• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

who else like final fantasy 13, its songs, music, gameplay, story? etc

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Somnus cealum

Awards
i started the final fantasy trilogy last month on my new ps3. and i finished them. i love the music and graphics. the song my hands by leona lewis( i think that's her name) made my cry, it was beautiful. i didn't like the linearity in ff13 1, ff13 2 was better and loved the system and reminded me of kh ddd. ff13 3 was great in gameplay. i understand why people hate ff13 3 but i loved the whole trilogy tbh. one of my fave ff games along with 7r, 10 10 2, 12, 15 world of ff, dissida nt and type 0

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I hope they will make a Remaster for 4 or 5 soon, that includes all three in games--but most importantly XIII-2's DLC ending. I believe it'll happen someday since they've been making Remasters of all the others lately. :D

I always loved how "My Hands" was chosen to be its theme song. I owned Leona's album before I ever got XIII. She has such a beautiful voice.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I like Lightning, Sazh and Fang. I had fun with the game, but it's not a favourite of mine. However, I also don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be. The sequel is much better though.

I wish they'd kept the original vocal themes. Not a fan of the idea of just picking a random pop song and shoehorning it into the game like they did with Leona's song in the west.

This English fan cover of the actual ending vocal theme is amazing and I hope they have an official English version recorded for when they eventually re-release the game:

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I really loved XIII when it came out at the time, though I do remember the pacing of the first half being incredibly slow. It didn’t suck me into its world/lore so much but the plot, characters, music, settings, and gameplay were great. As I don’t own an Xbox or a PC, like many others I’m eagerly awaiting PS4/PS5/Switch remasters so I can play through the whole trilogy.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I hope they will make a Remaster for 4 or 5 soon, that includes all three in games--but most importantly XIII-2's DLC ending. I believe it'll happen someday since they've been making Remasters of all the others lately. :D
I don't even understand what I was saying here looking back, it's all garbled. I think I meant that I hope they'll make Remasters for the rest of the FF series, and that they could package some of the older ones like IV and V together? I think it's likely XIII / XIII-2 will get a Remaster re-release since even X / X-2 and XII have, and that way they could include the DLC ending within the product next time around. I would like to re-visit XIII and its sequel once that happens.

Foxycian

Awards
I like ffxiii trilogy but I wasn’t fan of some of what the sequels did, especially ffxiii lightning return, maybe cause I’m religious lmao, like seriously... killing the creator of your universe? And with the power of friendship? Bruh even if I wasn’t religious I would have still thought that was silly, don’t get me wrong I’m still fan of the ffxiii trilogy but that kind of storyline It came out of nowhere, at least in my opinion, ffxiii already had a great ending, but ffxiii-2 and ffxiii lightning return is like a totally different games, lightning also was given soo much buffs in these sequel titles to the point I don’t see any protagonist surpassing her unless they do these kind of bs plot line again.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Hope was a huge turn off for me in the original game, so I never really had much interest in FFXIII. The music scores like Blinded by Light and Saber’s Edge are amazing though.

Soldier

Awards
Even though I never played it, I love the design of the eidolons and music like blinded by the light. Some of the cinematic scenes like at the racetrack are brilliantly done, and the fact that nearly every eidolon has a transformation into some type of vehicle (barring Odin, which transforms into Slepnir) complemented this well. Fang is best girl, I'll fight you all on it.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
You know, it's odd. I actually don't hate (see: I like) "My Hands" as a theme for XIII. It was incorporated so well into the trailers that by the time I heard it as the closing theme it felt like it was a part of the game's DNA. I think it speaks to some of the broken / strained relationships in XIII. That being said, changing the theme was wildly unnecessary given the love Western audiences have for "Eyes on Me", "Melodies of Life" and "Suteki da Ne", etc.

Now, speaking of strained relationships, I did have one with XIII. Linearity wasn't an issue, but the grind to get through it was. And I just wasn't as interested in the plot, characters and battle system as I was in X. Perhaps the developers thought it was a clever parallel to restrict freedom of choosing teams, crafting and sidequests until you break out of Cocoon, because that's really where the game shifts for me.

I'm glad I stuck it out, because once I reached the organic Gran Pulse, I warmed up to it. Coincidentally, Dust to Dust (played in Oerba) is one of my favorite pieces of FF bgm. And Vanille, who's trope-ish facade I would have expected to grate on me most, flipped the script on me by being one of the most conflicted characters among the cast. Gotta admit, she ended up being my favorite, with her and Fang being the game's MVPs for me.

Solidifying the journey was worth it - the ending is so beautiful, it brings me to tears. It wasn't fun to get through, but I'm still glad I got there. The sequel, in terms of playability is MUCH more palatable (and at times addicting), and I love it's soundtrack. I have mixed feelings on the plot; overall, it's way less impactful for me than the first game. XIII-2 is less polarizing across the board, though. I still haven't played Lightning Returns, but I do have a genuine interest in finishing the trilogy.

So, it's not all bad for me. It's not my favorite by a stretch, but I still recommend people try it out and see what they think.

Back