• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who suffered the most? Terra or Aqua?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who suffered the most? Terra or Aqua

• Terra

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • Aqua

Votes: 19 37.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I felt that in many cases she was wrongfully antagonized by Terra and Ven.

I'm not so sure. I mean, we got to see what Terra did before Radiant Garden and what Aqua's been through. She had basically zero reason to get on his case like she did in Radiant Garden, and the way she switched attitudes once she saw that he wasn't just going to slump his shoulders and say she was right shows to me that perhaps she didn't believe it all that much herself - in which case she should've shut her mouth and tried to hear his side of the story as well.
Granted, this wouldn't have felt so damn bloody ridiculous had her story been better written up to Radiant Garden, but about the last she saw of Terra himself was actually a good thing and Timeline wise, it was the last anyone's seen of Terra before Radiant Garden.
Ironically, Ven would've had a lot more reason to act that way towards Terra since he both heard Maleficent's accusations as well as heard what went on in the Dwarf Woodlands, but he still didn't. And I think part of why he got on her back like that was because, frankly? After comforting him so much in the Enchanted Dominion and speaking in Terra's defense? I'm sorry, Aqua's a huge freaking hypocrite. Ven had quite a few reasons for calling her out like this, especially since she never explained what she "saw" that Terra did.

it didn't give Terra or Ven the right to shun her for just following orders

She put it over their friendship. I'd say it's justified.

Up until the Final Episode, Aqua never said anything about being a master

Ven's known Aqua for a couple of good years. During those years, all three of them were - or so we're told - a fluffy, supporting family. Then Aqua pulled "bad cop". What changed between then and then? Aqua passing the Mark of Mastery exam. So no, she wouldn't have to be the one to bring it up, if Ven felt that's what changed her. The "coincidence" of the timing will be support enough for his claims.

Being a good, caring friend ultimately (and ironically) is what led to her own downfall, having to suffer because the simplest and good intentions.

Especially in the second half of the game, it didn't feel to me like she cared so much about Terra as much as the ideal of him she created in her head :\ That's not being a good friend.

Time may move slowly in the Realm of Darkness but a decade of isolation

Again, Aqua mentioned spending mere hours in the RoD. You can't really even begin to compare.

Like someone mentioned, it has to do with preference. Those who like Aqua may claim she suffered more, same thing with Terra.

There's a limit to how much preference can take you.

Flickr

-siiiiigh- i say yes terra but then again no, aqua.... ¬_¬
I mean i'm not saying "omg nuuu Aqua-chan suffered more!" No. Personally I think the two equally suffered. Does it even MATTER who suffered more? I just want the damn suffering to be over.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
-siiiiigh- i say yes terra but then again no, aqua.... ¬_¬
I mean i'm not saying "omg nuuu Aqua-chan suffered more!" No. Personally I think the two equally suffered. Does it even MATTER who suffered more? I just want the damn suffering to be over.
The girl speaks wisdom. Listen to her.

Sadie808

Terra because he lost his body to an old man then he whooped his body @ss and then got whoop by aqua and then got saved by aqua and then finally ended up with Ansem the wise them and from there kingdom hearts 1 - 2 till 3

Beyer

Despite being a major Aqua fan and not exactly a Terra fan I am willing to admit that Terra suffered more.

This thread made me realise/remember that the Terra inside Xehanort isn't dormant and essentially dead/asleep/coma and is actually constantly fighting to get out. Terra's got it pretty bad.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
If I had to choose, I'd have to say that Terra suffered worse, because the amount of awful things that happened to him was significantly higher.

Seriously, the entire game was just one trauma after another for the poor guy. He fails the most important test of his life, finding out in the process that there's something evil in him that he doesn't know how to get rid of. As soon as he goes to another world to start working towards his mastery again, he's possessed and used to steal the heart of one of the princesses he had been told to protect, and told that he must have wanted it or else he couldn't have been possessed. He does his best to keep his darkness under control, terrified that he's going to hurt someone again, but ends up in a life-or-death situation that forces him to use it to survive, and ends up accidentally blowing some guy's eye out, which traumatizes him to the point that he can barely process what's going on. He keeps messing up and winding up on the wrong side, further destroying his confidence. He's forced into another life-or-death fight, this time with his own Master, and he's completely horrified by the fact that he was willing to fight... and then his Master is murdered right in front of him and his homeworld is destroyed. When he goes after the monster that did it, his body itself is stolen from him and used to commit horrific acts for the next eleven years.

