• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

who had the best keyblade design?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which keyblade has the best most unique design

• Sora/Xion “kingdom key”

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Riku “way to dawn/bravekeeper”

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Kairi “destiny embrace”

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Mickey “starseeker/kingdom key D/Star cluster”

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Roxas “oathkeeper/oblivion”

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Axel “flame liberator”

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Terra “Earthshaker/the end of the earth”

• Aqua” rainfall/stormfall/master defender”

• Ventus “wayward wind”

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (Bonus) xehanort “No name/Yx No name”

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keyblade07

Who had the best keyblade design In your opinion?

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
My personal opinion is that Keyblade is still one of the best looking keyblades in the mix. It's simple and iconic, easy to recognize and to sketch. A lot of the other ones often just seem to busy for a base keyblade.

Riku's Way to Dawn and Kairi's Destiny's Embrace being good examples of that. That said I do like their designs, just not as much as the Kingdom Key. Oathkeeper and Oblivion would be probably my second favorites and are pretty iconic in their own right. I also always had a soft spot for Aqua's Rainfell.

okhi12

Awards
Ends of the earth is one of my favorite keyblades, though I like all the default keyblades.
By the way, you forgot about Ven's Lost Memory.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The classic Kingdom Key is my favorite. I'm also quite fond of Ends of the Earth as a whole package, with both its design and cubic summoning effects.

Also, Riku's new Keyblade is called Braveheart.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I actually prefer Riku’s key to the others… The strange thing is Kairi’s keyblade looked nice to me when they made a Funko Pop of her holding it, but I didn’t like it in-game.

Oathkeeper / Oblivion are two of the best KB designs, but that's a bit of a cheat since Sora had those first. IMO, instead of Roxas wielding them, Kairi should've wielded Oathkeeper and Riku wielded Oblivion.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The classic Kingdom Key is my favorite. It's simple, not too busy, looks like a key and a blade, I love the hit effects it makes, and it has a actual story with Sora, his clones, and Riku. The other Keyblades are cool and all but the Kingdom Key remains my favorite. One of the best things KH3 did was allow you to upgrade Keyblades so now I can use Kingdom Key whenever I want and not feel downgraded. I'm so using it in ReMind.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Hmmm.. I'm a bit torn. Stormfall and Master's Keeper really started to grow on me after 0.2 was released, something about their relatively simple yet interesting designs just stuck with me after a minute.

But at the same time... Oblivion and Oathkeeper have always been two of my most preferred Keyblades in the series. So.. Eh, probably best to stick with those for now.

Way to Dawn, Starseeker, and Flame Liberator are some other honorable mentions.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Young Xehanort's No Name Keyblade is my favorite one in the entire series. It's glowing blue colors and clock design is just beautiful to look at.

My second pick would be the Oathkeeper and Oblivion keyblades.

Eonstar890

Awards
My all time favorites are definitely the way finder trio‘s keyblades. I have alway loved the design element of the armor pieces matching their Keyblade and also the way Rainfell is upgraded into Stormfall and the same for Terra’s keys. To me it symbolized how Aqua and Terra has been recognized as masters during their journey (even though Terra’s is a bit iffy). I wish the use of Keyblade armor as well as gliders was expanded upon for the rest of the cast with a sort of reforming of a keyblade order now that peace has been restored. I also really enjoy the elemental motifs in these keyblades and to me they feel the truest to being actual swords. Most keyblades are much more animated and colorful, where as these felt more warlike. For the purpose of the poll I picked oblivion and oathkeeper given how iconic they are, but if I could have chosen TAV as a whole I definitely would’ve.

Maybe one day my trio will get to be in the spotlight again :,)

AR829038

Awards
I personally love both No Names (the ancient one wielded by Master Xehanort, and especially the time one wielded by his younger counterpart—I'm assuming that one's also called No Name).
Other than these, I've always liked Way to the Dawn and Mickey's Kingdom Key D.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
There are keyblades I like and keyblades I think are excessive. I love Braveheart and Fenrir a lot, and I love Happy Gear just because of Monster's Inc/Yo-yo so it's hard to boil it down to just primary keyblade designs, but I'm voting for Riku's. Way to the Dawn was an awesome mix between his dark sword Soul Eater and an angel wing concept to contrast his light and darkness. Sorry Roxas, Oathkeeper and Oblivion just don't invoke the same feelings of awesomeness that Braveheart does.

legacier

Awards
In general I think simple designs work better, which is why a lot of the keychains from Disney worlds end up looking... uh, interesting. I have to say, I didn't like Braveheart at first, but it grew on me. I like that it varies from the typical skeleton key silhouette we're used to. It's the same with Ends of the Earth, which I didn't like at first but ended up being one of my favorites.

And actually, I like keyblades I general. As goofy as they are, their designs are so creative and it allows them to be a lot more expressive than ordinary weapons.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The strange thing is Kairi’s keyblade looked nice to me when they made a Funko Pop of her holding it, but I didn’t like it in-game.
Funny you should say that, a big reason I eventually got from thinking Destiny's Embrace was "alright, I guess" to actually liking it, was having the bring arts of it too get a proper look at it.

I missed a lot of motifs and design elements until then.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Funny you should say that, a big reason I eventually got from thinking Destiny's Embrace was "alright, I guess" to actually liking it, was having the bring arts of it too get a proper look at it.

I missed a lot of motifs and design elements until then.
I'm jelly, I am behind on my bring arts collection T_T

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
2Z9ltj9.jpg

Real answer is Ava

Keyblade07

I probably shouldn’t have put the master keeper with Aqua since technically she returned it to eraqus grave in land of departure after the final battle, guess we stick with her original keyblades.

Back