• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is the traitor?! (Poll)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who is the traitor???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Wanting to protect the darkness isn't necessarily a traitorist act. The light and dark balance is important for everyone as you can see from the first keyblade war without darkness and the clash the two sides have, light will eventually be consumed with greed and desire which is why there was a war to begin with. Also remember Master Eraqus was also blinded by light which lead to his death.

Yeah, but even so... his views seem the most estranged from everyone else's. And so he might try to do something that doesn't benefit their own end, when he discovers what he really holds dear (I think)=}

Though to be honest, I don't know about this whole Light and Darkness needing to stay in balance before the Keyblade War thing.

Yes, the X-Blade had equal parts darkness in it--because I'm assuming, though no one knew it, darkness also always existed like did, though perhaps in a different realm... until the clash made the dark realm bleed into the light one, that is?--but I thought the people didn't even know about darkness or what it was until after the first Keyblade War.

Basically, I'm saying the plot of Chi doesn't make a lot of sense to me. And I know there's probably a reason for it all--like we're actually in the Realm of Sleep, seeing a flawed retelling of what happened in Daybreak Town in the past--but until something like that is revealed that answers all these questions, Chi is seriously contradicting some already established things in this series (such as how the Emblem Heartless came into existence and all that).

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Though to be honest, I don't know about this whole Light and Darkness needing to stay in balance before the Keyblade War thing.

Yes, the X-Blade had equal parts darkness in it--because I'm assuming, though no one knew it, darkness also always existed like did, though perhaps in a different realm... until the clash made the dark realm bleed into the light one, that is?--but I thought the people didn't even know about darkness or what it was until after the first Keyblade War.
At this point in time, the World is full of light--but people began to get greedy over the light, and so light begets darkness.
The darkness is beginning to spread by the time the events of Chi occur, and that is what the player sets out to combat with their union--the events of Chi take place just before the actual Keyblade War, if I'm remembering correctly.
Message from the KINGDOM said:
Far, far away, in a fairy-tale realm...
The realm was filled with light.
That light gave birth to many worlds, enveloping them.
The source of the light, Kingdom Hearts, and the key that protected it, the χblade...
As long as they existed, it was believed that the realm would be in eternal light.
However, just as strong light will form a shadow, darkness was born.
The darkness called up fear, unease and craving.
Darkness, hidden deep in hearts, began to spread throughout the realm as chaos.
In order to drive back the spreading darkness, those who wished for light created Keyblades in imitation of the χblade, and embarked on adventures that spanned the realm.
Basically, I'm saying the plot of Chi doesn't make a lot of sense to me. And I know there's probably a reason for it all--like we're actually in the Realm of Sleep, seeing a flawed retelling of what happened in Daybreak Town in the past--but until something like that is revealed that answers all these questions, Chi is seriously contradicting some already established things in this series (such as how the Emblem Heartless came into existence and all that).
It hasn't been confirmed yet that Chi takes place in the Realm of Sleep...really, our only indication of this is the Dream Eater emblem on Chirithy's back. I can't remember the exact circumstances, but in KH3D, weren't Dream Eaters around in the real version of TWTNW near the end of Riku's side because Sora was still sleeping?
The Emblem Heartless should not exist yet at this point in the story, yes, but we do know that the worlds we travel to in order to harvest Lux are illusionary projections of the future produced by the Foretellers' Tomes of Prophecy, so it's completely possible that they have also been conjured from the future (but the Lux is very much real..) It's pretty fishy, but even more so is the Guilt system.
I'm sure Nomura has something up his sleeve, especially in light of "Unchained"..

Edit: I'm very tempted to vote Unicornis as the traitor, because of the tyranny they run in both Chi's and Ux's weekly rankings....

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm with the gang that says that there isn't a traitor, but rather that it was a rumor started by someone based on a missing page that supposedly says there's a traitor. For all we know, the page says nothing of a traitor.