Aqua doesn't have it quite so bad, though she's probably more messed up than a lot of you are giving her credit for.

She's pretty heavily weighed down by her responsibilities, even at the start of the game. But she really starts seeing herself as a failure after she drives both Terra and Ven away in Radiant Garden, and comes to fear that the dark path that Terra's on is her fault and that she'll have to be the one to take him down in order to protect the world. By Destiny Islands, she's clearly suffering from the knowledge that she might have to fight and kill one of her best friends in order to fulfill her own duties as Keyblade Master. She finds out that her Master was killed by that same best friend, and that he didn't even mean to do it. She sees Ven possessed, fights him, cracks the X-blade and barely manages to hold onto his unconscious body, only to find out that his heart is gone and may never return. She returns to the Land of Departure to find a safe place for him only to find it completely destroyed, her Master's lifeless Keyblade a reminder of both his death and her own failure at following his last orders. She's asked by Terra himself to kill him, finds him possessed and is forced to fight him, and sees his own body stab itself in the chest with a Keyblade and sink into the Realm of Darkness. And, while she's able to save him from that fate, she's stuck there by herself for years, with absolutely nothing to protect her from the darkness threatening to consume her heart.

(That last bit, in fact, is kind of important - while time might flow differently in the Realm of Darkness, she could potentially have faced far worse than ten years of solitude due to the fact that the atmosphere itself was doing its best to corrode her heart. She always felt more emotionally resilient than Terra to me, and she's left completely hopeless and suicidal, so it must have been truly awful)

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think we can all agree that at the end, all of TAV got screwed over. It's just that Ven got to Sleep it away inside Sora while Terra had to deal with MX and Aqua fast forwarded a decade in Darkness.
Looking at the path they all traversed, though, Terra got the shorter end of the stick. He also seemed to be the one to understand his situation the most while Ven was trying to make "new friends" and Aqua clang to idealistic dreams she herself helped ruin.
A great part of why despite it all, I can't sympathize all that much with Aqua. She brought most of it on herself.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Looking at the path they all traversed, though, Terra got the shorter end of the stick. He also seemed to be the one to understand his situation the most while Ven was trying to make "new friends" and Aqua clang to idealistic dreams she herself helped ruin.
A great part of why despite it all, I can't sympathize all that much with Aqua. She brought most of it on herself.

I don't know if I'd say Terra understood his situation the most, as much as that he's completely missing the ability to compartmentalize his feelings that Aqua has and therefore reacts much more strongly and immediately than she does. He's just as clueless about the fact that trying to be independent is unnatural and doing him more harm than good as she is for most of the game.

I think they both essentially have the same problem, which is essentially Eraqus' fault -- they've both internalized the Keyblade Master ideal and act as if they should both be living up to it. Aqua unintentionally hurts Terra more, because he can't live up to it, but the role itself clearly hurts her as well, and that's not really any more her fault than Terra's pain from not being able to measure up is.

Cheaken

Awards
Again, Aqua mentioned spending mere hours in the RoD. You can't really even begin to compare.
She said "endless hours," so we can't really say how long she has been in the ROD, it could have been from a few days to a few years.

But on who suffered more, I think Terra just slightly beats Aqua.

LynnStrife

Awards
Website
lynnstrife.deviantart.com
Well, they both suffered a lot, but I think Terra suffered more than Aqua. He had to fight against the darkness the whole time, actually he had to fight against himself. And everyone else seemed to lose trust in him (except Ven maybe).
Sure, Aqua had a tough time too, trying to save everyone and everything, and seeing Terra suffer...
Still, I voted for Terra ^^

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Not really. Ven may not like it, but he is pretty safe where he is.

