• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who were the seven people that needed to be awkened?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordsy

So the very reason Yen Sid chose this as Sora and Riku's exam was to awken these worlds, and also the people in them. I know he also said that seven people who were currently sleeping in those worlds needed to be awake to stop Xehanhort, but I keep getting confused just who they were. Let me try and break it down with the sleeping worlds and the characters I think were needed to be awkened:

1. Traverse Town- nobody. The cast of TWEWY had nothing to do with KH.

2. Las Cite de Cloches- Quasimodo. He's the only important character there.

3. The Grid- First I thought Tron, but he's dead. Then Kevin Flynn, but he's dead too. Sooo, maybe Quorra? I remember in the movie it was a really big thing her going into the human world because she was like a brand new kind of being, an Iso or whatever they were called. Sam Flynn is a possibility, but I doubt it.

4. Prankster's Paradise- My guess is of course Pinnochio, but maybe the Blue Fairy as well. But we don't know if she was really trapped in that world too or not...

5. Country of the Musketeers- Here's where things start getting odd. All the characters in that world, with the exception of the Beagle Boys (but who cares about them?) are only dream versions of themselves because the real people are already awake...But there has to be somebody from this world that needed to be awkened or there was no point to this world. I thought Minnie at first, but only because at that point in the game the real Minnie is being kidnapped by Maleficent and Pete. But that doesn't make much sense...So maybe Mickey? Maybe they needed to awken this part of Mickey to make him whole or something????

6. Symphony of Sorcery- Again, it's the same with Mickey, who is the only character here. So there were two parts of Mickey's past that needed waking up but were never explained just why??

7. The World That Never Was- nobody, because it was not a sleeping world even though it shows up on the realm of sleep's map...

So, Quasi, Quorra, Pinnochio, Mickey X2 are all pretty much given. But then maybe the Blue Fairy and Sam Flynn? Or do Tron and Kevin Flynn count even though when awakened, they were dead? Sort of putting them to rest.

Or does Ven count as one of the seven?

If someone could help straighten this out that would be great.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
He never said anyone from those worlds needed to be awakened? He said "the individuals Mickey spoke of in his letter". So: Terra, Aqua, Ven, Roxas, Xion, and Namine.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The seven people to be awakened are the ones who called out Sora's name in Blank Points, the secret ending of Birth By Sleep. The ones Ansem the Wise spoke of "waiting for their new beginning, their Birth by Sleep".

They are, in order of when they said Sora's name:

1. Naminé
2. Xion
3. Roxas
4. Terra
5. Ventus
6. Ansem the Wise
7. Aqua

---

The inhabitants of the sleeping worlds will be awakened automatically when the world is awakened, just like the countless worlds that were restored at the end of KH 1 were.

Swordsy

Oh well I feel stupid *facepalm*. Well I never played BBS, so there you go.

But wait, I'm even more confuesd now: How will Roxas, Namine, and Xion be awakened? They're nobodies. There cannot be Sora and Roxas living at the same time because they're part of the same one person.

And I thought Aqua was already awake. I thought she was just trapped in the realm of darkness, not asleep.

TheRoadToDawn

Sephiroth didnt really mean Aqua is "asleep" like Ven, she's basically one of 7 that need to be awakened from their torment. As you said, Aqua is still wandering in the realm of darkness. As for Roxas and Xion, were not so sure how that's all going to play out so we'll have to wait and see.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh well I feel stupid *facepalm*. Well I never played BBS, so there you go.

But wait, I'm even more confuesd now: How will Roxas, Namine, and Xion be awakened? They're nobodies. There cannot be Sora and Roxas living at the same time because they're part of the same one person.

And I thought Aqua was already awake. I thought she was just trapped in the realm of darkness, not asleep.

Ok then.

