• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who else got emotional when (ending spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Meelow

Awards
Sora vanishes into thin air when he and Kairi were sitting on the tree? I never got emotional in a game before but seeing Sora not make it after saving Kairi was heartbreaking.

What do you all think?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I was sad in the moment but now all I feel is frustration that I had to sit through all those cringey SoKai scenes for absolutely no pay off.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm more sad about it all now. The more I think of it the sadder I get. But in the moment I was just dumbfounded tbh.

I was sad in the moment but now all I feel is frustration that I had to sit through all those cringey SoKai scenes for absolutely no pay off.

Lol, same

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It was pretty emotional. I like that Sora's reckless actions had consequnces.

What pay off did you want?

KHRULER

Awards
Meh. I think it was "sad" but I didn't feel a lot emotion over it. There are other scenes in the game that are more emotional than that imo.

Laurel

Awards
I was reminded of KH1's ending where Sora disappeared as soon as he and Kairi reunited so I was more like "Again, Nomura?" more than emotional. It was sad by all means, I just wished that the ending didn't end on a cliffhanger. Also I was more emotional over Roxas's return.

darknessofheart

Awards
For me, I knew he didn't die because of Nomura's comments of Sora being the hero till the end and death being a very, very unique occurrence to the series. So many characters have returned that were once thought dead. I also never liked Kairi's character; she is not relatable in any shape or form because there has been nothing revealed about her aside that she has a heart of pure light. That, along with her being utterly useless and always the damsel in distress, does not make for a relatable character.

There is is reason Nomura can relate to Xehanort and his cohorts more than Sora and Kairi; the villains have anger, hatred, and other negative emotions. The same aspects that actually make up, you know, a human being. A character who is all pure and good is just unrealistic and boring. We all have negative and positive aspects about us; it's the part we choose to act on that define us. Kairi is just boring and Sora will be back, so the scene was nothing but an eye roll for me. I rather find out what happened to Kairi's grandmother.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It was pretty emotional. I like that Sora's reckless actions had consequnces.

What pay off did you want?

Preferably for the two to just have their moment so we don't need to waste time in the future establishing where they stand in their relationship. The last thing we need is for this to become another "Thank Namine" situation where Sora reminds us over like 3-4 games that he still hasn't said it properly.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I felt two things:

1. The feeling that I'm supposed to be sad at this.

2. The feeling of "sure, whatever, fine."

It probably would have helped if Nomura hadn't said that KH would always be Sora's story, but do admit the scene itself was put together very nicely and it showed Sora's actions having consequences.

Laurel

Awards
I felt two things:

It probably would have helped if Nomura hadn't said that KH would always be Sora's story, but do admit the scene itself was put together very nicely and it showed Sora's actions having consequences.

Yeah, Nomura shouldn't have said that, it would've made the ending more shocking and the secret ending more suprising knowing that Sora's still alive.

Alja

Am I the only one who watched the ending, thought "Lol no you must be kidding me, gotta wait for the epilogue", went through the epilogue, the secret movie, then back to the theater to realize "Wow okay, the epilogue was the whole Union Cross stuff", sitting in complete silence and stupor only to break down half an hour after finishing the game because only then the sudden realization hit me that Sora is dead?

No? Okay.

Anyway. Yeah, I'm aware this isn't the end because of the secret ending and I am aware that they foreshadowed his death throughout the game. I was on my toes all the time and feared the worst, but the execution at the end is so bad that I couldn't even properly grieve when it happened. But yeah, I was definitely devastated because no matter if there are future games, it's unfair that the one person who helped everyone doesn't get his happy ending. We don't even know the specifics, he's just gone, and that is probably what bothers me the most about the ending. He could have brought Kairi back, both he and Kairi could be just a vision, the whole scene at the beach might be just symbolic like the majority of Blank Points. We don't know what happened and that makes this ending not only emotional, it makes it downright cruel, especially since everybody else is enjoying themselves except for Kairi. And sorry, it's not a satisfactory ending for this saga. They can still yeet Sora into Shibuya or whatever in the secret ending without killing his happy ending. It would also allow them to finally age up the boy a little, if the journal is to be trusted, Dark Riku looks only a year younger than KH3 Riku which would make KH3 Riku's age still 16?! Though I also felt like Aqua's fall to the darkness was described to have happened 12 years ago so I'm very confused on that.

