• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Whos better: Green day VS Sum 41

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Green day or Sum 41

• Green day

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Sum 41

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Sum 41 FTW. I've always liked them, even when one of the band members got engaged to Avril Lavigne, I continued to like the band, against my better judgement.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Enchanted Rose said:
Sum 41 FTW. I've always liked them, even when one of the band members got engaged to Avril Lavigne, I continued to like the band, against my better judgement.
Deryck's only doing it 'cos she's good in bed, I bet.

I'm going to have to say Sum 41. Their current stuff is far better than what Green Day is dishing out. And I like all, if not the fair majority, of songs put out by Sum 41 including the ones where Steve does the vocals. I was disapointed that Dave decided to leave the band, but glad that Deryck, Cone and Steve have decided to not replace him. I just hopw that his departure doesn't influence their style to an extent.

And it sucks that when most people hear Sum 41 they think Fat Lip and In Too Deep. Their pop-punk days. Which they've managed to move on from, entirely. Songs like Still Waiting, Noots, We're All To Blame, No Reason and Angels With Dirty Faces are great songs.

SoulEater

Chapter IV
Website
www.graphicext.net
Sing a new song, for the love of god. "GREN DAYZ AWLD STUIF IZ BEETAR!111!!". I think we have established that fact.

I am a big Green Day fan and I will very willingly admit their new stuff isn't as good as the old, but people don't see that the new stuff has quality within itself.

Anyway, on topic.

I'm also a Sum 41 fan, but a way bigger Green Day fan. Green Day has been around for 16 years and influencing us for that much time. Green Day was the band that got me to pick up a guitar and start learning how to play it. They seem to be so much more punk then any other bands of their time, and to me that means alot. Their music seems to be a lot more fun, yet some songs are also more serious. Although I love Sum 41's music, I have to easily go with Green Day.

S

Shadow Soldier

Johnny Stooge said:
Deryck's only doing it 'cos she's good in bed, I bet.

Us Canadians are good at everything.. our bodies were made for working.

And I agree with you, that whole thing with everybody just thinking Fat Lip is annoying. I think the reason why they think that is because it was what brought them onto the scene. I for one, like all of their stuff. Except for their second album, Does This Look Infected. I love listening to In Too Deep and Fat Lip, because those songs to me, remind me of Blink 182 alot and I love the fast beat. Dont know why they stopped making music....

Sum 41 ftw.

SoulEater

Chapter IV
Website
www.graphicext.net
wisdom&valor said:
excatly but i HATE greenday but thats my opion mcr rocks lol
Wow, that's quite funny. And emo band, MCR, whose singer needs a tan and has no talent, is better then Green Day. Okay then.

And Shadow, Blink 182 stopped making music because they felt they needed to go their seperate ways and weren't obligated to make music together anymore. It's quite sad :/ They won't even play a show together anymore.

S

Shadow Soldier

SoulEater said:
And Shadow, Blink 182 stopped making music because they felt they needed to go their seperate ways and weren't obligated to make music together anymore. It's quite sad :/ They won't even play a show together anymore.

Thats because Tom doesnt like the whole "We dont give a F***" style blink 182 had.

And if you say you dont like Sum 41 or Green Day, why post about MCR? A band that tries to follow bands like Sum 41 and Green Day?

SoulEater

Chapter IV
Website
www.graphicext.net
Exactly. Why are people [Two people] posting in this thread saying "I hate both so i vote neither," ? The thread is asking whose better, not if you like them. So I fail to see the logic in those posts :/ But then again, I fail to see the logic in the half the recent posts on this forum. Oh well.

And seriously, whats up with Tom? I watched some of his Blink shows and he's jumping around, saying funny stuff, and having a good time expressing his "whatever" kind of attitude. Now he's all serious and uptight, you can tell by his new Angels And Airwaves music. It really sucks actually, I wish he would just lighten up a little and have some fun with it.

S

Shadow Soldier

SoulEater said:
Exactly. Why are people [Two people] posting in this thread saying "I hate both so i vote neither," ? The thread is asking whose better, not if you like them. So I fail to see the logic in those posts :/ But then again, I fail to see the logic in the half the recent posts on this forum. Oh well.

I fail to see the logic why MCR exists. They sound alot like The Used to me.

And I agree with you about Tom. I thought he was having alot more fun with the "Screw it all" attitude. But now he is all crazy and saddening to listen to. Its gay that as soon as he left B182, he also left his wife and kid.

SoulEater

Chapter IV
Website
www.graphicext.net
Shadow Soulja said:
I fail to see the logic why MCR exists. They sound alot like The Used to me.

And I agree with you about Tom. I thought he was having alot more fun with the "Screw it all" attitude. But now he is all crazy and saddening to listen to. Its gay that as soon as he left B182, he also left his wife and kid.

I know :| He seriously is killing himself here. He left his extremely successful band for a new band that he made with only one album. And he left his wife and his kid, which should be very important to him. And he left his attitude that all his fans loved and trashed it for some uptight attitude.

But how did we get to Tom DeLonge from a Sum 41 / Green Day topic..?

But to be on topic.

Sum 41's singer / rythym guitarist actually wrote the riffs and solos that their lead guitarist played, so apprently according to him their musical style isnt going to change with him gone. And they said they are thinking about having someone to play live with them but not record with them, sort of like Jason White with Green Day.

SoulEater

Chapter IV
Website
www.graphicext.net
*.:redflame:.* said:
Sum41 i hate greenday......sorry ppl! but its the truth, only old greenday songs own!

Gee, that made a whole lot of sense. "I hate Green Day, old Green Day songs own."

So many people dont look beyond the popular opinion. People are afraid to like American Idiot at the risk of being called a poser. People listen to the first track and go "Oh this is gay it has to do with politics, ok screw this album." Yea, try maybe listening to the whole album. The songs do have their own quality. I know the old stuff is better ok, we get it. But that doesnt mean that everyone that enjoys American Idiot is a teeny bopper poser. Sure, there are a lot of people who are like that who took up American Idiot as a trend, but not all of them are. Thats generalization, which is what Green Day is pretty much against.

Green Day ftw.

Riku_123

Green Day!Ive always liked them and always will.Green Day is one of My favorite bands ever and Im gonna say it,every Green Day album to me was great even American Idiot, I like every Song on American idiot and I dont care what anyone says,does,or calls me.I like American idiot!call me a poser if you want,but Ive been listening to Green day since there 1st album, and since Billie Joe was in Sweet Children. My 2 favorite Green Day songs are Minority and Welcome to Paradise

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back