• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who Should Get New Outfits In Phase 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who Should Get New Outfits In Phase 2?

• Sora

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Riku

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Kairi

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Roxas

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Donald

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Goofy

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Mickey

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Namine

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • Xion

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Aqua

Votes: 27 65.9%

• Total voters

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Now that the KH franchise is moving into phase 2, I wanted to know who you think needs new outfits?

I actually may be in the minority, but I'm kind of hoping Donald/Goofy get something new. Their current outfits are perfect, but I feel for the next saga it would make sense to give them a little change.

Thoughts?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think my opinion on Donald and Goofy has changed a little. We've now been with these costumes for so long that they feel like one of the last recognizable vestiges to the start of our journey with Kingdom Hearts. Like, sure, you could try to give them new costumes, but they really already do their job so perfectly it's hard to imagine topping them.

In Toy Box, Sora transforms into a toyetic version of his normal self, with a smooth, plasticky version of his normal outfit. Meanwhile, Donald and Goofy, for some strange reason, end up wearing completely new clothes, albeit in a lower fidelity toy style. Donald is wearing a blue boater hat with a black jacket, and Goofy is wearing a bomber jacket and a green cap with sunglasses on it. Generally, as costumes, these ideas seem too bold and uncharacteristic for Donald and Goofy, and I strongly believe that these are rejected designs for their full KH3 costumes.

It's one of those things they got so right in the beginning that I really don't want them to mess with it now.

For characters who should get an update, I think Namine is due for an update. She's snackin in her short dress but I can't imagine that's very comfortable. Mickey can always get a new costume, although at this point he has so many that he really could cycle through them. Aqua could get an update I guess, but I don't think she'll ever be so important that she'll need one.

Sora can hang onto his current clothes until KH4. Same with Riku and Kairi. We really didn't get enough time with Riku and Kairi, but I find their new clothes to be very cool, especially Riku's.

Noivern

Awards
Oh wow, finally a thread for me!

The answer is simple: every single character that did not get a new look for 3. That means every one outside of Destiny Island Trio, Xion, Axel, Isa and Hayner, Pence and Olette.

If I had to pick characters that needed a new wardrobe more so than others, Ven and Roxas definitely are up there as they have been featured in multiple places with the same outfit, and they also have the parallel to each other and more individuality is nice.

Ven's case is definitely the worst offender as while his outfit made sense in BBS with the theme they had going for the disciples as well as Xehanort and Eraqus, nowadays we know he's been using the same clothes since he was around 12 years old............. it basically throws the entire prologue to KH2 in the trash, honestly. lol

Also, please give Naminé something other than that madeup dress that was probably made with the courtains of the white room.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I mean, #1 is going to be Namine. This poor girl has been a complete afterthought for years. She needs to get out of that stupid bath towel and into some real clothes :\

After her, TAV for sure. 10 years being stuck in the same outfit is ridiculous both in-universe and out. Their clothes must be so nasty. I'm hopeful they'll still play a big role so they're gonna need some new duds.

Everyone else I can take it or leave it. Roxas's outfit is very outdated but I'm personally not expecting to see much of him so, eh.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I would say Donald and Goofy but after wearing the same clothes for two decades I doubt Nomura will bother. KH3 even seemed to poke fun at it with Donald wanting a new outfit from Yen Sid. I'd like to be proven wrong though so I'm still voting for them

Aside from them TAV is a must. Not sure what would motivate them to get new clothes but maybe Axel or Riku could take them into getting a wardrobe change. As for Namine I envision her wearing a white blouse with a pair of blue jeans, lol

GreyouTT

Awards
I'd like Ven to get one just so he's more visibly distinct from Roxas (provided they've ditched the coat for good).

pastel.goblin

Awards
Naminé obviously, please give my girl something new. Other than her it'd be interesting to see everyone else still in their introductory clothes get something new. I seem to be in the minority in that I actually really like Roxas' outdated outfit lol, maybe it's just nostalgia XD That said I'd be fine with something new for him, I'm just not sure about the plaid kick Nomura seems to be on lately

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Elrena and Lauriam could use new clothes as well. Could just be updated redesigns of their Chi outfits.

Awards
Naminé definitely.

I want Roxas to keep his KH2 outfit but I wouldn't mind if he went through a DMC-style redesign where his outfit is different but familiar at the same time. Keeping the color scheme and such.

And he needs long sleeves

Cumguardian69

Awards
Sora, Riku, Kairi: they need to get Keyblade Armor

Aqua: needs a new outfit

Roxas: retain the black coat

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Xion, definitely. I'd also like to see Aqua in something new. Donald and Goofy--I'd like to, but I'm also worried that the new outfits could suck and why mess with a good thing... Namine is another one I'd like to see in something else because the short, white dress makes her look like a mental patient. She's finally got her own life--she should wear something colorful now.

I'm fine with Roxas' Twilight outfit staying the same, I always loved that. The others... Either way's fine. I enjoy the core characters getting new outfits every game and yet I liked Riku's outfit and Kairi's KH3 look was the only outfit the character's ever had that I liked. Since hair and model changes are part of the outfits though--I guess I'd like to see Riku grow his hair back out so he doesn't look like a Noctis knockoff. Also get his cyan eyes back.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Namine and TAV definitely need new outfits.

Roxas REALLY needs a new outfit. He stands out like a sore thumb.

Kairi needs a new outfit mostly because I don’t think her dress makes sense.

I think if there is a reasonable gap between KH3 and the next major KH game, then SRK should all get new clothes just for the hell of it, but I want to be able to go back to their old outfits. Add in a costume system, SE. What the heck.

2 quid is good

Awards
Personally I like Roxas' outfit a lot but then again my mind is just a mid 00s culture hive so I'm probably biased there.

And count me as another vote for Namine, it's been 16 years man!

TAV I can take it or leave it but I dislike Kairi's new look a hell of a lot, the concept art makes it look so much better than UE4 where its all plasticy and play dough-like

Back