And while there were other emotional scenes during the endgame (mainly the Wayfinder and Wayfinder+Eraqus scenes), everything was happening just too quickly all at once to properly digest it because once you do, the next thing already happened.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I was more emotional seeing RAXI on the clocktower and all the different characters on the beach together. I guess because I know Sora's not going anywhere.

Not as emotional as Roxas and Namine in the KH2 ending or Riku in the KH1 ending. Aqua in the BbS ending is probably the ending I teared up to the most.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Nah, what actually made me feel like tearing up was the Union X moment.

You know the one.

I didn't cry at all during the game, but that moment was close. It was just done so perfectly, symbolic for multiple reasons.

As for the ending, it's like I said before -- Sora is reckless, and doesn't listen to counsel wiser and more experienced than he is, so what happens... happens. He could've had Donald, Goofy, Xion, Riku and Mickey with him to go seek Kairi out in case of things going left (which it DID, clearly) or listen to what Riku said and go back to Yen Sid. He not only chose NOT to do either of those things, but went off as soon as he took out Xehanort, not even giving himself time to breathe.

I know that it's a common theme that him and Kairi always seem to be split apart, but there were better ways to go about it, and well... He paid the price for it, as Young Xehanort said he would. So I didn't really feel sad about it at all. At least, not in the "oh man he's dead" way, I was shocked, but after that, I thought about it and felt like there really wasn't much other way for this to go. He's too cocky, just because "He's Sora" doesn't mean he's gonna be okay every time, so I hope in KH4, he humbles himself. I don't want Riku diving in after him all the time.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Like Tartarus, I was much more emotional about the individual scenes of the other characters (both the Days crew and BBS, Ven with Chirithy is cute af) and the big beach party.

I've never cared for the whole SoKai stuff so all that particular part got from me was a shrug and some thoughts in my head about how exactly Nomura will set up the follow up to all this.
The secret ending didn't really give an answer to that but plenty of fodder to theorize.

And as SuperSaiyanSora points out there was a setup for this throughout the entirety of KH III with multiple characters providing possibilities to do things differently with less risks but Sora had to be stubborn and do it his way all through, with all the consequences that entails.

The only thing I'm probably a little miffed about is that the regular ending wasn't the unequivocally happy one with finality for those who want to stop after KH III and leave all the sequel baiting solely to the epilogue and secret ending.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I was busy cringing hard about the fact that THIS was the ending Sora got after all this time. Couldn't even question what exactly had happened or why, I was just..EEEEEEKS.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I felt two things:

Pretty much this. I felt a hole in my heart when Sora vanished, but at the same time, Nomura did a very poor job at building on their relationship. I think the relationship between Barbie and Ken is more blatantly obvious and appreciated than SoKai.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I was still super irritated that Kairi was kidnapped and had to be saved by Sora and that was the whole reason this even happened that I wasn't too sad. Sure I was like "Aw..." but I was also like "This didn't have to happen. Nothing about this is well-written."

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
If Nomura was working backward and started with the position he wanted Sora to die for whatever reason then I think there were many more alternative ways they can reach that point that would have been more emotional to me. I have already seen Sora "kill" himself to save Kairi in KH1 so it's not like this new ground for Sora. I did not learn anything new about Sora's character or motivation by his decision to save Kairi other than yea that is what Sora does. So the writers sacrifice Kairi for every little practical reason.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
That was by far the worst part about the ending, hate that shit, I wonder if it will at least pay of and we play as only Sora in the next game or if we'll reunite with D&G within an hour or two lol.
I was kinda disappointed that Sora didn't release KH and restored the complete world.
I know they said that everyone would basically die and Maybe be reborn later but they had never brought that up before so they didn't have to pull that shit.

Back