• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who wants an online mode?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Neo_

Awards
We live in 2019; this isn't 20 years ago where a single-player experience can keep me engrossed forever. What about just a simple Keyblade arena mode, using already preexisting assets? It would be a 1v1 or 1v1v1 where players choose Sora, Riku or Aqua; maybe they could even add DLC characters along the way. Arenas could be the Keyblade Graveyard, Scala, the throne room where Vanitas is fought, a San Fransokyo rooftop, etc.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly, but I thought Nomura expressed multiple times over the years that he wanted an online component to the game.

Now what I really do think I am misremembering is a year or two ago he said online wasn’t in but it was a plan of his for online to be a post-content release via patch or DLC.

At any rate, just give me arena missions like BbS to play both solo and with friends. None of the mini-games lend themselves to online, unless they greatly expanded Verum Rex to be a longer shooter game lol, so yeah I think I’d be content with 20-30 arena battles with varying rounds and boss rushes.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I stand by my idea of integrating Re:Coded more by using the datascape as a way to replay KH3’s story missions and to introduce co-op missions, raid bosses, etc.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
An online 1v1 would be amazing! They should find a way to make all characters usable (Disney characters and original characters). Any character that had a fighting model should be usable.

I would also love online play where you can go through the story with friends (they can play as whoever they want to be like Kairi/Aqua or anyone that had a fighting model in game). I don't care if the cutscenes erase them for Donald/Goofy, I just want to be able to play with friends.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Talks of multiplayer always makes me miss Days' Mission Mode. Characters like Zexion sucked thanks to how magic was done, but I had fun with it.

Plus the loser animations were great.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I would definitely play it a lot. Just...please don't make it 3 vs 3 like DIssidia NT :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We live in 2019; this isn't 20 years ago where a single-player experience can keep me engrossed forever. What about just a simple Keyblade arena mode, using already preexisting assets? It would be a 1v1 or 1v1v1 where players choose Sora, Riku or Aqua; maybe they could even add DLC characters along the way. Arenas could be the Keyblade Graveyard, Scala, the throne room where Vanitas is fought, a San Fransokyo rooftop, etc.

They had hired people to work on MP quite a few years ago, but I think they either had problems with developing it or due to some other reason they decided they were better off focusing on just a single player experience.

Amadeus

Awards
A Mission Mode-like multiplayer mode would be a dream! Even if it was just something simple like a few co-op coliseum cups.... Or a boss rush? That would be fun, like the Mirage Arena!

This could also be the place to implement the wardrobe again, because whether or not multiple playable characters are integrated, there will definitely be a need to differentiate between players. They might just do palette swaps, or force lock-ins like the archive missions in Overwatch (if they only use the three existing playable characters). In any case, there are just so many possibilities for multiplayer in KH3! I just hope they have local multiplayer as an option because I can't afford PS+....

Neo_

Awards
This could also be the place to implement the wardrobe again, because whether or not multiple playable characters are integrated, there will definitely be a need to differentiate between players. They might just do palette swaps, or force lock-ins like the archive missions in Overwatch (if they only use the three existing playable characters). In any case, there are just so many possibilities for multiplayer in KH3! I just hope they have local multiplayer as an option because I can't afford PS+....
How could I forget about the wardrobe?! After how much effort they put into Aqua's in 0.2, I thought it was a shoe-in in III.

Even for alternate costumes, Sora has all his alternate world forms plus even the KH1/2 outfits from the beginning of the game; they could bring back said Aqua gear from 0.2 and possessed Riku... could really make for an addicting unlockable experience, though sadly, I personally think the most we'll see is some Riku/Verum Rex DLC story and not the online versus multiplayer we speak of.

Back