• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why 358/2 Days is a Poor Narrative Experience.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That may be somewhat true, but some of them wanted Roxas to think for himself as well. He would ask them questions and then they make him come up with an answer. Lexaeus is the only one to strike at him during missions. I know it was for the game purposes of health, but still it wasn't something you would expect. If they were annoyed or not it was rare that most of them would abandon him unless they were testing him. Unless you count Demyx. He didn't really care at all for the missions.

I didn't say they didn't want Roxas to think. That they wanted, but only in the boundaries of what would benefit the Organization and their (or at the deepest end: Xemnas's) goals.
They still wanted Roxas only as their malleable keyblade wielding puppet...they didn't want him to become more independent and scrutinizing things.
The reason they didn't abandon him was because of the keyblade they needed, not because of some real concern for Roxas as a living being.
Demyx is only an idiot so he won't count anyways, lol.

Not much of an Xion fan either, but it would be better if she was her own person.

To be completely honest, that would be better for Naminé and Roxas as well.
I remember vaguely that in the very first draft of the continuation of the story Nomura had shortly after the decision for CoM was made (and in conjunction with Deep Dive) included Naminé really being a lost childhood friend (and a normal girl with a heart) and Roxas was originally planned as an independent character who would also be closely connected with Sora, but actually working for DiZ and a "guardian" of Sora while he sleeps and Riku is out infiltrating the Organization to learn of their plans.
Sadly I don't have the source to all that anymore, but then still...it was only a first draft anyways, lol.

LeeLu

Well if ever there was a KH game that actually needed a remake, Days is the one.

There is no sense of urgency and no central antagonist driving the story and no, Xemnas doesn't count. Had Xion been the player character then, yes he would have been, but Xion is not the player character and therefore, Xemnas is not an antagonist.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Demyx is only an idiot so he won't count anyways, lol.

You know, it's too bad Days didn't show more of him. They could have shown him in Days as being rather perceptive, but still lazy. It would have made him a better and more interesting character. Another side to him that we didn't see in KH2.

Which they didn't do, so he still looks like a lazy dumbass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back