with the darkness and is pretty much immune to being possessed again.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
+ Killed his friend.
You forget that Braig produced Xigbar by having his heart released via Keyblade. Numora's hinted the same thing happened with MX when he discarded his old body. Xehanort has probably anticipated that his friend has produced a nobody(MX's nobody could be dealing with him right now, saying he hasn't already been dealt with).

He can't use Riku again. Riku has learned how to deal with the darkness and is pretty much immune to being possessed again.

True, but Ansem Possessed Riku seems more than within his grasp, elsewise I doubt YS would have reacted so astonished when Mickey brought it up(For more than one reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back