• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who forged the Keyblades?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxu

Awards
Its known that the Keyblades are made to be replicas of the X-Blade, but as seen in the Chi Era of games. All the Keyblade Wielders didn't forge them, but where merely bestowed upon to them. It is also known that Keyblades are somewhat capable of free thought, so how where they made? I think that the Master of Masters and Foretellers (Luxu included) forged them all.

Or my favorite of these theories is that, the Master of Master created six keyblades for his pupils. And made one other keyblade, and used the Book of Prophecies to replicate that Keyblade, and that Keyblade is no other than Starlight. But this theory deserves a thread of its own.

So who do you think forged the Keyblades?

DefiantHeart

Awards
Personally I like to think Tetsuya Nomura made himself the Master of Masters secretly, and he made the keyblades from people's hearts. :3 It would be interesting, and then this real world connection could start off a chain effect of a KH virtual reality game, where irl people can play as KH characters. :3

Luxu

Awards
Personally I like to think Tetsuya Nomura made himself the Master of Masters secretly, and he made the keyblades from people's hearts. :3 It would be interesting, and then this real world connection could start off a chain effect of a KH virtual reality game, where irl people can play as KH characters. :3

Just imagine that on the the VR that allows you to interact with everything.

And I would imagine if Testuya was the MoM, he said he wants to be a villain so... (If someone could find it for me, that would be nice)

But the closet so far we have come to being in the KH universe, is The Player from KHx/KHuX. Even then they aren't really us, we just customize them, and name them. The Player has proven that they aren't us, they are their own person we control. Like Ventus, Riku, or Sora, we just have more freedom to do what we choose with The Player.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If I remember correctly, the xblade is the physical manifestation of Kingdom Hearts, while the other Keyblades are man made and were made from the image of the xblade. I don't think trying to pinpoint who made the first Keyblade and which is the original Keyblade matters, but it's still a fun point to discuss. Perhaps the first Keyblade is the Goatblade, as we popularly like to call it. And obviously, the one who made it was the MoM.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Perhaps the first Keyblade is the Goatblade, as we popularly like to call it. And obviously, the one who made it was the MoM.
If you mean the first artificial Keyblade, then yes, that is correct. But the very first Keyblade to actually exist was the X-Blade itself, since all the Keyblades were forged in means to copy it and it's power (basically to open KH)..

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If you mean the first artificial Keyblade, then yes, that is correct. But the very first Keyblade to actually exist was the X-Blade itself, since all the Keyblades were forged in means to copy it and it's power (basically to open KH)..

Yeah. The first man made. I also think there's more to the Goatblade than meets the eye (no pun intended, LOL). I mean, the MoM had access, or created the Tome of Prophecies. Whose to say he didn't infuse the Goatblade with powers equal or beyond that of the Tome?

Luxu

Awards
Yeah. The first man made. I also think there's more to the Goatblade than meets the eye (no pun intended, LOL). I mean, the MoM had access, or created the Tome of Prophecies. Whose to say he didn't infuse the Goatblade with powers equal or beyond that of the Tome?

Then Sora is going to have a fun time beating him in KH3, with the Kingdom Key. Sora is going to need a superior or as good Keyblade (Perhaps the Kingdom Key was the MoM's keyblade but it took a new form?)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sora is going to need a superior or as good Keyblade
I think that's what Keyblade Transformation is for. Besides being a gameplay mechanic, it's to demonstrate that Sora has evolved from being simply a Wielder, to a Master of the Keyblade.

(Perhaps the Kingdom Key was the MoM's keyblade but it took a new form?)
I don't think so, no. I think the Kingdom Key is part of the batch of man made Keyblades after the Goatblade. There's a reason Young Xehanort called it the oldest in history and did not mention any other Keyblade.

Muke

whatever
Awards
If it really is the oldest KB in existence, I am assuming that it is the first artificially created one?

