• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who's your favourite character?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

padlock

Awards
I am doing a study on characters and such, and I thought i would put up a sort of survey here :) i think this is the right section.. >.>

so..

1. Who is your favourite Character, and what series do the come from (could be a video game, book, movie etc...)?

2. And why are they your favourite?

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
My all time favourite character is Superman.

I guess it's pretty self explanatory where he comes from. Comics, movies, animation and video games. Almost any medium possible.

In terms of relatability, I honestly think Superman is the more adult superhero than any other in terms of what the fantasy behind him is. Batman is the adolescent fantasy, he's got the cool cars, the money, the tools and gadgets, he's a playboy and he kicks the shit out of people. Whereas Superman is just the general, all around good guy. Clark Kent rips his shirt off and he goes and puts out fires, gets cats out of trees and saves the world. Grant Morrison has some great quotes regarding Superman -

Grant Morrison said:
In the end, I saw Superman not as a superhero or even a science fiction character, but as a story of Everyman. We’re all Superman in our own adventures. We have our own Fortresses of Solitude we retreat to, with our own special collections of valued stuff, our own super–pets, our own “Bottle Cities” that we feel guilty for neglecting. We have our own peers and rivals and bizarre emotional or moral tangles to deal with.

I felt I’d really grasped the concept when I saw him as Everyman, or rather as the dreamself of Everyman. That “S” is the radiant emblem of divinity we reveal when we rip off our stuffy shirts, our social masks, our neuroses, our constructed selves, and become who we truly are.

Newsarama.com : All Star Memories: Grant Morrison on All Star Superman, 1

And there's a page from his All-Star Superman, which kind of just sums up the character to me. I choked up when I read it.

With Superman it's not about what he can do, but what he does. And that's why I love him.

Nightshade311

With Xemnas, Saix, Zexion, Demyx, Riku , Sora, Rox
Azoth / Kylar Stern from the "Night Angels" Series.

And here's why: He's just a great character. He's something called a Wetboy, they are a little like assassins, but they use magic called, Talent. His story reminds me of, "The Sword of Truth"(the book "Legend of the Seeker" is based off of.) His life as a boy is horrible, then he's apprenticed by a Wetboy named Durzo Blintz. Throughout the three books he over come enemies and strange magics that sure as hell gave more then a few nightmares... [x.
http://midnight-spectrum.deviantart.com/art/Night-Angel-Kylar-Stern-FINAL-131730699
GO READ THE BOOKS! THEY'RE AMAZING!!!!!

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Hmm, this is rather difficult. I'm used to thinking of series as a whole, so to actually isolate characters and then pick from the list is quite challenging. Anyway, I tried to base this on who I think is the "best" character, instead of simply who is my "favorite" character.

Character: Wolfgang Grimmer

Appears in: Monster (Anime/Manga)

Reason: Out of all the various redemption stories that I've seen/read, his is probably the best (which is made all the more odd by the fact that he isn't even a main character in the series, despite playing an important role). More often than not, redemption stories revolve around characters trying to atone for past actions that they chose themselves. However, in Grimmer's case, he's trying to redeem himself from the actions resulting from his MPD that were caused by circumstances beyond his control. I find that this makes him a far more sympathetic character, as he is just as much a victim as the people subjected to his "problem". We also get to see this problem first hand; and due to the nature of said problem, it feels like a consistent struggle with himself as he searches for redemption (as opposed to the usual "relapse" struggles in most redemption stories). The way his story ends also makes his story stand out to me as one of the best to me, because it perfectly blends both comedy and tragedy (the Shakespearean genres, not the modern genres) elements to create a satisfying conclusion.

Honestly, I could go through all his individual scenes, his backstory, his actions, and the way his personalities operate to describe how great of a character he is, but that would take much more time than I'm willing to put into this right now :)

Last edited:

Sora'sProtector

My favorite character is Oni Link. He has the least amount of screen time out of all my favorite characters, but he's still the coolest.

In Zelda: Majora's Mask, Link could transform into Oni Link by using the Fierce Deity Mask. He is the most bad ass playable video game character I can think of, and he's been my favorite since I was young.

Esso

Fire Breaker
Character: Spiderman
Why I like him: For one thing he's really smart ("as smart as they come" according to Uncle Ben(Ultimate universe) and I like seeing how he balances his daily life with his Superhero life. And I liked how he stands up for himself too and how his life changes after getting bitten by a genetically enhanced spider(movie and Ultimate) or a radio active one if you can say. For being able to fight really BADA** without any martial arts training. And for taking responsibility for his actions as well. Also for his powers too like his spider-sense, wall-crawling, agility, web-shooting, ect.

june

deidara from naruto shippuden

because of his love for art, but his own art. For him, art is a blast, something that last for a few seconds, no something immortal.
Because he even gave his life to prove that his art is great and shall not be underestimated, becoming one with his art.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Says it all in my name(well,not really,it only says his name :p)
AXEL,from the Kingdom Hearts series.
Reasons why I like him:
He's cute.
I like his adittude.
He cares for his friends.
THERE ARE MANY OTHER REASONS TO EXPLAIN HIS AWESOMENESS

but i choose not to say them.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
This is a rather hard question there is so many to choose from....

first and foremost ill have to go with
Character: sonic the hedgehog
sega1_narrowweb_300x4710_display.jpg

he has always been one of my favorite characters

the rest are like a close 2nd

Link: Legend of Zelda sereis / Nintndo
zelda1.jpg

Why: link has always been bad-ass

Gambit: X-men / Marvel
Gambit-7.jpg

Why who doesnt like gambit ?

Fox Mccloud: Starfox series and smash bros. / nintendo
fox_smash_bros.jpg

why: i just think fox is a cool character.... and i really liked starfox adventures....

E

Eyesore

The Joker, from The Batman Comic Books.
He's a genius when it comes to human psychology.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
You have no idea what you're talkkking about.

No, he really does.

The Joker is a great case study for psychology, but he's not a genius psychologist. He's just a psychopath and a capable manipulator (oh yeah, and he's a psychopath).

E

Eyesore

No, he really does.

The Joker is a great case study for psychology, but he's not a genius psychologist. He's just a psychopath and a capable manipulator (oh yeah, and he's a psychopath).

You too, know not of what you speakkk.
I was talkkking about the 'super-insane' part too.
Because, Joker isn't a psychopath...haha...

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
You too, know not of what you speakkk.
I was talkkking about the 'super-insane' part too.
Because, Joker isn't a psychopath...haha...
Have you read 'The Killing Joke', 'Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth' or 'The Clown at Midnight'? Because I have.

E

Eyesore

^I doubt it, tbh.
You wouldn't be saying such morbidly disgusting comments, like "he's insane."
No, he's not.

But, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
What is Joker's reasoning behind his actions?
Why does he not 'remember' his past?
To help your googling: The latter can be found by typing in 'one bad day.'

E

Eyesore

That's cool.
But, homie said that Joker is insane, and that he doesn't know the human mind in and out.
Anyone whose read enough about Joker will tell you that's like saying Favre doesn't know what a football lookkks likkke.
Why do you thinkkk he was created?
Smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back