Uh, excuse me? Did you even play the series? Sora and Roxas co-existed completely fine until Naminé started to mess around with Sora's memories in CoM.
The only reason Roxas had to give up his existence was because there were some of Sora's memories inside him, memories that were needed for Sora to become whole again.
Roxas' own memories, his consciousness and heart are still his own. Same goes for Xion.
They can live at the same time because they have their own hearts. Have you even played DDD and paid attention to the cutscenes?
Roxas, Naminé and Xion (as well as Axel) had grown their own hearts.
And no, there is no "same person", Roxas is Roxas, he has his own mind and consciousness, just like Naminé. Don't forget they're special cases along with Xemnas.

I suggest you watch the cutscenes of Sora's side in the World that never was again. Pay especially attention to the meeting between Roxas and Sora and also listen closely to the stuff Xigbar and Xemnas explain later on.
Furthermore also "Ansem the Wise's legacy" is a very important scene where Ansem explains several important things regarding hearts to Riku and how Sora can save all the hearts connected to him and "recreate" people we thought were lost forever.

It doesn't matter if one is "asleep" in the true sense of sleeping but that they are badly suffering and not inside the Realm of Light, meaning they have "disappeared from the world" aka ceased to exist in the RoL.
Several of these points were explained and shown in Birth By Sleep, the BBS Ultimania and also in Re: Coded at the ending.

Here are some bits that pertain to the issue:

Ansem the Wise in Blank Points talking to Aqua said:
I hid the results of my research inside him,
transplanting the data to where it might best serve a purpose. In fact, I would
like to believe... Maybe he can set things right. A boy like him who touches so
many hearts--he could open the right door, and save all those people whose
lives I managed to ruin.
So many are still waiting for their new beginning, their birth by sleep. Even
me...and even you.

BBS Ultimania said:
-- Ansem the Wise says to Aqua "Everything is born from sleep." What does this mean?
Nomura: In that scene the ones who are calling for "Sora" are the ones who have already disappeared from the world. But in the world of KH there is no concept of death, that for example they are just sleeping within Sora's heart. If you can just wake them up, they'll be able to return to the world, they would be "born from sleep". That there would be a possibility of this, is what Ansem the Wise is saying. Even Aqua, who isn't in the realm of light, would be born from sleep.
-- In that case, do the characters we see in that scene have a chance of returning?
Nomura: Yes. The data that Ansem has hidden within Sora is the secret to that revival. When Ansem had become DiZ, and studied the heart and emotions, the results he found he hid within Sora. There are a lot of people who thought that Coded was about finding those results, but that's not true. The ending of Coded was about finding out that DiZ had done something to Sora, as Namine said, finding out about the data that Ansem hid. What that data is will be revealed in the next game.

The data Nomura speaks of is also a focal point in Dream Drop Distance. Currently, at the end of DDD, Riku is keeping that data safe until the time comes for Sora to use it since he receives the data in the end of the game.

This bit from the Coded-Ultimania talks about new hearts being born:
Coded Ultimania said:
Data Sora can newly obtain a legitimate Keyblade during his adventure, but are there changes to the real Keyblade when that happens?

Nomura: No, it’s a data version the entire time. However like with the first Keyblade, it wasn’t created by someone else. It comes from the heart’s connections with the data, hinting towards the story theme, “Can a heart be born in an existence made of data?”

These hints towards hearts being born outside Kingdom Hearts itself were spread over the entire series already, and got confirmed now in DDD by Xemnas and Ansem the Wise, as well as by Nomura himself in the Ultimania as well as the purpose of the data:

DDD Ultimania said:
— It was declared from Ansem the Wise’s own mouth that everything can grow a heart.
Nomura: Yes it was, I thought I’d leave it clear in this title.

— Before the ending, Riku receives research data from Ansem the Wise. In the next title, will that be the key to bringing back the people who are sleeping inside Sora?
Nomura: You could say it’s the key. That data contains the details explaining the way to connect lost hearts.

It's really not that complicated, but one needs to understand Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance fully to grasp the whole picture (some bits of Re: Coded help to substantiate the whole stuff).

Swordsy

Lol, no actually I've only played the handhelds. I watched all the walkthrough videos of the other games, though, but I guess not all of it got through. Well it is a pretty complex series...