Samhain

Bronze Member
im VERY surprised that this poll hasn't been dominated by Aqua like it always is -rolls eyes

i mean im surprised that most ppl didnt say
"OMGZ TERRA BOUGHT THIS UPON HIMSELF. HE IS NOOB FOR BELIVING AN OLD PEDO LIKE XEHANORT"

finally ppl are begginning to realize Terra suffered way more. the poor guy in the entire game failed in literally everything. he really had no luck to him.

i like the tragicness. this is what KH should be about. more tragic than happy endings, more dark. that's what makes a game good and receives a better audience so ppl are not like "o brother not another hollywood ending". not everything being all happy, happy like it was in KH2.

Radar

Bronze Member
im VERY surprised that this poll hasn't been dominated by Aqua like it always is -rolls eyes

i mean im surprised that most ppl didnt say
"OMGZ TERRA BOUGHT THIS UPON HIMSELF. HE IS NOOB FOR BELIVING AN OLD PEDO LIKE XEHANORT"

finally ppl are begginning to realize Terra suffered way more. the poor guy in the entire game failed in literally everything. he really had no luck to him.

i like the tragicness. this is what KH should be about. more tragic than happy endings, more dark. that's what makes a game good and receives a better audience so ppl are not like "o brother not another hollywood ending". not everything being all happy, happy like it was in KH2.
Thats what I liked so much about bbs every charecter (TAV) had a tragic ending.

Kevin Perez

I don't know if I'd say Terra understood his situation the most, as much as that he's completely missing the ability to compartmentalize his feelings that Aqua has and therefore reacts much more strongly and immediately than she does. He's just as clueless about the fact that trying to be independent is unnatural and doing him more harm than good as she is for most of the game.

I think they both essentially have the same problem, which is essentially Eraqus' fault -- they've both internalized the Keyblade Master ideal and act as if they should both be living up to it. Aqua unintentionally hurts Terra more, because he can't live up to it, but the role itself clearly hurts her as well, and that's not really any more her fault than Terra's pain from not being able to measure up is.
This I can agree with. I feel that if one is going to argue about who "brought it upon themselves" you might well blame Ven himself for his current state for not staying put in the Land of Depature and Terra for being so easily manipulated by the bad guys. However, Master Xehanort probably the deserves the most scrunity just 'cuz of how he screwed over the former two causing Aqua to indirectly get involved in his actions and thus, becoming a victim herself. It is an extreme understatement that they got screwed over.

I think the more painful aspect of it all is each respective character meets their "doom", and it's almost as if they never existed. Now that certainly triumphs almost any suffering one could argue for any character.

Absolute

This I can agree with. I feel that if one is going to argue about who "brought it upon themselves" you might well blame Ven himself for his current state for not staying put in the Land of Depature and Terra for being so easily manipulated by the bad guys. However, Master Xehanort probably the deserves the most scrunity just 'cuz of how he screwed over the former two causing Aqua to indirectly get involved in his actions and thus, becoming a victim herself. It is an extreme understatement that they got screwed over.

Actually, that brings up an interesting point. If Ven was suppose to stay in the LoD to stop the X-Blade plan, who and why on earth gave him the armor and key glider to leave the world?

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Actually, that brings up an interesting point. If Ven was suppose to stay in the LoD to stop the X-Blade plan, who and why on earth gave him the armor and key glider to leave the world?

Probably because Eraqus needed to make it look like Ven was being treated as a normal student. He refused to let Ven go to other worlds yet, but training him how to use the glider could have given him more in the way of plausible deniability, maybe?

Crystal

Silver Member

Wasn't Ventus originally having the keyblade ? Since before he come to LoD, he is train under MX ?
The armor is to protect them from darkness right?

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
The armor and flying thing comes with the keyblade so to speak. He saw Terra do it and copied him.
Plus theres also the possibility that MX had already trained him how to do it. I don't remember at the moment but i think Ven still had that piece of armor as MXs apprentice (correct me if I'm wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back