• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is Vanitas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

zexyishsmexy

My thoughts:

I think the eyebrow thing is misleading, I'm seeing it as much smaller than, I think, most are. I think half the eyebrow you all are seeing is shadow. I had to look at it for a while, but the fact that the melted areas of the mask are VERY close to flesh color threw me off.

ven.jpg

do you see how it VERY slightly differs in color?

Also I don't think the hair is black, I think it is a very dull brown.

I don't know if this HELPS at all, or if it is even right, but I thought I'd throw it into the fray.

(if you can read the words, cause they are kinda blurry...it says "melted mask, shadow, actual eyebrow" in order from top to bottom :D)

Guess I might as well say this as well:

I'm guessing Vanitas HAS to be male, just based on his structure. His broad shoulders, his muscular arms and torso. but take his lack of boobs with a grain of salt, because...as we all know...KH girls have none :p (kidding)

So I, personally, am ruling out the Xion/Namine/any female at ALL theories.

I'm expecting a Sora/Riku/Ven look-a-like myself, or else why cover the face, right?
The face of someone we haven't been introduced to yet is just as mysterious as a mask.

Last edited:

SuperSailorEarth

I don't think his eyes look that evil, they're kind of soft looking actually. Or maybe its kind of a possessed look? But I think they look feminine even though the Dark Suit is for a male body...

Izayoi

galactic cancer
i don't think he is anyone of them since sora and riku are 4 years old and vanitas is about as tall as van. and it can't be van because he is seen fighting vanitas.

It's not "being them" as much as it is "looking like them".

At leat we know that Vanitas is someone we know else his face wouldn't be hidden. but unfortunately, we're never gonna know until the game comes out

Xion's face was covered, and it's not like knowing what she looked like would have led us to believe what she was. Just because the face is covered doesn't mean it's that important; while Ven's reactions may show that how Van looks is significant, it's hard to conclude there.

Oblivionite

I think Vanitas is going to look like the "xehanort" from kingdom hearts 2, or he is a younger ansem the wise, or he is a completely new character.

rikufan06

THIS QUESTION WAS WRITTEN AND THOUGHT OF WITH NO CONSIDERATION IN THE CURRENT NEWS KHINSIDER GIVES OR HAS BEEN GIVING SINCE WE FIRST FOUND OUT ABOUT KHBBS SINCE LIKE 2007

Tatsu

You know what would be weird. If he looked just like Riku. I mean Ven looks like Sora and Roxas so there should be someone who looks like Riku.

XjXsOlJa

NHSrep
It would be hilarious if it turned out to be Terra, Aqua, and Ven's master. (Forgot what his name was.)

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
My thoughts:

I think the eyebrow thing is misleading, I'm seeing it as much smaller than, I think, most are. I think half the eyebrow you all are seeing is shadow. I had to look at it for a while, but the fact that the melted areas of the mask are VERY close to flesh color threw me off.

ven.jpg

do you see how it VERY slightly differs in color?

Also I don't think the hair is black, I think it is a very dull brown.

Let me start by saying that you aren't paying attention to value here. Upon indicating above what you see the eyebrow to be as shadow, and indicating the shaded regions at the corner of the eye and along the ending point of the eyebrow, the value between the shaded skin tones aren't the same. That area you see as shaded is indeed the rest of his eyebrow. However the eyebrow could be shaded which may cause it to look black, when in fact the hair of the eyebrow may be a dull brown, on that part who knows, but again that is his full and complete eyebrow.

Identifying the fact that i could be wrong about it being a complete eyebrow, we could also consider that something may be covering his head like a rag, because it is true that the two values of what seem like a full eyebrow are also off. Who knows i suppose?

Kenpachi

Vanitas could be Riku's Father, Uncle or Trainer, seeing how Vanitas and Riku's Battle Style are the same. Though I could be wrong.

Though it could be that Vanitas is really Riku's Brother...

Kenpachi

As i said before, Ven might still be alive, but we wont know till end of BBS.

And Xion is not dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Vanitas could be Riku's Father, Uncle or Trainer, seeing how Vanitas and Riku's Battle Style are the same. Though I could be wrong.

Though it could be that Vanitas is really Riku's Brother...

Errrr, no. Family isn't important in KH. Not too mention that would be a shitty way of connecting Riku and Vanitas.

And Xion is not dead.

Ummm, yeah she is. Did you play Days?

Kenpachi

You must have not gotten that far in day ether, but i spend alot of time on the intrnet and have been hawk eyeing Days since it was first mentioned in Japan.

If you where to look it up, you would see that She was the One who the the Oblivion to Riku, Not Roxas, this is a quote to support it:

When both Roxas and Riku finished eradicating the Heartless, and turned on each other for a battle, while losing the first, Riku manages to stop Roxas once he removes the cloth from his eyes and transforms into Xehanort's Heartless. Unconscious then, Xion talks to Roxas through his mind, telling him not to be sad because she has become one with him and Sora, then she tells him that soon he too will become one with Sora. Despite the fact that memories of Xion have been forgotten by everyone, she tells him that she still has her own memories, so she doesn't mind that he has forgotten her, as she won't forget him or Axel.

That means that shes NOT dead. if you want the link to the page i got this from, let me know.

Lonbilly

Awards
Ummm, that's where the memories were beginning to fade, along with Xion entirely. After that she was gone. So yeah, she's dead.

Kenpachi

You must have not payed attenion to CoM then, Memories can Neaver truly be forgotten, And Xion was absorbed by Roxas, there making impossible to determine if she's dead or alive.

So it rlly can't be proven if she's really dead, all her 'Death' did was raise more Questions.

washi95

I got a photo of Vantias from the Winter Birth By Sleep trailer, I got as much of his face as I could, it reveals a bit more of his face, and judging from it I think he is Xehanort who eventually becomes AtW's apprentice. Also is it just me, or does he look a whole lot like Terra?
user_11540_FFGTXQHD.jpg

Last edited:

.:Mega:.

Awards
His bangs don't look like Xehanort's, though. Plus... age.

I still don't see why people think he becomes apprentice Xehanort when he's like Ven's age. o___o; What's visible of his hair looks like either Sora's bangs. It even goes in the right direction.

See?

EDIT: Actually, they look a lot like Ven's bangs, too, but not Riku's. Rikus go straight down.

Lonbilly

Awards
It's actually possible for him to be connected to Sora. I mean, same bangs, same voice actor, etc. Though why he is also connected to Riku (as is Ven) I don't know. It's obvious he's connected somehow to Riku.

duzu

vanitas2.png

I also took a screenshot. Notice that Vanita's and Ven's eyebrown have the same look. Ven's dark side? I don't know :35:

Coeurl

Demon Dance
haha i wouldn't be surprised if Vanitas will end up looking like Roxas too.

and lol Ven looks fat on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back