• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who here were fans...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

When were you a fan

• Before Chain of Memories(GBA)

Votes: 54 76.1%
  • Before KH2

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • After KH2

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
I first played the original game sometime before CoM came out, though it was probably less than a year or even a little bit after it came out in Japan. I really don't remember when I first played it, other than the commericals for CoM didn't happen until some time after I first played and beat KH1, if not twice. I never got the original CoM though. I just waited until KH2, since I didn't have a GBA. To this day, I still consider the first game the best one, though if I played Birth By Sleep, I might reconsider. It looks much better than any other KH, aside from the first game, so it might give the first game a run for its munny.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
played the first at a freind's place before CoM came out

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well, I didn't own KH1 when it came out (because I didn't own any Sony products until 2006). I had played it at my friend's house in 2002... I just hadn't gotten past the third world. So I guess that doesn't qualify me as an old-die-hard-fan..

Arkaria

I got KH when it first came out. I believe I was in 7th or 8th grade at the time. In fact I didn't play CoM until they put it out on PS2. KH1 is what got me addicted to the series, and playing it still hits me with so much nostalgia that it gives me whiplash. In fact I joined KHinsider on a different name back when I first got the game too, but I think I posted something about being upset about the possibility of them making a KH game without Sora and Riku in it, and I think I got flamed by some troll and never came back... until a few weeks ago :p

NoObHaTeRxp

I first played the game shortly after it came out. My Girlfriend at the time actually got me the game for Christmas, and the first thing i thought was "Disney and FF in one game? I hope it doesn't suck." As soon as i turned the game on i was hooked. The only thing i hated was getting all my brains off the walls and ceiling. I then got the GBA game and that got me so excited for number two. Since then i have gotten every game the day it came out and never looked back.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I got KH when it first came out. I believe I was in 7th or 8th grade at the time. In fact I didn't play CoM until they put it out on PS2. KH1 is what got me addicted to the series, and playing it still hits me with so much nostalgia that it gives me whiplash. In fact I joined KHinsider on a different name back when I first got the game too, but I think I posted something about being upset about the possibility of them making a KH game without Sora and Riku in it, and I think I got flamed by some troll and never came back... until a few weeks ago :p
Don't listen to trolls/getting flamed. <3 That's a fair enough concern, I mean Square-enix with Final Fantasy is proof enough that they could have flopped the cast around. I'm so glad they didn't.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
i got KH1 a year after CoM was released. and i didn't even know there was already a sequel :/

so yeah i guess that makes me an "old-school" fan or whatever

blackberi

Played KH1 a little after CoM came out in the US... Guess I'm not the most die-hard fan but it's been more than 5 years. :'3
I had wanted to play it since 2003 though, I just didn't have a PS2.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I knew about KH1 since it was in development (I followed everything on a gaming website), but I never had a PS2 so I couldn't play until 2005 but I watched my friend play in 2002. But the first KH game I played on my own was CoM. But I think I can consider myself "hardcore" considering my dedication since its advent.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I knew about KH1 since it was in development (I followed everything on a gaming website), but I never had a PS2 so I couldn't play until 2005 but I watched my friend play in 2002. But the first KH game I played on my own was CoM. But I think I can consider myself "hardcore" considering my dedication since its advent.
I think you're hard core for following its development on a gaming website. Jeeze, you have dedication. I was way too young at that point to have that kind of dedication (that and I didn't get the internet until 2003...)

SogeUsopp114

Awards
sitting with you know who in the realm of darkness
kh CoM was my first kh game, was kinda annoyed because i didn't really get what was happening and completely stopped playing after i got stuck on the third fight with riku, but got curious about kh 2 from watching the commercials in 2005, was literally blown away when i got it ^_^, played kh 2 five times no joke lol, then replayed kh CoM finally beat it, and went to kh 1 kinda scared me a bit because the camera was so close to sora and the heartless kept popping up from my blind spots lol ^_^, been hooked on kh ever since playing kh 2, also kh made me into a final fantasy fan as well. sepheroth, cloud, tifa, leon and aerith ftw ^_^ *gives thumbs up*

i'm a huge fan of kh, might go as far as die hard once i can finally get my hands on the final mix versions lol ^_^.

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
I'm a mix up; I didn't know about KH (being rural and all) until 2006.
Played it and fell in love with KH. (was not allowed on internet at this point in life).
Got KH2 when I was in year seven (2007) and didnt actually get COM on GBA until 2008.
Which is why KH2 made no freaking sense when I played it; I was all: "WHAT THE FCUK!"
So i consider myself an original fan...sort of ^^;

Keyblade-War

Artist
Awards
Website
www.Codeleakers.com
I bought my PS2 in 2002 and my parents let me pick out two games i picked Run like hell, and Kingdom Hearts 1, so im an KH OG. I loved the game and once i beat it and seen the ending i had to get the next one i was like obsessed to see what would happen next.

keybladealex

My parents bought me the PS2 when the game first came out and they bought me KH as my first game. They thought it would be cool since it was Disney. Since I was kid, I didn't think that they would be right. Turns out they were. Thank you mom and dad.

Fallen Prince

Played and became a fan before Re: CoM, but other than that i started right after KH II came out. Bought the first on a whim and loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back