• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

who still wants jesse mccartney to be ven?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

trixchasin

so after hearing his performance in 358/2 i really don't know what to think
about whether i'd want him taking on the voice of ven in BBS.
i didn't feel like his performance in 358/2 was as good as it had been in KH2.
and it could have been for any number of reasons: the director, the actor, the translation decisions,
or simply that it's been a while since he's played the character.
so i'm trying to not pin it all on him completely, because i DID like his performance in KH2.
so i'm interested to hear what you guys think - after hearing him in 358/2, would you
want him taking on the role of ven>? or would you rather they find a replacement voice actor?

as for me - i'm still on the fence about it. how bout you guys?

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I personally do not care. I simply want the most fitting actor to give Ven his voice.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I thought he sounded really good as Roxas, and hope he returns, but if not, oh well :/

kingjustink

i haven't played 358/2 days yet, but I still think Jesse did a superb job in Kingdom Hearts 2. I'd say keep him.

i eat dark

he was voice roxas in days? O____O
he sounds different....i didnt like how he sounded in days...

Sango la dango

I didn't like him in days (or as far as I've gotten) but he is the voice who fits for Roxas, and I am looking on what they look like so I'd say he fits for Ven too. but his voice is changing which means that he might not fit anymore when days comes out, so if they find someone who's as good as Jesse were in kh2 then I say go for it...

A

Audo

If they changed the actor now it would lose the entire point. The whole point is that Ven looks and sounds exactly like Roxas. But if they give Ven a new VA, without a chance for that same VA to play as Roxas, then it just seems like they are supposed to have different Voice Actors -- which they aren't.

If this was before Days came out, and they decided to switch the actor than it would be fine. But that's not what they did, and quite clearly, Jesse McCartney is up for recording again. They're going to keep him, and they should. At least for continuity's sake.

xxjunkyxx

No way. I honestly like jesse as roxas. Not because of his voice acting, but just his voice alone is what makes roxas...ROXAS.

Also I agree to the above post... you can't change voice actors for BBS or else that removes the whole point of the sora//ven//roxas connections.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I honestly think he did a good job in Days, and it's obvious he's staying for continuity and such, even if his acting in KH2 was a little...

"HEY, LOOK SHARP"

Coeurl

Demon Dance
i do. i think i got used to his voice and style in 2. and i never even heard him in Days. so yeah, i'm still ok with Jesse to be Ven.

and yeah, what Audo said.

Radon

mofo
The wholes point of Jesse being Ven is so that you just think that you're looking at Roxas.

If you're really spoiler picky:

Xion was supposed to be the same sort of thing for Kairi except for a little change in looks. Her voice in Japanese was the same as Kairi's. However seeing as the role of Kairi was replaced it now seems that you're not looking at Kairi.

Roxas' voice is Jesse, therefore, Ven's voice is Jesse.

A

Audo

Actually, it worked for Xion too since Alyson Stoner played Kairi in Re:CoM. With a title to set it up before Days, the desired effect was generally received.

Not to mention that she voices Kairi in Days as well...

Radon

mofo
Oh yeah. Forgot that. :S

But that just adds to the reason that Ven will be voiced by Jesse.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
∞;4476413 said:
I personally do not care. I simply want the most fitting actor to give Ven his voice.

I agree. I don't care much about the voice actors (apart from Quinton Flynn).

Diastyl

As long as its not the Jo bro or Zac Effron, its fine with me. But I think Jesse McCartney did a great job, so I'm sort of hoping that he'd voice Ven

Soren

Awards
i haven't played 358/2 days yet, but I still think Jesse did a superb job in Kingdom Hearts 2. I'd say keep him.

I have to agree. Jesse was a superb Roxas when you think about how he played him in KH2. I still haven't played 358/2 Days so I don't have any opinion on that yet, but I'm looking foward to it.

J0hnny0hm

Ven is already confirmed to be voiced by Roxas' Japanese voice actor, so I assume they'll do the same for U.S.

I hope they do. McCartney is good at this. I don't like his music that much, but I like the fact that he will voice a character for such an awesome game, not to mention do a great job at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back