• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is the greatest band of all time?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
★;5551179 said:
linkin park

Linkin Park = Revolutionary Band who, after two albums of awesomeness, bombed and became terrible

Linkin Park - Thousand Suns = Revolutionary Band who, after two albums, released a third "meh" album

Linkin Park -Thousand Suns - Minutes to Midnight = Revolutionary Band who is the best of all time.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Of all the bands I listen to, I think the three greatest are The Beatles, Nirvana, and Pink Floyd.

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Pink Floyd. They were trying things no other band at the time was trying; or, rather, they were extending what bands like the late Beatles, The Grateful Dead, and Jefferson Airplane were experimenting with. Take "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. If you extend that song into an album, you get Dark Side of the Moon. Syd Barrett's and Roger Waters' songwriting was genius; again, they were writing about things that nobody else at the time was writing about.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Wouldn't this all be personal opinion? It seems odd to think about who is the greatest band when there is no criteria to judge such a question. Led Zeppelin are damn good though.

Trunks

Bronze Member
Awards
I would say Deftones. They never have a bad album, and there albums never sound the same as their previous efforts. They are a band who constantly evolve, and keep getting better.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Unless I'm wrong, no one has bothered to mention these two:

Creedence and Clearwater Revival

Spoiler Spoiler Show

or​

Stevie Ray Vaughan​

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
you mentioned them but neglected to say that they were the best band ever.

and they are.

αsiя

space coke
bonk which super underrated/unknown/notmainstream/notsellouts/noonecaresabout band should I choose!

MGMT

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Queen is Freddy Mercury and three guys. One of the greatest musicians, sure, but not the greatest band. :U Same goes with Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and CCR (which is the result of John Fogerty's genius). The reason Zep, and the Beatles are the top contenders is because each member is a legend in the field they specialize in (ok maybe not Ringo).

Oh yeah anybody mention Rush? =0 How they're still not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is beyond me.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

But I'm sticking with my choice of Led Zeppelin. So many great bands come in a close second, but they're not the gods of rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back