• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who should have been the main character of Days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I forever more blame the writing and Roxas's mistreatment, myself. More so than Xion getting main focus, they could've given us more Roxas instead of shoving mission after useless, pointless mission. Also, as cute as they were, the "silent" ice cream scenes. Ok, we get the point, they're BFFs over sea-salt. Get over yourselves :\

Yeah, you're right. They should have more detailed events in Days and more focus on Roxas, instead of presenting us with Roxas in the beginning and then gradually shifting it to Xion. I wish they could have presented more to do with the start of the Organization, not saying as the main characters, but how the Organization came into existence and how their Somebodies came to be Heartless. And, maybe how Roxas saw stuff instead of them showing him off as a zombie. They should have not skipped so many days, because a lot of important things happened, like the mission to Hollow Bastion. It isn't in the games, but we see a cutscene in KH2 about Maleficent resurrecting.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, you're right. They should have more detailed events in Days and more focus on Roxas, instead of presenting us with Roxas in the beginning and then gradually shifting it to Xion.

See, I keep comparing this to CoM. The focus shifting to Xion wasn't a bad thing. It happened in CoM as well when we discovered more about Namine than "the girl who disappeared from the islands". What happened in CoM though was that Sora kept focus while Roxas never had it to begin with and it continued to the end.

I wish they could have presented more to do with the start of the Organization, not saying as the main characters, but how the Organization came into existence and how their Somebodies came to be Heartless.

Only going by how Days was to tell the tale of Roxas's time in the Organization, those stories have no place in it. They didn't show it because, by definition, the game didn't set out to tell it.

And, maybe how Roxas saw stuff instead of them showing him off as a zombie.

I think his development out of being a zombie was well played. It showed how his interaction with the Organization, specifically Axel, helped shape him. I wish they'd have continued developing him though instead of leaving him as a bi-polar, backstabbing friend who had an unhealthy obsession for the wrong person.

They should have not skipped so many days, because a lot of important things happened, like the mission to Hollow Bastion. It isn't in the games, but we see a cutscene in KH2 about Maleficent resurrecting.

Maleficent resurrected regardless of what happened in the novels. The crow disappeared somewhere after KH1, and it returning made people remember Maleficent. Anything the novels wanted to expand on doesn't seem to matter much, especially seeing how 1) HOW it happened doesn't matter in the long run, 2) the games offer a good enough explanation, as opposed to, say, the novels confirming Snarl of Memories is actually Riku's Memories flowing into Xion and from there to Sora. Not anything one couldn't understand from the game, but getting confirmation and an explanation was nice.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
THIS^

tho i blame it on the writing.

i heard somewhere that Nomura holed himself up in a hotel for a month to do the script.

Either way, the real problem is that not Xion's plot involvement as much as we get only one playable character of the two and neither get enough development to satisfy. maybe if less effort was put into graphics, we'd get more story.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Considering the fact that the game was created to show Roxas' life in the Organization, I'm gonna have to go with Roxas as the main character.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
i heard somewhere that Nomura holed himself up in a hotel for a month to do the script.

You're confusing him with Heath Ledger. Nomura only locked himself up for two weeks.

Either way, the real problem is that not Xion's plot involvement as much as we get only one playable character of the two and neither get enough development to satisfy. maybe if less effort was put into graphics, we'd get more story.

I love you for this so ridiculously much. Though I wouldn't really blame the graphics, I can easily think of a plethora of things that take up space besides the graphics that when removed throughout the game, would no doubt leave an impressive amount of space for more plot.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
You're confusing him with Heath Ledger. Nomura only locked himself up for two weeks.
Well, it was close. and I actually think I confused him with Miyazaki who did something similar for one of his (amazing) films.

I love you for this so ridiculously much. Though I wouldn't really blame the graphics, I can easily think of a plethora of things that take up space besides the graphics that when removed throughout the game, would no doubt leave an impressive amount of space for more plot.
aww, I love you too!!!! *hug*
but yeah, some playable xion missions and a couple journal entries could've improved the character. I far from hate her as is. I just look for the best in fiction.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
but yeah, some playable xion missions and a couple journal entries could've improved the character. I far from hate her as is. I just look for the best in fiction.

Ugh, this to eternity. As much as I love Xion and think that for a plot device, she's expanded upon, SO MUCH is left unshown. She's, for better or worse, what drives Days around but we still don't get to see what really gets her ticking. What did she see in the Organization's computers? What did she see in Castle Oblivion? What happened during that month she went missing with Riku?
Hell even more plot oriented details like whose face did Axel see that made him let Xion go when they were in Wonderland?
It's like during those times they tried to keep Roxas as the protagonist but that left us with scenes at the ends of missions having him go to worlds, not find Xion, and sigh in depression :\ so either give him more substance, or stop pretending it's his game and work properly on Xion.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Roxas, not that Xion was bad, i liked that character, i just think the game was good how it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back