Anyway, I thought that nobodies were born once somebody loses their heart? So I thought Roxas was born or whatever when Sora unlocked his own heart at the end of KH1.

I mean, nobodies are people with no hearts because they are the result of someone losing their heart for some reason, right? Then how could they exist before someone even loses their heart? Oh my head hurts now. I'll have to look around on the KH wiki to get this all straightened out later, lol.

Youniquee

Awards
Lol, no actually I've only played the handhelds. I watched all the walkthrough videos of the other games, though, but I guess not all of it got through. Well it is a pretty complex series...

Anyway, I thought that nobodies were born once somebody loses their heart? So I thought Roxas was born or whatever when Sora unlocked his own heart at the end of KH1.

I mean, nobodies are people with no hearts because they are the result of someone losing their heart for some reason, right? Then how could they exist before someone even loses their heart? Oh my head hurts now. I'll have to look around on the KH wiki to get this all straightened out later, lol.

KH3D clears up a few stuff.
Roxas was born when that happened. That's right.
It's all a lie. Nobodies actually do have hearts. If a body has no heart, eventually, the body grows a new one. (Thus by Axel and Roxas showed emotion) Xemnas lied to them all so they could follow his plan. Every nobody is a product of someone losing their heart...? A nobody can't be created any other way. I'm confused at that bit of the question.

Swordsy

Yes I got the whole "nobodies can grow their own hearts" thing, but it still doesn't make sense to me. They should have kept the nobodies as.....nobodies! Hence the name. I thought they were called that because essentially, their existence does not matter and that they need to become whole again. I mean yeah some of the nobodies were cool, but I'd feel much better with just Roxas having his little "I have no past. Oh, I'm really just part of Sora, so I'll just sacrifice to make myslef whole again" thing. I really think they're doing this just to please fans...Anyway, but for that matter, isn't Roxas also part of Ven too? So really his existence doesn't matter (man I'm sure sounding heartless here...pun intended)

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Since others have done a really great job of explaining everything else, i'll just try to explain how Roxas and Namine have their own personalities and indentities making them their own people.

In the case of most of the humanoid nobodies, they were became nobodies via the normal process a nobody is created. As such Xigbar is the same person he was as Braig, Axel was the same person he was as Lea, so on and so forth.

But Roxas, Namine, and Xemnas are special nobodies. Instead of the things in Sora's heart that should have normally been transfered to his body like is the case with most humanoid nobodies, Sora as heartless was restored to human form thanks to Kairi before his memories and will could be transfered his nobody. As such Roxas lack the memories and will of Sora. Because of this Roxas developed his own and therefore his own personality which makes him his own person. Thus Sora and Roxas coexist. A similar case is done with Namine and Kairi since they also co exist.

Xemnas also developed his own mind and personality because XH kept his sense of self as a heartless, thus Xemnas like Roxas did not retain the things he should have from his time as a human, thus Xemnas developed his own mind and personality. XH also developed his own mind and personality most likely because MX's personality willingly remained dormant inside his heart thus letting XH's personality developed.

It's really a concept that has been used in other stories except usually it's done with the soul. (But in KH the heart and soul do not play the usual role they do in most other stories or in religions). When a person's indentiy and personality is forced to lay dormant or a piece of of that person becomes seperated and co-exists from the person they came from then a personality and indenity is formed.

If it had not been for the fact that Sora's memories got crossed into Xion and Roxas then Roxas and Xion would have never needed to return to Sora and thus they could have Co-Exists just fine with Sora for rest of their lives.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
3. The Grid- First I thought Tron, but he's dead. Then Kevin Flynn, but he's dead too. Sooo, maybe Quorra? I remember in the movie it was a really big thing her going into the human world because she was like a brand new kind of being, an Iso or whatever they were called. Sam Flynn is a possibility, but I doubt it.

ftr....
Tron is not dead. In Sora's side, they had CLU leave and retrieve Tron, so he wouldn't die.

