• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who here were fans...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

When were you a fan

• Before Chain of Memories(GBA)

Votes: 54 76.1%
  • Before KH2

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • After KH2

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Sad to say, but I didn't become a fan until '07/'08 or so. I'm pretty sure I had known about the series prior this, because I remember this kid mentioning it back in the sixth grade. He kept telling me how great it was, particularly Chain of Memories, but I didn't believe it. A game that includes Disney characters is good? Blasphemy! Anyway, my friend had let me borrow his PS2 and a bunch of his games to tide me over until Super Smash Brawl came out. Dunno why, but I was attracted to play Kingdom Hearts. I was expecting it to be some lame third party cash in, but I was completely wrong. I beat it and after playing KH 2 soon after, I was instantly hooked. Another friend of mine let me borrow his GBA CoM , and I bought Re:COM when it came out.

I consider myself a hardcore fan though. There's just no other series that gets me this excited anymore. I've played every Kingdom Hearts game at least 5 times, with the exception of Days and BBS. Birth By Sleep was great....but Days....that's another story >_>

Last edited:
Awards
My sister got it for Christmas in '02.
I had seen commercials and thought it looked incredibly stupid.
Then I watched her that day and proceeded to make my own save file the next.

And the rest is history.
Not the first time my first impression has been entirely wrong.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My sister got it for Christmas in '02.
I had seen commercials and thought it looked incredibly stupid.
Then I watched her that day and proceeded to make my own save file the next.

And the rest is history.
Not the first time my first impression has been entirely wrong.

Like Tangled?

Absent axel

2003 I think I got my PS2 and OH LOOKIE HERE YOU CAN CHOOSE 1 FREE GAME TO GO WITH IT!
Every other game looked shit. But then I saw a game with platinum around it and even though you couldnt see it all detailed in a little catalogue. (I might have read about it in a book and thought hey it looks good.) The blue background and the moon looked appealing. KH1 was my first PS2 game ever and I had loads of fun with it, and beating Rikunort for the first time out of a hundred tries was just epic to me. Finding out about Ansem made me think "Wait I thought it was the end of the game." and playing as a heartless was exciting. Ahhh Nostalgia as a little kid :3
I basically didnt even know COM existed due to no internet.

tri-blade

I got into KH when I got Chain of Memories, but that was because I did not have a PS2 with me at the time. My friend showed me the beginning of KH1 on his PS2, and I immediately got hooked on it. I then went and bought Chain of Memories for GBA.

~JD~

Yup, i played before CoM, and i consider myself a die-hard fan. KH is my life, kthx.

Sparks

gone
By the time that I finished the 1st game, the second game had just come out. I had no idea about CoM until I looked up the memories that were before Sora walked into Castle Oblivion, and found out about CoM, I had no GBA or DS at the time so I waited for Re:Com to come out.

Kiwi +

Push Ethan Page!
Awards
I actually didn't get it until way after CoM came out. KH1. Though I do remember playing it at a friends house, and well I wanted to play it since then cause it was so cool and had Disney characters in it.~

Davrax

I borrowed KH1 a little bit after it came out from a friend of mine.
I got stuck at Ursula for a while and then I told him he could take back his stupid game for jerks.

A few years of not thinking about Kingdom Hearts later I bought it secondhand and it melted my face with its awesomeness.

impart

Climb The Sky
go it a few months after it came out for Christmas in 2002 when I was a wee lil 10 year old xD

loved it ever since

Flurry

I don't even remember when I got mine but I know I got it before KH:COM came out I was like Six or maybe Seven when I got it Just a few months after it was out. I like to think I'm a die hard fan just check my room and have a chat with my annoyed parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back