• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is the most evil FF villain ever?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who is the most evil FF villain ever?

• Emperor Mateus

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Kefka

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Professor Hojo

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Gerrith Barrington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Sora’s Skyline

Awards
I feel like Kuja should at least be on the list. The man literally destroys an entire realm and then attempts to destroy the crystal that will decimate the entire universe.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I wanna vote for Exdeath because he banished the greatest character ever (Gilgamesh) to the void. But honestly any villain who brings some form of world ending chaos can be considered the most evil.

disney233

Awards
Kefka is a literal magic version of the Joker. That's saying something.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Out of the given options I'd say it is a tie between Hojo and Kefka, although I do have to admit that I don't even know who Gerrith Barrington even is.

I never played the MMO FFs and beyond Type-0, Dissidia and Theathrym none of the Spin-Offs.

When it comes to other FF villains though many of the early ones where megalomaniacs who wanted to either rule or completely destroy entire worlds or even universes. Zemus/Zeromus from IV is in good company with Kefka and Hojo, as is Exdeath to a certain degree.
The Cloud of Darkness from III is a special case as its more of a force of nature rather than being actually "evil" per the usual definition.
Ultimecia with her time compression is a runner up too however, also since in FF VIII itself it is insinuated that only she herself can truly exist in that time compressed "world".
Not to mention that when you reach her time period one of the first things you get to see is a bunch of corpses scattered around the base of her castle.

FF IX and Kuja are an interesting case as while many of the things Kuja does and causes are truly heinous "evil" and on par with the others he's among one of the few "main" FF villains who has some sympathetic angles to him and who (at the end) is capable of at least slight remorse, that doesn't scream "most evil".
In IX there actually isn't exactly a 100% evil antagonist around despite several wars, outright destruction of whole countries and genocidal actions instigated by both Kuja and Garlant.

In X, Jecht is actually more of a tragic anti-villain and Seymour, while callous and nihilistic, can also count as a broken soul rather than being truly evil. Yu-Yevon could arguably count but by the time of the actual game he's more like an instinct-driven plague rather than an intentional malicious evil.

Vayne Solidor from XII may arguably the very first full grey villain of the FF franchise as he's more of the noble demon type and doesn't do "evil" because it's fun or just for his own sake, but to free humanity from the history-controlling grasp of a council of jerk-ass gods and while he does take power he intends to pass it down to his peace-loving and more "good" younger brother once he has spilled all blood necessary to unite the world under one banner.
Vayne also fully acknowledges and knows that many of the things he does are morally inexcusable and while he regrets having to do them he is ruthless and ambitious enough to go through with them for the sake of the higher cause.

XIII on the other hand is murky mainly because the main villains aren't human but some god-made sentient machines. Both Barthandelus and Orphanus come over more like the early FF villains who are "evil" for the sake of it but have actually a completely different mindset and do not even see humans or human-esque beings as equals in the lifecycle. Cid Raines and Yaag Rosch are the anti-villains and noble demon types respectively and while both work for the antagonists they're not really "evil". Jihl Nabaat is a different story and arguably the most "evil" human villain of XIII, but not really comparable to contesters like Mateus, Zemus/Zeromus, Exdeath, Kefka or Professor Hojo.

Now XV, well, haven't really played that one yet beyond a few hours in the first chapter, but what I've read and seen on the net about Ardyn Izunia seems to catapult him right into top contester territory for most evil despite him apparently also having a tragic and sad backstory.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd say Don Corneo from FF7 is pretty despicable. Especially after his portrayal in the remake. Aside from him Hojo since he is the cause of a lot of suffering the main cast experiences(namely Cloud, Aerith, Vincent, Zack)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Kefka is the one most likely to pass the "eat this kitten" test. Hojo would vivisect the kitten but not eat it. Therefore, Kefka is the most evil.

Awards
I think Kefka and Ultimecia are the most evil to be honest. Most of the other villains have some sort of tragic back story to make players understand why they’re evil and how it could be “justified”. Sure Kefka’s back story is that he was experimented on, however, like the Joker, his actions aren’t to get revenge or anything like that, he’s just simply psychotic and wants to bring harm and destruction for pure enjoyment. He’s crazy to the point where he doesn’t care what was done to him in the past, he just wants power to kill.
And we know nothing of Ultimecia’s past, we just know she thirsts for power to recreate the world in her image.
Both of these characters are evil just “because they can be”. They aren’t trying to avenge something wrong done to them, they just want power and create chaos for their own amusement.

Bloodblade777-2

I would say bahamut from FF15 is the most evil, basically editing all the bad things he did out of history, fating the royal family of lucis over hundreds of generations to destruction and trying to omnicide the planet twice just so he and the other gods wouldnt be infected by the starscourge.

Noivern

Awards
Hojo is the most despicable person in the franchise easily, honestly.

Kefka is the most evil, but he is also batshit crazy. While I love him as a Villain (and consider him the best of the bunch), I never really took anything he did personally. He's evil, he's good at being evil, and we love him for being evil.

Hojo, however, is someone that was made so players would make it personal when they finally off'ed him.

Back