Tron has not died in anything, not in the movie and not in the game. He is 100% alive.
In the movie, Rinzler fell into the Sea Of Simulation and was changed back into Tron.

iLeen

Awards
ftr....
Tron is not dead. In Sora's side, they had CLU leave and retrieve Tron, so he wouldn't die.

Tron has not died in anything, not in the movie and not in the game. He is 100% alive.
In the movie, Rinzler fell into the Sea Of Simulation and was changed back into Tron.

As he continually kept sinking and sinking...but I do hope (and believe) he is still alive and will appear in the next movie. That way, he can appear again in the KH series:D (plus, the movie is named after him, so he can't die^_^)

Ultima Spark

Yes I got the whole "nobodies can grow their own hearts" thing, but it still doesn't make sense to me. They should have kept the nobodies as.....nobodies! Hence the name. I thought they were called that because essentially, their existence does not matter and that they need to become whole again. I mean yeah some of the nobodies were cool, but I'd feel much better with just Roxas having his little "I have no past. Oh, I'm really just part of Sora, so I'll just sacrifice to make myslef whole again" thing. I really think they're doing this just to please fans...Anyway, but for that matter, isn't Roxas also part of Ven too? So really his existence doesn't matter (man I'm sure sounding heartless here...pun intended)

Kingdom Hearts. The "nobodies can grow a heart" thing has been hinted at since KH2, in the form of interviews and in the game itself (Axel sacrificing himself to save Sora and co., and then crying when he bids his final farewell to Roxas - you can't do either of those unless you feel very strongly for someone).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Memory Master and Ultima Spark already explained the additional stuff towards the issue very thoroughly.

Furthermore, they still start out as beings without a heart and as Xemnas explained, not all of them were capable of giving birth to a heart.
Going from the stuff you write there above I get the vibe you certainly either deny or forget that Roxas (and Naminé too, as well as Xemnas) are special cases and if you played Days you should know how much Roxas was struggling to become his own person and he never sacrificed himself because he really wanted to, he was forced to do so by DiZ, Naminé and Riku and only accepted it in the end because he had no choice anyways.
This isn't just "to please fans" because Roxas has been presented as a special being (also in interviews) from the very beginning.
And no, Roxas is not a part of Ventus in any manner, the only things he got from Ventus is his appearance and the second Keyblade. He carried Ven's heart which may have speed up the growth of his own (since Roxas was the fastest to develop true emotions, and he started from zero, as a Zombie!), but that is all that there is about it.
As Memory Master so splendidly pointed out already: Roxas is his own person, he is not Ventus, not Sora, not Vanitas, not the big Spaghettimonster but just plain Roxas. He developed an own existence, what's so hard to understand about that?
Even friggin' Sora himself says so in DDD and Ansem the Wise more or less confirms it.

DropDistance

Memory Master and Ultima Spark already explained the additional stuff towards the issue very thoroughly.

Furthermore, they still start out as beings without a heart and as Xemnas explained, not all of them were capable of giving birth to a heart.
Going from the stuff you write there above I get the vibe you certainly either deny or forget that Roxas (and Naminé too, as well as Xemnas) are special cases and if you played Days you should know how much Roxas was struggling to become his own person and he never sacrificed himself because he really wanted to, he was forced to do so by DiZ, Naminé and Riku and only accepted it in the end because he had no choice anyways.
This isn't just "to please fans" because Roxas has been presented as a special being (also in interviews) from the very beginning.
And no, Roxas is not a part of Ventus in any manner, the only things he got from Ventus is his appearance and the second Keyblade. He carried Ven's heart which may have speed up the growth of his own (since Roxas was the fastest to develop true emotions, and he started from zero, as a Zombie!), but that is all that there is about it.
As Memory Master so splendidly pointed out already: Roxas is his own person, he is not Ventus, not Sora, not Vanitas, not the big Spaghettimonster but just plain Roxas. He developed an own existence, what's so hard to understand about that?
Even friggin' Sora himself says so in DDD and Ansem the Wise more or less confirms it.