Because people forged the first Keyblades in the image of the x-blade, in order to conquer the light of Kingdom Hearts

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think so, no. I think the Kingdom Key is part of the batch of man made Keyblades after the Goatblade. There's a reason Young Xehanort called it the oldest in history and did not mention any other Keyblade.
So if the Kingdom Key is man made and the Kingdom Key D too, how exactly were they choosen to become the "Realms Keyblade". KK is from the Realm of Light and KD is from the Realm of Darkness. Who decided that?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So if the Kingdom Key is man made and the Kingdom Key D too, how exactly were they choosen to become the "Realms Keyblade". KK is from the Realm of Light and KD is from the Realm of Darkness. Who decided that?

Unless the Realms themselves have physical counterparts and KK represents Light, while the Inversed represents Darkness...? I don't know. There are some topics in KH that have been brought up by the games themselves and Nomura, but end up being shoved down with newer matters.

Luxu

Awards

Whatever the Dandelions felt like doing, they recreated the world's and a Keyblade would be needed so they most likely got two super powerful ones and made it the keeper of the Realms as many Keyblades exist, but the Kingdom Keys are among the most powerful and unique

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Unless the Realms themselves have physical counterparts and KK represents Light, while the Inversed represents Darkness...? I don't know. There are some topics in KH that have been brought up by the games themselves and Nomura, but end up being shoved down with newer matters.
I'm really curious about this, and I kinda hoped it was revealed in one of those "Ultimania".
Whatever the Dandelions felt like doing, they recreated the world's and a Keyblade would be needed so they most likely got two super powerful ones and made it the keeper of the Realms as many Keyblades exist, but the Kingdom Keys are among the most powerful and unique
I'm not sure it works that way...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Perhaps more of the Keyblades will be explored in KHIII. They seem to have more focus, seeing as how one of the new gameplay mechanics is Keyblade Transformation. Other than that, Xehanort states that the Goatblade is the most ancient Keyblade in existence. With these two elements in mind, it's reasonable to deduct that the Keyblade will have a prominent role equal or greater to that it had in the original KH.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'd be totally down with a Keyblade blacksmith in the Kingdom Hearts series. Maybe Lea can aspire to become one as his personal goal. It fits with his fire motif.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'd be totally down with a Keyblade blacksmith in the Kingdom Hearts series. Maybe Lea can aspire to become one as his personal goal. It fits with his fire motif.

That would be interesting to see: how exactly is a Keyblade forged? I mean, we're talking about a sentient object that has a lot of power. How can someone go and create that as it were like making bread?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I do not actually expect there to be an actual "mechanic" forging process for Keyblades at all, so the imagery of i.e. a middle-age swordsmith actually crafting the blades does not fit.

No, I'd expect it to be rather a sort of magical process that in terms of imagery has nothing to do with classical weapon forging.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I do not actually expect there to be an actual "mechanic" forging process for Keyblades at all, so the imagery of i.e. a middle-age swordsmith actually crafting the blades does not fit.

No, I'd expect it to be rather a sort of magical process that in terms of imagery has nothing to do with classical weapon forging.

Yeah. If we ever get to see the process of forging a Keyblade, I can visualize someone amassing orbs of light and slowly giving it shape and making a Keyblade. But we don't necessarily need an explanation of every aspect of the series. Hell, we've got Keychains. Those change the appearance of the Keyblade, yet, we're never told how that happens, just that it does. But it isn't something very pressing to know, haha.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Yen Sid training him to become a Keyblade Forge after KH3? Sure, why not.

It's probably going to be something magical.

But what really interests me is, how do Keyblades chose their champions? Someone else forged them, but they aren't the users of that Keyblade. The Way to Dawn for example, Riku didn't forge it, yet it came to him. Seems kind of a dick move really.
Smith: "Look at this Master, I made this new Keyblade!"
*Keyblade dissapears*
Smith: "Damn it, not again!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back