• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who else got emotional when (ending spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I wonder if that ending is even is the true ending? DLC is going to happen for this game, and a part of me thinks that completing said DLC chapter will give a more conclusive resolution.

Tai Yasue did say that there's no new worlds that will be added in Kingdom Hearts III, but Verum Rex is technically a world we have already visited.

D3cca

So, when I was watching it, I had seen Sora and Kairi holding hands, and I was so happy. I had a big smile on my face, my hands were clasped together, and thinking, "Finally! They finally got into a relationship! My ship has finally sailed!!" But then, when Sora just disappeared, my mouth just dropped open, and my happiness just flew away, as I sat there and stared in confusion. So I watched the credits, thinking that the epilouge will show something, now keep in mind, I haven't watched the secret ending yet. But anyways, once I seen that it wasn't about Sora, I just broke down and cried. Playing Kingdom Hearts 3 hasn't been the same since I witnessed that moment.

galaxystars

It was sad. I especially liked the way they did it. Sora literally disappears with the sunset.

Oscar

Me I was just a bit sad. I felt happy that they finally just got to spend time with each other after all that they went through only for it to fade away. I would love to see a bit more development in their relationship though to be honest like others have said. I try not to think about the fact that the main character is going to come back, but Sora obviously won't stay gone even if it made for a better ending.

Hexxagone

The question is, will Sora return in the next spinoff game or will he be gone until he returns in KH4

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
^ pretty much what everyone else has said thus far.

Atop of that, I’m still irritated about how Sora went through all that trouble to rescue Kairi at the end by himself only for her to reappear on Destiny Island. If she was literally going to show up there, then there wasn’t a need for him to leave like that. So what was the point of it? I know Sora would have to leave in order to continue the next saga. But this ending felt extremely lacking and vague. Otherwise, I actually laughed at Sora and Kairi becoming more canon with the hand holding.

So confusion, laughter, brief enjoyment, and frustration is the majority of what I felt at the end.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I WAS TEARED UP. That was me most of the end of the game though.

Nomura warned me and I didn't believe him.

^ pretty much what everyone else has said thus far.

Atop of that, I’m still irritated about how Sora went through all that trouble to rescue Kairi at the end by himself only for her to reappear on Destiny Island. If she was literally going to show up there, then there wasn’t a need for him to leave like that. So what was the point of it? I know Sora would have to leave in order to continue the next saga. But this ending felt extremely lacking and vague. Otherwise, I actually laughed at Sora and Kairi becoming more canon with the hand holding.

So confusion, laughter, brief enjoyment, and frustration is the majority of what I felt at the end.
She only reappears because he went through the same process he went through to save the other Guardians, though. They just cut it to them being reunited for whatever cinematic reason.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I WAS TEARED UP. That was me most of the end of the game though.

Nomura warned me and I didn't believe him.

She only reappears because he went through the same process he went through to save the other Guardians, though. They just cut it to them being reunited for whatever cinematic reason.

In that case, I wish they hadn't skipped that part because, I didn't make that connection upon seeing it for the first time. lol.

And my worst fear was almost thinking Kairi was actually alone and talking to a non-existing Sora. Similar to how Riku was talking to Replica Riku. This cinematic ending could've been interpreted in so many ways. xD BUT I did like the beach party portion of the ending.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead Left 4 Dead

To be honest, I spoiled the ending, but even being spoiled, seeing Sora vanish away felt like a hole in my heart, but not because of Kairi, but because he actually died.

Back