So when Roxas, Namine, and Xion come back will they be living like regular people on Destiny Islands? I still don't see what happens when they're saved.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So when Roxas, Namine, and Xion come back will they be living like regular people on Destiny Islands? I still don't see what happens when they're saved.

It won't be Destiny Islands, at least not for Roxas and Xion. They will most likely either live in Twilight Town and be friends with the real Hayner, Pence and Olette. (And it is Roxas' home world after all) or they may move to Radiant Garden to be with Lea and the FF-gang.
Naminé I can see either accompanying them or maybe be the only one to actually live on DI.

We can't see what happens because we don't know how KH III plays out. If they are saved before the final showdown, at least Roxas and Xion may help in the final battle since they can fight while Naminé stays with Yen Sid. If they are saved after the final battle, we may just see some sweet cutscenes where they relish in finally being able to exist on their own, with some obligatory thanking for Sora and meet their friends again before we see their final destination during the credits of KH III.

It doesn't have to be on Destiny Islands, but that's the idea.

Yup, exactly.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The way to save Roxas, Xion, and Namine is not clear but we do know they will need certain things have their own existences.

1. A body (Each one of them is going to need a body. A replica body probably wont work since we have seen that replica bodies usually have a few problems with them. They'll need to have bodies that are like the bodies people are normally born. How one goes about doing this is unknown.)

2. They will need to severe their ties to Sora's existence in a way that will not harm Sora. Since extracting things from the heart has been shown to damage what remains of a heart, then it will be difficult to remove Xion and Roxas from Sora without damaging Sora, and the same goes for Namine with Kairi. They also have to make it to where you don't have Sora's memories flooding into Xion or Roxas like they were in 358/2 Days, and also so Sora's condition isn't affecting Xion and Roxas by causes them to have strange visions or strange reactions to be near Sora (Like Namine starting to become distorted when she was near Kairi in KH2)

In other words they will need a new birth. They need a chance to be reborn as their own people in body, heart, and soul. Ansem the Wise refered to this new birth as their "Birth By Sleep". How this all works however remains a mystery but some clue about it is hidden in Ansem's research data.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
We can't see what happens because we don't know how KH III plays out. If they are saved before the final showdown, at least Roxas and Xion may help in the final battle since they can fight while Naminé stays with Yen Sid. If they are saved after the final battle, we may just see some sweet cutscenes where they relish in finally being able to exist on their own, with some obligatory thanking for Sora and meet their friends again before we see their final destination during the credits of KH III.
Yen Sid says in DDD that they're needed in order to take down Xehanort, so it'll likely be before the Final Battle.

As for how they're born, maybe Sora can use Kingdom Hearts for it. I mean, the general idea of Kingdom Hearts is that it gives life, and it's likely the stage for the final battle so maybe just when they're starting to face MX, Sora comes into contact with KH and frees Roxas, Xion, and Ventus from himself, same with Kairi and Namine. And then they fight!

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yen Sid says in DDD that they're needed in order to take down Xehanort, so it'll likely be before the Final Battle.

As for how they're born, maybe Sora can use Kingdom Hearts for it. I mean, the general idea of Kingdom Hearts is that it gives life, and it's likely the stage for the final battle so maybe just when they're starting to face MX, Sora comes into contact with KH and frees Roxas, Xion, and Ventus from himself, same with Kairi and Namine. And then they fight!

I completely agree with this. Ever since BBS the connections Sora's heart makes with others has been one of the major points of the plot. So perhaps to restore Roxas, Xion, and Namine, he will have to connect the greatest of all hearts.

One of the things I'm really curious about is if Roxas, Xion, and Namine are restored then will it simply be a restoration and granting of their own seperate existences, or will it literally be a new birth, as in they have to be reborn and will lose the memories of their past life (Since heart reincarnation seems to the be cycle of life and death in the series). Everything seems to point to just a restoration and granting of their own existences, but still this is KH, you never know what direction this series will take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back