• Spoiler tag your spoilers, please. That includes all unknown content from the DLC that was not shown in trailers or discussed in pre-release interviews.

Who Was The Traitor?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
One is, but the other is from many months ago.

Edit: I can just clarify things now:

1. MoM instructed Ava to give a copy of the Book of Prophecies to one specific Union leader. This person is most definitely not supposed to be Brain, but the point remains that one of the leaders was intended to receive the Book.

2. They're not in a Sleeping World, they are trapped in a Data World with no known means of escape. Brain is the one who realized this and is trying to find a way out.
Oh yeah I meant data world not sleeping world, my terminology mixed up because for the longest time it was a sleeping world theory, but the other part I must have missed. I have a tendency to watch the japanese videos you guys post here and when I get to that point in the US UX i just skip it cause I already watched it but I'm bound to have missed a few. Guess I'll just look em up on Youtube or play through just cutscene missions on UX again in my free time lol

Dast

Awards
I'm not sure if this interpretation is valid at all because it's been a while since I watched Back Cover. If I recall correctly, the Master never explicitly stated that the traitor was one of the Foretellers, nor anyone related to them.

Somehow, this lead me to the idea that Sora could be the traitor... hear me out. The Master was able to plan for everything, so that even if one of the Foretellers was to betray him, it would be by his own design and not a true betrayal. Sora was the only person able to contradict the book of prophecies, as he did by rewinding time in the keyblade graveyard and defeating Xehanort.

One more thing—the book spoke of "the one who bears the sigil," which to me made the line that Xemnas said to Sora in 3D rather suspicious: "as your flesh bears the sigil, so your name shall be known as that of a recusant."
Incidentally, there is 'a' known traitor who bears the sigil in the series: Saïx in Kingdom Hearts 3 betrays the organisation to bring Roxas back (as I understand) and the sigil is strikingly etched on his face.

I don't actually think this is more than an accidental parallel with the Back Cover traitor but I do sometimes wonder if Nomura meant anything by Saïx's scar.

OneDandelion

Awards
I'm starting to think they were all traitors in one form or another, but I also don't think "traitor" is meant as a bad thing, simply stating a fact. It is easy to link "traitor" to the dark chirithy, striletzias death, the keyblade war... etc... But it's not exactly that simple. All of them were "traitors" to the light or the MoM in one way or another.

But the Keyblade war would have happened anyway, the Dark Chirithy stated it came about from the player, and there is nothing to directly link either of these things to striletzias death yet.

The only effect the "traitor" had was to accelerate the keyblade war. The master of master would have known this would happen. He also knew that Ava and Luxu would be the only ones to escape it. At the moment I believe the accelerated development of the keyblade war was a show for Ava conducted by the MoM knowing she would become "darkness" to fulfill another undisclosed role. After all, Ava was chose as the leader of the dandelions for a reason that I would assume to be the strength of her character, perhaps knowing she would end up in the realm of darkness, survive, and become the "darkness" that communicates with maleficent. At the very least if it is not a more nuanced reason, I can't think of an explanation as to why Ava had to be the one to lead the dandelions.

shivaa

Awards
It seems like they're all traitors at this point, but we'll see.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I still say it's Gula! He's the Colonel Mustard of the Zoo-Keys! I also suspect he time traveled to also slay Marly's sister too!

And while it's true they could all be traitors I firmly stand by it's Gula who instigated the whole thing. They could all be guilty except for Ava, she's innocent. If Zootopia has taught me anything it's never wrongly accuse a fox.

ZeVaine

Awards
Gula is certainly the traitor, in my mind.

He and Xehanort even share the same goal - start the keyblade war and summon kingdom hearts.