YoungXehanort

Website
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com
I'm with the gang that says , but rather that it was a rumor started by someone based on a missing page that supposedly says there's a traitor. For all we know, the page says nothing of a traitor.
might be a rumor that there isn't a traitor though Anguis confirmed that there is a traitor among the 5 in unchained x trailer

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
might be a rumor that there isn't a traitor though Anguis confirmed that there is a traitor among the 5 in unchained x trailer

I go with Sephiroth0812's line: no one in Chi is to be trusted. What Anguis/Master Ava says could be a deliberate lie she made up, was tricked into thinking there is a traitor, or she chooses to believe there is a traitor.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
At this point in time, the World is full of light--but people began to get greedy over the light, and so light begets darkness.
The darkness is beginning to spread by the time the events of Chi occur, and that is what the player sets out to combat with their union--the events of Chi take place just before the actual Keyblade War, if I'm remembering correctly.

Okay, that makes a lot more sense. Thank you for explaining, friend! For some reason, I was thinking that darkness was only born in people's hearts after they ended up accidentally destroying the original Kingdom Hearts, but now that I think about it... your way definitely seems to be the one that canon's tried to explain over time, so thanks for clearing that up for me.

And yeah, I know that the RoS thing has neither been confirmed or denied yet. I was just using it as an example for how maybe this all might be explained in the end:) But as you pointed out, there are definitely some other possibilities as well, such as the Datascape idea=)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Would the Sixth Apprentice even be classified as a traitor because he was never assigned a Union by the Master nor a tome of prophecy?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
After the latest chi update I am convinced there is no actual traitor and this was a ruse set up by the hooded man to create turmoil amongst the Foretellers.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
After the latest chi update I am convinced there is no actual traitor and this was a ruse set up by the hooded man to create turmoil amongst the Foretellers.

Very much possible in order to make the prophecy written truly "unavoidable".
Recently in a PM I already entertained the notion that the Sixth Apprentice may indeed be the sin of arrogance/pride and does all this primarily in order to prove him/herself superior over the other five by orchestrating their downfall.
He/she did receive a new name, but didn't get a tome and did not become a Foreteller.
However, what if instead of being denied the tome and title by the Master of Masters what if the Sixth rejected them out of pride and arrogance, believing him/herself to be above the other five and being dismayed that this never gets acknowledged, he/she chooses to prove it by orchestrating the events of x[chi] and leading the Foretellers to infighting over something that ultimatively doesn't exist at all (the traitor).

Then again though, these powers to impersonate a Foreteller shown by Ava can be a very powerful tool to promote the distrust and infighting between the Foretellers.
So who is to say that it were really Invi/Anguis and Aced/Ursus fighting on the rooftops of Daybreak Town?

Hakan Xatos

Awards
There is no traitor. The rumor was started so that the union members would get together, mostly online, and argue who amongst their masters would betray the others. Tempers flare and they eventually turn on each other, starting the Keyblade War.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
There is no traitor. The rumor was started so that the union members would get together, mostly online, and argue who amongst their masters would betray the others. Tempers flare and they eventually turn on each other, starting the Keyblade War.
No no no, that's called a flame war. Unless... can flame wars be fought with Keyblades too?! :eek:

Ven-Skuld-Ephe

You know... Tetsuya Nomura said in an interview: the man in the black coat is the "Master of Masters". (http://www.khdestiny...-nomura-famitsu) yeah, I know it's in french... but it's a proof!

So, he can't be the 6th foreteller or Ephemera or something else! (or maybe Ephemera is the Master of Masters?)

GlitzySoftserve

It's worth pondering; the man in the hood is most likely. The exact whys and hows would be very intriguing, considering. I hope it gets unveiled in KH3, or possibly the later titles.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Probably has been mentioned already, but I don't think anyone is the traitor in the way the Masters of Masters implies. I think either multiple or possibly all of the Foretellers will be 'traitors' by in some way, going against what the Master told them in their efforts to save the world.

For example, a lot of people are mad saying they spoiled Ursus being the traitor. Yeah, maybe he went against the Master's orders, therefore making him a 'traitor', but obviously it's not like he was trying to drown the world in darkness, and I think it will be the same for almost everyone.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Hooded Man = Master of Masters

Seeing as the Master of Masters stated that there was a traitor in the first place, the Foretellers took his word to heart without question. It seems that Aced was the first one to realise the true deception of the Master of Masters, however, because of his adamant nature and aggressive means of solving things, he looks like the bad guy at face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back